NATIONAL CHAMPION.
Reaction score
So, 5/6 AFC spots are clinched:

Pats
Raiders
Steelers
Chiefs
Texans

with Denver and Miami still alive, pending the KC/DEN game tonight where a KC win eliminates Denver.

Steelers are locked into the 3 seed, Texans the 4. Assuming the likely outcome of the Pats as the 1 seed, Pittsburgh and either KC/OAK would be the only teams we wouldn't be able to face until the AFCCG.

As of now:

1. NE/OAK
2. OAK/KC/NE
3. PIT
4. HOU
5. KC/OAK/MIA
6. MIA/KC

Man, there hasn't been a prettier picture for the Pats in the AFC in a LONG time. Doubtful anyone comes within 10 points of us until Houston.

I think the stars are aligning.

Looks like KC will be WC1 and Miami WC2. That means KC would go to Houston where they would surely win and Miami go to Pitt where the Steelers should take them. KC then come to Gillette and Pitt go to Oakland. It's coming together really for a Pitt-NE AFCCG.

Denver are technically still there of course and need to win out to get the WC from Miami.

Assuming Oakland is done and gets the 5 seed by default and then loses to Houston, and Miami loses in the cold to PIT, it looks like the Texans get pummeled in the cold in the divisional round. Pit likely comes to NE for the AFCCC. On to the SB.

Oakland is done. They will lose @Denver then be one and done.

I mean, even if we managed to lose next week, it really makes no difference. Because Oakland are done without Carr. So Pitt would come to NE for the divisional game and KC would go to Oakland and they'd win so KC would still have to come to Gillette for the AFCCG....either way I just don't see us not hosting the AFCCG.

Oakland is done. They will lose @Denver then be one and done.

If that happens, absolutely. If the Chiefs overtake them for 2nd seed, the Raydez go to 5th seed so they'd go to Houston and I would fancy the Texans to win that which would be a decent season for BOB. Houston would then come to Gillette with Pitt having beaten Miami going to KC. That came would be to close to call but either way, Steelers or Chiefs in Gillette in the AFCCG. Not exactly a game to tremble with fear over....

If that happens, absolutely. If the Chiefs overtake them for 2nd seed, the Raydez go to 5th seed so they'd go to Houston and I would fancy the Texans to win that which would be a decent season for BOB. Houston would then come to Gillette with Pitt having beaten Miami going to KC. That came would be to close to call but either way, Steelers or Chiefs in Gillette in the AFCCG. Not exactly a game to tremble with fear over....

I wouldn't count Oakland out against Houston. Houston is horrible.

As for the rest, none of Pittsburgh, KC, Miami, Houston or Oakland would stop me from putting a wager on a double digit Pats spread. Shit, maybe the only way any of the playoff games could be competitive would be if you combined those 5 squads and made an all star team of sorts.

This is the first time since the 2002 season and only the 5th time in the modern era that neither Super Bowl participant, Denver/Carolina, made the playoffs the following year.

Super Bowl XXXVII (2002 season): Bucs 48, Raiders 21
2003 season: Bucs go 7-9, Raiders go 4-12.

(Of course, it happened to the Pats/Rams the year before)
=======================================

AFC playoff picture: All six teams decided, only seeds to play for

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 26, 2016, 6:18 AM EST
607567632.jpg
Getty ImagesThere’s not a lot of suspense in the AFC playoff picture heading into Week 17.
The six playoff teams will be the Patriots, Raiders, Steelers, Texans, Chiefs and Dolphins. All that’s left to be determined is the seeding of those six teams.
Here’s how it looks right now:
1. Patriots (13-2): Have clinched a first-round bye and will clinch home-field advantage with a win or a Raiders loss.
2. Raiders (12-3): Need to win or have the Chiefs lose next week to clinch the AFC West.
3. Steelers: (10-5): Locked into the No. 3 seed, based on the strength of victory tiebreaker over the Texans.
4. Texans (9-6): Locked into the No. 4 seed.
5. Chiefs (11-4): Can still catch the Raiders in the AFC West, with a win and an Oakland loss.
6. Dolphins (10-5): Would move up to the No. 5 seed with a win and a Chiefs loss. Otherwise Miami is the No. 6 seed.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...teams-decided-only-seeds-to-play-for/related/

Also, this is the first time since '97/'98 that the Colts have missed the playoffs two years in a row. But of course Pags and Grigs are coming back to make it three. lol.

I think the stars are aligning.

It's coming together really for a Pitt-NE AFCCG.

Yes!!!
This is the path I prefer.
Last time it happened was Ben's rookie year.

And praise to the football gods, Steelers have a bye next week to get everyone healthy.
Oh the anticipation.

Stay strong Pats.

Where do I go first this morning?

OrangeMane

Gang Green

Russell Street Report

Not to troll, just to read, enjoy, and be on suicide watch duty.

I love the Patriots!!! ROFL

Ok who is more dangerous to the Pats in the AFC the Steelers or Chiefs b/c that's all the conference has to offer right now. I fear the Steelers b/c of Bell being impossible to tackle and then Ben throwing to Antonio Brown. I fear the Chiefs b/c of their pass rush and then the Pats might let Tyreke Hill make too many big plays on them.

Also, this is the first time since '97/'98 that the Colts have missed the playoffs two years in a row. But of course Pags and Grigs are coming back to make it three. lol.

And every colts fan I've talked to are not happy about those two coming back, including me.

Ok who is more dangerous to the Pats in the AFC the Steelers or Chiefs b/c that's all the conference has to offer right now. I fear the Steelers b/c of Bell being impossible to tackle and then Ben throwing to Antonio Brown. I fear the Chiefs b/c of their pass rush and then the Pats might let Tyreke Hill make too many big plays on them.

Neither. A goldfish isn't dangerous to a Great White.

It be very intresting . If oakland loses & KC wins. Chiefs get the #2 Seed. Raiders get #5. I could see steelers beating miami in the wildcard

Steelers have Big Raper but their D isn't what it used to be. Chiefs have a good D and Hill is a weapon but you can count on Alex Smith to f up at least once a game and, despite being a pretty solid coach, you can count on Andy The Walrus to do the same. So, honestly, the Pats should beat either, as long as they win the turnover battle and the O-line doesn't turn to shit (which, with Scar back in the fold, doesn't seem to be happening).

Back