PM- How many TDs?

The way the Denver offensive line is playing right now, Manning is one play away from finishing the season with 33 TD passes and a very long vacation. He is taking big hits, it seems like, every week, at least recently.

If he stays healthy, and that is a pretty big if, he should have no problem breaking the record, if he wants to. He could, at any time, put up five or six TD passes in a game, if his offensive line is playing well. I was surprised the Broncos went so conservative in the fourth quarter yesterday. Welker only caught three balls the entire game, and that is probably his low for the season, and Decker was not very effective, either. That was really the first time I have seen them go so conservative.

The way the Denver offensive line is playing right now, Manning is one play away from finishing the season with 33 TD passes and a very long vacation. He is taking big hits, it seems like, every week, at least recently.

If he stays healthy, and that is a pretty big if, he should have no problem breaking the record, if he wants to. He could, at any time, put up five or six TD passes in a game, if his offensive line is playing well. I was surprised the Broncos went so conservative in the fourth quarter yesterday. Welker only caught three balls the entire game, and that is probably his low for the season, and Decker was not very effective, either. That was really the first time I have seen them go so conservative.

Thomas was the bell cow yesterday, if you get a guy you can dump balls off to that run down the sideline for 70 yards un touched you stay with it. I am not sure Peyton not throwing 6 td's every game is "want to" other teams play defense too. A few in the next few weeks play very good defense.

15 out of 43 as of this post. Surprised it is that low.

A sore subject for me. But:

Absent injury (Which I will not wish for either publicly or privately) it appears that Tommy's record is toast. I think he stays healthy enough.

How many TDs for PM? I say 54.

35. Manning doesn't finish the game next week.

Ed Reed released. Huh.

Maybe going to a team that actually has a chance to play for something meaningful would re-energize him. :shrug:

Limited snaps, etc. etc. He's got an awful lot of miles on him. An old 35. But like I said, 10ish snaps a game? Why the **** not?

Limited snaps, etc. etc. He's got an awful lot of miles on him. An old 35. But like I said, 10ish snaps a game? Why the **** not?

He can't cover so are you looking at running plays?
Who's spot would he take?

Surely not Gregory's who is playing quite well by all accounts, including BB's. Would he come in for a LB or a CB in a big nickel? I don't see it. I wouldn't sub him for H'tower, Spikes or Collins. I like Dennard, Talib, Arrington and Ryan in coverage far more than Reed.

We already have 1 ceremonial graybeard S on the shelf (Adrian Wilson); we don't need another one.

He can't cover so are you looking at running plays?
Who's spot would he take?

Obvious passing downs. Big Nickel.

Surely not Gregory's who is playing quite well by all accounts,
Not all accounts. If "he doesn't suck quite as bad as he did last year" is your threshold, then he's cleared it.

including BB's.

ROFL BB...Everyone's a superstar to BB.

Would he come in for a LB or a CB in a big nickel?
A linebacker. Spikes, Hightower, any of the LBs really, since none of them can cover.

I don't see it.

Then you're choosing to be willfully blind. So be it.

I wouldn't sub him for H'tower, Spikes or Collins.

I know. No one can shut down receivers quite like those 3. On 3rd and 16 is when Hightower really turns it on.

I like Dennard, Talib, Arrington and Ryan in coverage far more than Reed.

Well, they're all corners, so...and I'd rather have Reed on one leg covering than Arrington covering (To be fair, it should really ready "covering", because he's usually not even near the guy. Which wouldn't be so bad if Gregory weren't busy blowing coverages and leaving his CBs out to dry) anyone these days, and I'm as big an Arrington apologist as there is.

We already have 1 ceremonial graybeard S on the shelf (Adrian Wilson); we don't need another one.
You have a serious issue developing with the absence of Mayo and Wilfork. The middle is soft as tissue paper, and every team knows it. Patriots have to drop a safety into the box to stop the run, leaving them vulnerable to the pass.

Which, has been made blatantly apparent the last couple of weeks. Thankfully, there's a pass rush to cover some of that these days; but they're giving up 3rd and 8+ again with alarming regularity. I thought those days were behind us.

I'm not (and haven't been) saying bring Ed Reed here to start. He comes in on 2nd and 25, 3rd and 18 so, you know, they don't get torched on it because Gregory decides to cover the wrong guy or whatever.

Back