Poll: Predict Tom Brady's Future

What lies in Tom Brady's future as a QB?

• He'll be back to play for the Pats next year.

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • He'll play QB for another team as yet undetermined.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • He's done with this part of his career and will retire.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He'll never voluntarily retire until forced to by injury or other force beyond his control

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other: If you select this option, you have to say WHAT it will be.

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
How many teams keep 4 qbs on their roster?

How many QB's get picked in the 6th round and earn their way to starter in a year? You can thank Dick Rehbein for why Brady was there. Brady was an afterthought to belichick when he was picked. I am not saying BB is not the best ever, or that there is some contest of who did what or that if Brady left BB would fall, thats stupid, but nobody gave anyone anything.

How many QB's get picked in the 6th round and earn their way to starter in a year? You can thank Dick Rehbein for why Brady was there. Brady was an afterthought to belichick when he was picked. I am not saying BB is not the best ever, or that there is some contest of who did what or that if Brady left BB would fall, thats stupid, but nobody gave anyone anything.

I'm aware of the history. 4 qbs...only BB.

Kraft already made his choice when he allowed Brady's contact to expire and promised no franchise tag.

Brady has until March 17 to sign an extension with the Patriots. If he doesn’t, he’ll become a free agent and could end up joining another team. Brady would be paid $23 million in 2019, $30 million in 2020, and $32 million in 2021.

Kraft is currently awaiting for Brady to sign his extension by March 17 unless their contractual stipulations will be changed. It will be real interesting to see what happens on or before March 17, 2020...….

It was before you were banned...

Games. Simple answer.

Oh he will win games, well god I hope so, didnt see him going 0-16, and nope that is not my name, sorry. Is this what you do when you have someone disagree with you on something? I have never said BB is shit, thats those other two, he is the best coach of all time, but he is a coach, and he should not be compared to a player, because they do nothing alike. BB does not throw passes nor take hits and Brady does not pick players, make decisions, design gameplans, etc. Sorry.

Oh he will win games, well god I hope so, didnt see him going 0-16, and nope that is not my name, sorry. Is this what you do when you have someone disagree with you on something? I have never said BB is shit, thats those other two, he is the best coach of all time, but he is a coach, and he should not be compared to a player, because they do nothing alike. BB does not throw passes nor take hits and Brady does not pick players, make decisions, design gameplans, etc. Sorry.

He picks his favorites...Edelman. Gronk. Welker. Moss. White. Branch. Dola.

Kraft already made his choice when he allowed Brady's contact to expire and promised no franchise tag.

Meaning he'd prefer to see Brady head on out?

My concern if Brady does leave is who the hell will quarterback this team next year? Even if they draft some boy wonder (and how does that so often work out), kid would need at least a year before he could play at a good pro level. Hoyer? :facepalm: I'd rather have Brady stay and play at his lower than historical standard for at least another year (as he did this year) while they try to find someone decent and bring him up to speed. As to whether Brady is even interested in sticking around or wants to check out greener pastures while he's still got some tread on the tires, especially if McD leaves too, remains to be seen.

All imponderables. All I know is, I'm not watching the playoffs this weekend.
:coffee:

Meaning he'd prefer to see Brady head on out?

My concern if Brady does leave is who the hell will quarterback this team next year? Even if they draft some boy wonder (and how does that so often work out), kid would need at least a year before he could play at a good pro level. Hoyer? :facepalm: I'd rather have Brady stay and play at his lower than historical standard for at least another year (as he did this year) while they try to find someone decent and bring him up to speed. As to whether Brady is even interested in sticking around or wants to check out greener pastures while he's still got some tread on the tires, especially if McD leaves too, remains to be seen.

All imponderables. All I know is, I'm not watching the playoffs this weekend.

:coffee:

Some dew with the name of Studham...

And the playoffs were mostly good, sans the Tejans meltdown.

Maybe BB wants the franchise to himself without the legacy of Brady for a few years just to show the world that he IS the reason the franchise has been successful. If he were to get back the the AFCCG with Stidham what would people then say about Brady.
No doubt Brady was great but was he THE reason for the success. Brady would have been a bust in Cleveland, right.

Do you think before you post, or do you just anticipate the echo?

Brady has until March 17 to sign an extension with the Patriots. If he doesn’t, he’ll become a free agent and could end up joining another team. Brady would be paid $23 million in 2019, $30 million in 2020, and $32 million in 2021.

Kraft is currently awaiting for Brady to sign his extension by March 17 unless their contractual stipulations will be changed. It will be real interesting to see what happens on or before March 17, 2020...….

Huh? No extension has been offered by the Patriots.

It's not simply a matter of TB having "until March 17 to sign an extension with the Patriots". The decision to sign isn't his alone. No extension exists.

The current contract is automatically voided after this league year ends at 4PM, March 18. No way the Pats would agree to $30M for 2020. The Pats do have exclusive negotiating rights until legal tampering begins at midnight, March 16. All parties know the deal signed in August (with voiding years for cap purposes) is kaput. There's no extension on the table for Brady to sign. He needs a brand new contract.

Huh? No extension has been offered by the Patriots.

It's not simply a matter of TB having "until March 17 to sign an extension with the Patriots". The decision to sign isn't his alone. No extension exists.

The current contract is automatically voided after this league year ends at 4PM, March 18. No way the Pats would agree to $30M for 2020. The Pats do have exclusive negotiating rights until legal tampering begins at midnight, March 16. All parties know the deal signed in August (with voiding years for cap purposes) is kaput. There's no extension on the table for Brady to sign. He needs a brand new contract.

Correct. When the new deal was first reported, it looked on the surface that he would be here through 2021. But the last 2 years are for salary cap purposes only, they're fake. Neither side can do anything about it. He needs a new contract with the Pats or any other team.

The fact is that Kraft approved this deal, likely with Belichick telling him that the team needs to start moving on. It's true that Kraft could panic and throw a mega contract at Brady, but I don't believe that Big Kraft is completely in charge anymore and that Little Kraft has more control of the day to day operations and he's less likely to be sentimental.

Back