Poll: Predict Tom Brady's Future

What lies in Tom Brady's future as a QB?

• He'll be back to play for the Pats next year.

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • He'll play QB for another team as yet undetermined.

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • He's done with this part of his career and will retire.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He'll never voluntarily retire until forced to by injury or other force beyond his control

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other: If you select this option, you have to say WHAT it will be.

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters
BB made Cleveland a contender that beat the Pats in teh playoffs until the owner screwed him over announcing the move - that team went to Baltimore and won.

BB is a great coach, the best ever who was smart enough to keep teh kid on teh field over the high priced veteran.

Now Tom just so happened to develop into the GOAT but that was under the guidance of BB.

Nice to see all the support Tom has received on his IG post. From Venus Williams, P Diddy, Jalan Ramsey, Troy Aikman, The Rock, Keenan Allen and so many more all telling him to keep going and he's the Goat.

Heart: He signs elsewhere
Head: Kraft will screw up the future to make sure he stays here for the next five years, ultimately costing them Bill Belichick

Who drafted Brady? Brady?

BB drafted Brady as his 199th pick in that draft and we call that a rough and slough draft pick. And this is irrelevant to BB/TFB current relationship. BB could have given a shit whether Brady worked out or not with the exception that Bledsoe was injured and he had no choice but to put in TFB. BB treated TFB this season very badly by not fixing the OLINE adequately like he could have done. Friggan DISGRACE, imho !!

TFB has worked harder than any QB in the past 20 years to become the best of the best. Abd I am talking before, after, and even during season for his 1st 10 years and actually until his throwing coach. We will see what happens this season because something has to stop TFB from getting smashed up every single game, We shall see soon !!! :coffee:

BB made Cleveland a contender that beat the Pats in teh playoffs until the owner screwed him over announcing the move - that team went to Baltimore and won.

BB is a great coach, the best ever who was smart enough to keep teh kid on teh field over the high priced veteran.

Now Tom just so happened to develop into the GOAT but that was under the guidance of BB.

This

BB drafted Brady as his 199th pick in that draft and we call that a rough and slough draft pick. And this is irrelevant to BB/TFB current relationship. BB could have given a shit whether Brady worked out or not with the exception that Bledsoe was injured and he had no choice but to put in TFB. BB treated TFB this season very badly by not fixing the OLINE adequately like he could have done. Friggan DISGRACE, imho !!

TFB has worked harder than any QB in the past 20 years to become the best of the best. Abd I am talking before, after, and even during season for his 1st 10 years and actually until his throwing coach. We will see what happens this season because something has to stop TFB from getting smashed up every single game, We shall see soon !!! :coffee:

How was BB supposed to fix it? He couldn't predict that he'd lose his left, center AND 2 fullbacks after the season started. He's good but not that good. Plus, by the time Gronk decided to announce his retirement at the end of March (2 weeks AFTER free agency started) any decent tight end was pretty much gone, and it's not like there are decent O Lineman just sitting on their couches waiting for a call. I just don't get the hate on BB for not fixing something when there were no 'parts' just lying around to fix it. Has he made some questionable decisions? Yes, but every year, those happen. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't. All part of building the team.

We'll see what the next few months bring. I think there will be some big surprises along the way but I have been and will always be a fan of this team no matter what. :)

They went into the season with absolutely no depth and relying on an unproven LT who is drastically undersized and had only played a few NFL games. It was clear all summer that Oline depth was a major problem. Brady, through his reasonable contracts and stellar play has been covering up bad personnel decisions for years. BB think he can beat anyone through his football IQ, but at a certain point you need some athletes. Without Brady BB won’t be doing much of anything. I love the Pats, but I’ve been sick of Belichick for years.

They went into the season with absolutely no depth and relying on an unproven LT who is drastically undersized and had only played a few NFL games. It was clear all summer that Oline depth was a major problem. Brady, through his reasonable contracts and stellar play has been covering up bad personnel decisions for years. BB think he can beat anyone through his football IQ, but at a certain point you need some athletes. Without Brady BB won’t be doing much of anything. I love the Pats, but I’ve been sick of Belichick for years.
Matt Light was a rookie LT.

Brown was a JAG in San Fran and a RT in Oakland

BB has often Gambled if Dante says the guy can do the job.

He signed a guy who decided to retire. He also traded for OTs Korey Cunningham and Eluemenor then signed Marshall Newhouse all for the OLine. Wynn had shown he was a good OT and he wasn't injured til the 2nd game of the season. Andrews had his issue Aug. 26. WTF was BB supposed to do? The season had started! It's not as if he nothing.

Not sure one winning season is a contender, but then my expectations have been off the charts. That team that won in baltimore was not anything Bill drafted. BB is a great coach, and the best ever, and Brady is the one that did the work to get where he is today. Again, he had one shot when he came on the field. Only 1, he was not a first rounder, he didnt have a long leash. If he messed up, he was not coming back. He took advantage of that. He threw the passes, he took the hits, he had the poise. Sorry but I give BB a ton of credit for things, but not because he lucked into Brady in the 6th round. A blind dog could have seen the team was responding better under Brady at that point.

---------- Post added at 05:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

He signed a guy who decided to retire. He also traded for OTs Korey Cunningham and Eluemenor then signed Marshall Newhouse all for the OLine. Wynn had shown he was a good OT and he wasn't injured til the 2nd game of the season. Andrews had his issue Aug. 26. WTF was BB supposed to do? The season had started! It's not as if he nothing.

Wynn was out the entire year prior though. Wynn was not injury prone in college, so I cannot blame anyone for that one. Honestly The oline was in no way BB's fault....now receiver and TE.....I plead the 5th of gin

So I can only read into what you are saying in this post that the Pats player operations, FA & Draft player scouting, the entire coaching staff, etc. all suck badly this season. We both know the answer to that and all these Pats player personal could have fixed this by real-time direct trades, future draft pick trades, or doing special FA player working outs to find a way for a decent OLine with adequate depth to avoid TFB from getting smashed up every single game. If BB is such a good HC, then he should have had some, ANY means to fix that situation of TFB getting punished EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE 17 FRIGGAN GAMES!

Anyone who watched all 17 of this season's games in their entirety and saw TFB getting punished, forced quick throws, etc., even on his last play of some of the games and doesn't think BB should have fixed this must not care too much for the GOAT. TFB has worked his balls off, given up his money, helped guide newer or troubled player(s), develop many, been a role model for every Mom I know, allot of which I cannot say about BB. Yes, BB is one of the greatest HCs ever based on his records mostly with TFB. One thing that some people may not be able to understand is that BB will NEVER be the coach's coach that Vince Lombardi was and therefore, the SB Trophy will always be the Lombardi!

I am sorry to have to say this. but the only way this parting of the ways can happen "IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE PAT'S TEAM", is for BB to go and TFB stays. This will allow that magical question to finally be answered if both BB & TFB, or just BB or just TFB. I do not even think with or without McD makes any difference to TFB for TFB is already a player coach anyways calling some of the plays, too.

It will not be too much longer to wait before we know and if BB goes, I hope BB takes Stevie with him if he does. Anyone who has not recognized what Flores left over for this season's D and how it went to shit under Stevie with twists from BB and/or MAYOnaise had a myopic view. We'll see soon enough...…..

He signed a guy who decided to retire.

Funny, I swear that I seen him play as the RT Sunday afternoon/evening... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

So I can only read into what you are saying in this post that the Pats player operations, FA & Draft player scouting, the entire coaching staff, etc. all suck badly this season. We both know the answer to that and all these Pats player personal could have fixed this by real-time direct trades, future draft pick trades, or doing special FA player working outs to find a way for a decent OLine with adequate depth to avoid TFB from getting smashed up every single game. If BB is such a good HC, then he should have had some, ANY means to fix that situation of TFB getting punished EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE 17 FRIGGAN GAMES!

Anyone who watched all 17 of this season's games in their entirety and saw TFB getting punished, forced quick throws, etc., even on his last play of some of the games and doesn't think BB should have fixed this must not care too much for the GOAT. TFB has worked his balls off, given up his money, helped guide newer or troubled player(s), develop many, been a role model for every Mom I know, allot of which I cannot say about BB. Yes, BB is one of the greatest HCs ever based on his records mostly with TFB. One thing that some people may not be able to understand is that BB will NEVER be the coach's coach that Vince Lombardi was and therefore, the SB Trophy will always be the Lombardi!

I am sorry to have to say this. but the only way this parting of the ways can happen "IN THE BEST INTERESTS OF THE PAT'S TEAM", is for BB to go and TFB stays. This will allow that magical question to finally be answered if both BB & TFB, or just BB or just TFB. I do not even think with or without McD makes any difference to TFB for TFB is already a player coach anyways calling some of the plays, too.

It will not be too much longer to wait before we know and if BB goes, I hope BB takes Stevie with him if he does. Anyone who has not recognized what Flores left over for this season's D and how it went to shit under Stevie with twists from BB and/or MAYOnaise had a myopic view. We'll see soon enough...…..

BB drafted Froholt and Cajuste...both were IR'd. Not much BB could do about that.

BUT, he DID fuck up the TE and WR positions. I will agree about that.

So tiresome.

Not sure one winning season is a contender, but then my expectations have been off the charts. That team that won in baltimore was not anything Bill drafted. BB is a great coach, and the best ever, and Brady is the one that did the work to get where he is today. Again, he had one shot when he came on the field. Only 1, he was not a first rounder, he didnt have a long leash. If he messed up, he was not coming back. He took advantage of that. He threw the passes, he took the hits, he had the poise. Sorry but I give BB a ton of credit for things, but not because he lucked into Brady in the 6th round. A blind dog could have seen the team was responding better under Brady at that point.
That team won (3-1)until it was announced they were moving and the team quit on the owner who sold them out finishing 5-11.

I was in Cleveland for teh last game and Testaverde, Modell and Belichick were burning in effigy all over the city. I mean street lights had a noose hung doll on flames that said BB on it.

IF Modell never messes up teh BB era, you have a lot of teh Baltimore front office with guys like Ernie Adams as OC, Saban as DC, Jim Schwartz (College/Pro Scout), Woody Widenhofer (LB Coach), Kirk Ferentz (OL Coach),with al Grohl, jim bates, romeo, mangini, Lombardi in the coaching tree too

add in BB's scouting to pick Ogden and lewis in the 1st round in Baltimore in 1996 and that team was built by BB and his staff, Ozzie was on BB's Cleveland staff before becomeing the GM in Baltimore.

so while I admit Tom is teh GOAT, you can not say it is because the GOAT of Coaching found him and developed Tom into the QB he is by putting him in the perfect system for him as he grew and developed. That same system is now, IMO, a hindrance because Tom is too knowledgeable of it and complacent, expecting everyone else to have equal understanding instantly.

The Pats' OLine was one of the top OLines in the NFL without Wynn and Andrews per PFF.

https://patriotswire.usatoday.com/2...sive-line-ranked-in-top-10-after-eight-weeks/

New England Patriots offensive line coach Dante Scarnecchia isn’t satisfied with his unit after eight weeks.

But, this hyper-critical thinking is coming from the team that is currently undefeated at the halfway point of this season. There will always be room for improvement in New England, and that’s why the franchise has been so successful.

Pro Football Focus doesn’t think so negatively of the offensive line, and they ranked them as the No. 9 unit in the NFL through eight weeks.
The Patriots are one of 11 NFL teams with four starting offensive linemen ranked inside the top-60 in run-blocking grade through Week 8. Ted Karras and Joe Thuney have both starred along the Pats’ offensive line, earning strong run-blocking grades on the interior. Thuney is the team’s highest-graded offensive linemen with his 73.6 overall grade, 82.8 pass-blocking grade and 64.6 pass-blocking grade.
Marcus Cannon, Karras and Thuney have played exceptionally well with the circumstances that they’ve been dealt. Wynn is eligible to return to practice now and the Patriots will be allowed to activate him to the 53-man roster after Week 11. The Patriots will return their starting left tackle before the postseason and the offensive line will improve by leaps and bounds.
============================
Expectations were that the OL would improve when Wynn came back. The article doesn't even mention Shaq Mason's or Marcus Cannon's injuries. Looks like BB had a pretty good feel for the OL despite all the man-games lost to injury.

Criticism for the WR group has some validity, and even there BB tried, but doubling down against the GOAT coach for his management of the OL and defense, tops in pts against for 2019, is being stubborn.

Funny, I swear that I seen him play as the RT Sunday afternoon/evening... :coffee:

---------- Post added at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

BB drafted Froholt and Cajuste...both were IR'd. Not much BB could do about that.

BUT, he DID fuck up the TE and WR positions. I will agree about that.

Yes he was but Veldheer announced his retirement 1 week after the Pats signed him. Then around Thanksgiving he told the Pats he'd like to play again so he was released.

Criticism for the WR group has some validity, and even there BB tried, but doubling down against the GOAT coach for his management of the OL and defense, tops in pts against for 2019, is being stubborn.

Stubborn is a kind word to use.

We'll see who's who real soon. Stats wise BB has more records with and without Brady than almost all NFL coaches. And I suppose you and others want the name of the SB trophy changed, too.

I really don't know why sports reporters take much of BB horseshit during pressers -not answering questions accurately or at all, ragging on reporters, whining, walking out, it's not even worth while to watch it anymore. He gets paid 10M / year as Pats HC and he gets away with murder living up to that contract and Kraft does not hold him to ANY of it.

This season proved to me that BB could care less for TFB and TFB should reciprocate, accordingly by going to Kraft and have him make his choice who he wants to keep. I think MANY of you would be shocked by Kraft's final decision. It won't be long now and we'll all know what TFB decides to do. :coffee:

Clearly you don’t know BB. At all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back