PP's Annual "He's Released, We Should Sign Him" Thread

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
Or not sign him. But I always think it's hilarious that everyone thinks we should sign this one or that one. We could have a 150-man roster.

Jahri Evans has been released. A little long in the tooth but has some gas left.

So I saw the Eagles released Riley Cooper. We could use another White Receiver right?

So I saw the Eagles released Riley Cooper. We could use another White Receiver right?

But he's not a short white receiver. We only sign short white WRs, so he's not eligible.

:shrug_n:

If the Bronco's release Manning, the Patriots' should pick him up since he is "the best ever" according to his fans..... (hopefully my sarcasm shows through here without having to read this).

Of course...he would be a good fit.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

If the Bronco's release Manning, the Patriots' should pick him up since he is "the best ever" according to his fans..... (hopefully my sarcasm shows through here without having to read this).

Colts need a backup...right?

I've seen Mario Williams mentioned, Matt Forte and there will be many others to come.

I've seen Mario Williams mentioned, Matt Forte and there will be many others to come.

Matt Forte said yesterday that it's not about the money anymore; it's about winning championships. Encouraging.

No to Williams.

Yes to Matt Forte. He's old, but a perfect fit to be a rotational any-down guy. He'll need a large pay cut to play here. He has always been a Patriot-in-waiting, so let's get him.

No to Mario Williams. He's a good player but not even close to being worth what he's made over the last couple of seasons and DE shouldn't be a major priority.

Jahri Evans was one of the best guards in football 3 years ago, but he got big money and his play declined. I'm totally fine with Jackson and Mason at guard next year, assuming they both work their asses off to get better. I'd be on the lookout for an OT and think it is one of our most pressing needs.

I'd take either Ryan Harris of Denver or Bobby Massie of Arizona, preferably Harris. Both are listed as UFAs and had a 2015 cap hit in the 1.4M range.

Fvck Riley Cooper. I'd be in favor of cutting LaFellDown and upgrading the position, but not for Cooper. I'd look at Marvin Jones or Mohamed Sanu of Cincy. Neither figures to break the cap and both are good players.

Who are the WR's that might be available? Anyone fall out of favor with their teams. WR's are a little nutty like that. Brandon Marshall would have been worth 1 or 2 more wins this year.

Matt Forte.. oh that would be good. Although he's actually a FA as opposed to released?
That guy is a baller.

Patriots trade a 4th round pick to the Lions for CJ.:coffee:

M ----------[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

Colts need a backup...right?

For Vet minimum and with the information right out there that he would would not be starting and would be there for a "coach/player" role to help Luck on things and if needed, playing, why not. Of course, that isn't Mannings way so that would never happen.

Anyone who comes to the Pats will be most likely on modest deals...no one that wants to get paid will ever sign in NE.

But he's not a short white receiver. We only sign short white WRs, so he's not eligible.

:shrug_n:

Plus, Riley Cooper is injured too much & did nothing when he was healthy. NO.

Yes to Matt Forte. He's old, but a perfect fit to be a rotational any-down guy. He'll need a large pay cut to play here. He has always been a Patriot-in-waiting, so let's get him.

I'd be on the lookout for an OT and think it is one of our most pressing needs.

Fvck Riley Cooper. I'd be in favor of cutting LaFellDown and upgrading the position, but not for Cooper. I'd look at Marvin Jones or Mohamed Sanu of Cincy. Neither figures to break the cap and both are good players.

Forte is just the kind of veteran RB BB has coveted in the past.

A young drafted OT to develop makes a lot of sense since Vollmer is up there in age. A veteran OT could make sense depending on what BB does with Cannon.

Either Marvin Jones or Mohamed Sanu would be upgrades over LaFell or Dobson and either would create competition for Keshawn Martin and Tyms. Sanu has the Rutgers pedigree. Problem solved in my mind.

Always been a fan of Forte and he's a perfect fit. Him and Lewis in the backfield is easily the best RB group we've fielded in years.

Don't know anything about Forte, how is his ball security?

Don't know anything about Forte, how is his ball security?

Kinda bad at first, but averages about 2 fumbles per season since 2010. Since that time he's averaged about 300 touches (rush, rec) per season. 2014 he had 368 touches (1850 total yards) and only 2 fumbles.

Forte and Sanu would be perfect IMO.

And if Scar does in fact return, all they would need is depth at OT, and they can still get that through the draft, even without a 1st rounder.

Back