Preseason Game 2 - Pats vs Eagles Aug. 19, Thurs. 7:30PM

Evidently so. Mazz sure keeps telling us Brady needed to be coddled and left when BB refused to let him run the team. I didn't see it and don't see it with Cam, but whatever.
PFF I believe did a ranking of best value players for their contract. Guess who was number one? Bill sure nailed that one, letting the Goat go and bringing in Cam.

I prefer that BB just creates a niche in where sCam can be amazing at...while NOT become the starting qb. Somewhat like a hybrid Taysom Hill role. Obviously, sCam isn't exactly like Taysom Hill, but, a role in that direction. A hybrid QB/TE/FB/red zone weapon.

Best of both world's.
Cam would be great inside the ten. Bring him in and let him pound the ball. He was virtually unstoppable last year running it in close to the goal line. That's where almost all of his 12 rushing Tds came from.

Cam would be great inside the ten. Bring him in and let him pound the ball. He was virtually unstoppable last year running it in close to the goal line. That's where almost all of his 12 rushing Tds came from.

His ability to run with power is absolutely his best attribute and has been since he started playing.

In the situation you describe or a desperation 4th down and short, I could see him coming out of the bullpen.

Cam might be a be a lot of things, but he is, by far, the best power-running QB in football history and is still effective.

When his game is evaluated by critics his running is often glossed over, but he ran for almost 600 yards and 55 first downs.

No, Cam isn't Taysom Hill, but he could get some snaps and help the team off the bench.

His ability to run with power is absolutely his best attribute and has been since he started playing.

In the situation you describe or a desperation 4th down and short, I could see him coming out of the bullpen.

Cam might be a be a lot of things, but he is, by far, the best power-running QB in football history and is still effective.

When his game is evaluated by critics his running is often glossed over, but he ran for almost 600 yards and 55 first downs.

No, Cam isn't Taysom Hill, but he could get some snaps and help the team off the bench.
I like the way this is worded as a foregone conclusion that he would be coming off the bench.😀

I will never understand why Bill/Josh did not tailor our offense more toward his strengths especially given he was a 2 year QB maybe even 3 years depending on how this season goes. As much as I rant about his game and believe he is washed, our offense does not suit him and never will and that is on the coaching. Look what the Ravens did for Lamar? And if the plan was always to draft a QB like Jones to begin with to run our style of offense than I don't understand why Cam was ever a consideration of being a bridge QB to begin with other than he was cheap and we all know how Bill loves cheap.

I will never understand why Bill/Josh did not tailor our offense more toward his strengths especially given he was a 2 year QB maybe even 3 years depending on how this season goes. As much as I rant about his game and believe he is washed, our offense does not suit him and never will and that is on the coaching. Look what the Ravens did for Lamar? And if the plan was always to draft a QB like Jones to begin with to run our style of offense than I don't understand why Cam was ever a consideration of being a bridge QB to begin with other than he was cheap and we all know how Bill loves cheap.

It has been explained to you time and again, including by me and you just laugh and scoff.

Not a good look if objectivity is your goal.

It has been explained to you time and again, including by me and you just laugh and scoff.

Not a good look if objectivity is your goal.
Please enlighten me if you don't mind.

How is it derailed? We are discussing Cam, our presumed starting QB.

A couple of thoughts on our defense. Our defense is going to struggle mightily against 2 TE teams like the Eagles and even more so without Gilmore as Mills is too slow. I know Gilmore is not 100 percent yet but man, do we really need him. Hurts has been running on us too which makes me think our LBs may be too slow on the edge. Not sure, perhaps someone can share their thoughts if they have seen the practices.

Please enlighten me if you don't mind.
Bill didn't pay your boy. Fact.

Bill is cheap. Not fact.

The above is where you get in trouble every single time.

He simply didn't pay Brady and let Brady walk. That doesn't make every other decision BB makes a bad one no matter how much you want it to.

It just doesn't. You have ZERO objectivity.

Bill didn't pay your boy. Fact.

Bill is cheap. Not fact.

The above is where you get in trouble every single time.

He simply didn't pay Brady and let Brady walk. That doesn't make every other decision BB makes a bad one no matter how much you want it to.

It just doesn't. You have ZERO objectivity.
Forget Brady please. Do you think his signing of Cam not once but twice was being a good GM at the most critical position and has been good for our team?

Forget Brady please. Do you think his signing of Cam not once but twice was being a good GM at the most critical position and has been good for our team?

Yes, for a number of reasons.

That may be the most ironic thing you have ever posted.

Aside from that, yes. Signing Cam was what he needed to do LAST year given the rebuild year that it was (cap, players etc.). Signing him this year as the back up plan QB1 if Mac isn't read also made sense. Who else would GM Mazz have acquired instead and at what cost?

That may be the most ironic thing you have ever posted.

Aside from that, yes. Signing Cam was what he needed to do LAST year given the rebuild year that it was (cap, players etc.). Signing him this year as the back up plan QB1 if Mac isn't read also made sense. Who else would GM Mazz have acquired instead and at what cost?
Are you kidding with the cap nonsense. If money was such an issue, and he knew the team wasn't going to be good, then why the heck did he franchise tag Thuney when he could have let him walked and saved that cap space while collecting a 3rd round comp?

That excuse only makes his decision making last year worse as he should have tanked and had better draft capital had he known his team was that bad.

Back