Questions for Matt Light

abenoit17

Reaction score
A great game from the Pats and what a drive from Brady. Defense looks better and lets hope they can keep that up.

I saw this contest the other day and I figured I would share. EchoStor Technologies is holding a contest through WAAF's Hill-Man Morning Show. You can ask Matt whatever question you would like and if your question is selected it Greg will ask Matt live on air. You will also win an autographed football by Matt Light as well.

To ask Matt a question post it on EchoStor Technologies facebook page. Questions need to be in by Friday and they will be asked on Monday's

Matt, Is your name Mrs Demarcus Ware now?

Matt, Is your name Mrs Demarcus Ware now?

Other than one play it should be the other way around, Light went up against the best passrusher in the league and more than held his own. We fans tend to make fun of him but this guy has been protecting the franchise for over a decade now and we have had some of the best protection in the league over that span. He may not be elite but he gets the job done.

Other than one play it should be the other way around, Light went up against the best passrusher in the league and more than held his own. We fans tend to make fun of him but this guy has been protecting the franchise for over a decade now and we have had some of the best protection in the league over that span. He may not be elite but he gets the job done.

Holding your own is not giving up 2 sacks and 3 Qb pressures. There was one play where I am not even sure he knew he was supposed to block for the pass.

I'm in complete agreement. It should also be noted that on the last game-winning drive, Matt hurt his ankle or knee and was down. Instead of staying down and forfeiting our last timeout, which would have changed the plan, he stayed in and had significant pain. Also, he knew there was no one to come in for him, and had they put in Thomas or whoever else, they would have gotten eaten up by Ware. So he stayed in, limped off the field when the game was over, but did a phenomenal job in pain with awareness of the situation and contained Ware.

I love Matt Light.

Holding your own is not giving up 2 sacks and 3 Qb pressures. There was one play where I am not even sure he knew he was supposed to block for the pass.

In the post game analysis it was mentioned that one of those sacks was on Brady giving himself up in the redzone rather than attempt a bad pass. So really 1 sack and 3 pressure on 41 pass attempts by Brady, so on 90% of pass plays Light did his job and didn't let the best pass rusher in the game touch Brady, that's holding your own.

In the post game analysis it was mentioned that one of those sacks was on Brady giving himself up in the redzone rather than attempt a bad pass. So really 1 sack and 3 pressure on 41 pass attempts by Brady, so on 90% of pass plays Light did his job and didn't let the best pass rusher in the game touch Brady, that's holding your own.

Oh yeah I forgot its always Brady's fault.:coffee:

I would say that Matt didn't have the best game but he was also going up against one of the best if not the best pass rushers in the game. 1 on 1 all day against ware is tough. And he definately had to play through some pain and he did so when it really counted so you have to give him credit for that.

I would say that Matt didn't have the best game but he was also going up against one of the best if not the best pass rushers in the game. 1 on 1 all day against ware is tough. And he definately had to play through some pain and he did so when it really counted so you have to give him credit for that.

I am not sure Matt Light was one on one with anyone. I am sure the pats game planned to have protection slide that way most of the time as they do against good pass rushers. I mean we can say it was fine, but 4 sacks and 8 QB hits is not real good, and lets just say we had some protection problems.

I'm in complete agreement. It should also be noted that on the last game-winning drive, Matt hurt his ankle or knee and was down. Instead of staying down and forfeiting our last timeout, which would have changed the plan, he stayed in and had significant pain. Also, he knew there was no one to come in for him, and had they put in Thomas or whoever else, they would have gotten eaten up by Ware. So he stayed in, limped off the field when the game was over, but did a phenomenal job in pain with awareness of the situation and contained Ware.

I love Matt Light.
Thanks darling...

actually I remember even Big Bruce Armstrong taking a beating from Pats fans yet he was actually pretty good...LT is a love to hate position but his replacement of the future is playing RT because the previous one can't stay healthy you on and on Matt plays.

Light did a great job, imo. Very happy with his performance myself. And, fwiw, more often than not, Light was on Ware 1vs1 on most plays.

With that, let's embark on this week's Two-Minute Drill.
1. Left tackle Matt Light deserves a ton of credit for sticking it out for the final three plays of the Patriots' game-winning drive against the Cowboys. Light hurt his right ankle or knee during Tom Brady's sneak for a first down and writhed in pain for a moment before getting up to rejoin the team.
2. Because the clock was running in the final two minutes, the Patriots would have been charged their final timeout if Light didn't pop back up almost immediately. That could have thrown off the offensive game plan at that point, and a timeout could have also given the Cowboys a minute to collect themselves and rethink their defensive approach.
3. Also, if a timeout was called, Light would have been forced to leave the field for one play, and the Patriots didn't have any backup tackles who were active Sunday. The two reserve lineman, Ryan Wendell and Donald Thomas, are interior players. Cowboys outside linebacker DeMarcus Ware would have had a field day with that matchup.
4. Plus, if Light came off the field, it would have been difficult to get him back on the field if the Patriots couldn't find a way to stop the clock on the ensuing play. At the very least, Light's substitution would have chewed up a few more seconds in that situation.
5. Light had his moments during 25 one-on-one snaps with Ware, who also had a brilliant game against the Patriots. But Light's ability to stick it out after appearing to be in pain -- and Light doesn't hit the ground often, so something was obviously off -- was the most underrated performance of that last-minute touchdown drive.
6. Light didn't practice Tuesday, but I saw him in the locker room prior to the blue-and-white scrimmage. He looked to be OK. I'm guessing it was a precautionary day of rest.
http://www.nesn.com/2011/10/matt-li...ack-drive-and-19-other-patriots-thoughts.html

Mr. Light? Exactly when did you start sucking in pass protection again? I mean, sure, you sucked the first couple of years, then you got pretty good, and now you're a turnstile again. Why is that? How long do you think it will be before a Healthy Vollmer and Solder put you on the bench?

Matt, you face the NFL's best pass rushers week after week.

Are you more intimidated by them or the wrath of midgar when you happen to miss and TFB gets his pants dirty?

Back