Raiders Prepared to offer Brady 60 Million

I waited to see the replies but for me, I just don't see Brady playing for any other team. It just doesn't make logical sense, no matter how much they offer. The Raiders can't afford 30 mill a year, anyway

Brady is not going to Raiders no matter what they are willing to pay. From what we know of Brady he wants a multi-year commitment but he also wants to win a SB. Raiders might give him the former but not the latter. The Raiders are a WC team at best in that division for at least the next couple of years.

That's why I said anything over 20 mill a year. Let him walk. As chevss pointed out. One worst QB in YPC & less then a yard of separation. Let's not forget he will be a 43 year old. Last season proven we need to address the weakness at WR & TE. Is Brady the exception in BB no one is bigger then the team.

When he was “turning receivers into superstars”, he had a stable and good quality OL.

Pretty sure the OL situation played a role in his play in 2019.

Well that and receivers getting separation which the Raiders were way better doing.

Oh and drops....Raiders were 22nd in drops, pats were 3rd. So less drops, better separation...

That's why I said anything over 20 mill a year. Let him walk. As chevss pointed out. One worst QB in YPC & less then a yard of separation. Let's not forget he will be a 43 year old. Last season proven we need to address the weakness at WR & TE. Is Brady the exception in BB no one is bigger then the team.

Not sure YPC is always on the QB. You have to have actual time and receivers getting open to make that go up. Brady might be the exemption that he is the best option for the team to win.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:29 PM ----------

Also, who's to say Brady would improve the Raiders over Carr? It sounds great from a romantic football standpoint, but Brady himself struggled in 2019 when also lacking receiving weapons, like Carr. That hints at an aging Brady no longer being able to turn receivers into superstars, and instead needed superstars already present on the roster or -- at minimum -- on the way, but that same logic could be used as an argument to retain Carr. Interestingly enough, and to that point, some futures simulations have the Raiders as better with Carr instead of Brady, per SportsLine. So while adding Brady might make them better, it also might not.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...-is-the-biggest-domino-of-the-2020-qb-market/

These are based on stats which were in large part do to what was on the team. Hard to make that comparison. Raiders were better in receiver separation, pass blocking, and drops.

Edelman being the only consistent ( none RB) Pass catcher .Harry only played in a few games. Sanu besides Ravens game. Never got comfortable in offense . Are TEs couldn't block worth shit. A joke in the Passing game .

Edelman being the only consistent ( none RB) Pass catcher .Harry only played in a few games. Sanu besides Ravens game. Never got comfortable in offense .

Edelman was the only consistent receiver to get open, and even he was 101st in separation. The receivers looked like they were running in slow motion last year. Bad coverage teams were covering them like blankets. If you have receivers that cannot get open, you better have a lot of time in the pocket, and we really didnt have that either.

Report: Raiders prepared to offer Tom Brady two-year, $60 million deal - Full Story

We have an actual dollar figure attached to the swirling rumors of various Tom Brady free agency landing spots.

The Brady-to-Las Vegas speculation has been out there since TB12 was spotted chatting up Raiders owner Marc Davis at the Connor McGregor-Cowboy Cerrone fight in Vegas last month. Now, veteran NFL reporter Larry Fitzgerald Sr. (father of the Arizona Cardinals wide receiver) reports that Davis' Raiders are prepared to offer TB12 a two-year, $60 million deal.

It's interesting to note that Larry Fitzgerald Jr., like Brady, is a long-time interviewee of Jim Gray on Westwood One's broadcasts of Monday and Thursday night NFL games.

So given the fact that only the Patriots can actually negotiate with Brady up until 3-18, wouldn't this be considered tampering? And what does this convey to Derek Carr?

---------- Post added at 07:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Edelman was the only consistent receiver to get open, and even he was 101st in separation. The receivers looked like they were running in slow motion last year. Bad coverage teams were covering them like blankets. If you have receivers that cannot get open, you better have a lot of time in the pocket, and we really didnt have that either.

We couldn't run either and if no one fears your running game, then why try and stop it? Our biggest threat has been the passing game for years. McCDaniels is also predictable in his play calling. It's not all on the receivers, I think it starts at the OL and works it's way back. Brady doesn't crap ice cream either, we're looking to pin point one area of fault, but the truth is, nothing about our offense was dynamic.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 PM ----------

So he’s going to leave Bill & Bob to join these douchewaffles?

View attachment 103703

Mark Davis looks like microwaved Jon Gruden leftovers..lol

Raiders would be dumb to do that. Far too much money for a washed up qb.

I don't think he's washed up by any stretch. But I also think he wears out in week 10 or 11. At 43, I would expect that to happen. Hell I get out of breath thinking about running up a flight of stairs and I'm 45..lol

Washed up Qb? lol go worry about Baker Mayfield or something

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

I don't think he's washed up by any stretch. But I also think he wears out in week 10 or 11. At 43, I would expect that to happen. Hell I get out of breath thinking about running up a flight of stairs and I'm 45..lol

He is in better shape than we are.

He is not washed up. Reports I read said he was dealing with a elbow injury. That could explain why is timing & passes were high. As I pointed out besides White & Edelman. He didn't have any productive options.

He is not washed up. Reports I read said he was dealing with a elbow injury. That could explain why is timing & passes were high. As I pointed out besides White & Edelman. He didn't have any productive options.

I hope the elbow was more of a problem than we were led to believe.

Those making the decisions know.

Was throwing off his back foot even with a clean pocket down the stretch on anyone else but TFB? Something was wrong with his footwork/mechanics later on in the season. Was that the elbow, your guess is as good as mine. He has had that problem before and had his old coach (RIP) giving him tips on fixing his mechanics. I think when he passed away, he left some videotapes for TFB if he had trouble in the future. It may be time to review them with his new qb guru.

They'd do it to sell tickets to fill up that brand new $1.9 BILLION Mothership.

1-18-2019-11-38-25-PM.jpg

Does anyone actually believe Gisele would move to the shithole of Las Vegas? Pretty sure she's going to tell Tom there's no fucking way she's living in that complete dump of a city.

Selling tickets to fill up that big new stadium is a must. They have to have someone big to draw in the crowds.
destination for visiting team fans. Plus teh black hole crowd will pddle hop on over for the game - they went to LA.

It's way more than that. The 2019 Patriots' OL performed better than people think. Through 8 weeks of the season our OL was ranked top 2-3 in pass protection and ended up ranked 5th best in the league.
I tihnk Tom tossed away a lot of footballs to make teh oline look better. The eye test- still the best scouting tool around, tells me they were very pourous at times, it was only when Wynn returned and both Cannon and Mason had a week to recover did the line improve.

all those rankings mean diddly and are opinion based. IF the OLine ranks well then the problem is 42 year old QB - it is a belittle Tom mentality the media carries.

It's way more than that. The 2019 Patriots' OL performed better than people think. Through 8 weeks of the season our OL was ranked top 2-3 in pass protection and ended up ranked 5th best in the league.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/nfl/offensive-line/2019
https://www.boston.com/sports/new-england-patriots/2019/11/19/tom-brady-no-longer-elite-quarterback

Cmon Chev.

The beginning of the season was a total outlier. They played nobody’s and the record was a hollow 10-0. The Boogeymen were the greatest D in history. How’d that end. I know you don’t control the schedule, but the schedule can hide some major weaknesses as well. That OLine was not very good at all.

Back