Random Football News - 2024

I have awful feeling that he will end up signing with the Pats.
he said he'd take league minimum! bronco's have an offset on whatever next team pays him, so good for Russ to stick it to the donkey's for as much $ as possible :coffee:

(no, I don't want him, just mentioning the offset thing)

I hope to god he doesn't sign here, he's nothing more than a rental at this point at 35 years old.

I mean, if you're drafting a QB, Russell Wilson is kind of the perfect bridge QB rental.
Maybe. But he didn't just have a down year last year, over the past 2 seasons he's the 25th best QB in football. That's not an anomaly, that's a trend. If everyone knows he's a bridge, fine. But there should be zero expectation on catching lightening in a bottle and making a playoff run if they bring him in.

I don't see why the Patriots wouldn't sign him as a bridge QB if he comes for cheap money?
The bigger question is why would he want to jump into this dumpster fire? :ROFLMAO:

Hmmmm.......interesting.....

Give me Harrison, Barkley with a QB like Mayfield throwing and we're golden.

Barkley wants big money which is why the Giants are letting him test FA. The RB position is easy enough to fill in the draft. Teams don't pay big money to RBs these days.
Mayfield is re-signing with the Bucs.

Barkley wants big money which is why the Giants are letting him test FA. The RB position is easy enough to fill in the draft. Teams don't pay big money to RBs these days.
Mayfield is re-signing with the Bucs.
Says who, there is nothing out there saying he is re-signing with TB that I have seen. He's the #31 ranked free agent on the NFL website and it's showing him as still available.

I mean, if you're drafting a QB, Russell Wilson is kind of the perfect bridge QB rental.
He's a gun slinger and we don't have the wr's built for that plus he's not as fast and elusive as he use to be either.

Says who, there is nothing out there saying he is re-signing with TB that I have seen. He's the #31 ranked free agent on the NFL website and it's showing him as still available.

It was talked about all day on NFL SiriusXM radio channel 88.

The only reason the Bucs wouldn't sign him is if he demands exorbitant money

Hmmmm.......interesting.....

Give me Harrison, Barkley with a QB like Mayfield throwing and we're golden.
I wouldn't give Barkley anything more than a one-year, short money contract. Both of his ankles have been injured multiple times, and are held together by chicken wire - and that's before you get to his Fragile Freddy Knee history. TBH - I wouldn't touch him at all.

It was talked about all day on NFL SiriusXM radio channel 88.

The only reason the Bucs wouldn't sign him is if he demands exorbitant money
Apparently 'exorbitant' means 40 mil AAV....which isn't actually exorbitant.

I wouldn't give Barkley anything more than a one-year, short money contract. Both of his ankles have been injured multiple times, and are held together by chicken wire - and that's before you get to his Fragile Freddy Knee history. TBH - I wouldn't touch him at all.
So you're saying typical Penn St. rb

Back