Random Football News - 2024

Jonnu Smith to Miami for 2 years, $10 million.

I'm thinking Mac's problem is not being a quarterback but rolling with the punches. I do think he was done dirty in his second season but can you imagine Brady in his situation? He would have tried HARDER to make chicken salad outta...😝.

Some people can't overcome obstacles. Some eventually do while others can never quite mentally clear the hurdle. Maybe Mac will one day, but I don't see a Super Bowl great at this stage of his career, 49ers or not.

Great post. You're exactly correct.

I seriously doubt that Bill went any easier on Mac than he did anybody else and I've come to believe Jones was
thin-skinned about it and decided to back stairs it to the point that he complained to management and others that his
feelings were hurt and the big, mean Coach was picking on him.

You think about all the great players that responded to hard coaching for Bill and his assistants to play their absolute best and I'm
willing to bet that Bill started having his doubts about Jones well before we did. He didn't have the right stuff to be our leader and
broke under the same kind of pressure that others were able to handle.

I seriously doubt that Bill went any easier on Mac than he did anybody else and I've come to believe Jones was
thin-skinned about it and decided to back stairs it to the point that he complained to management and others that his

You think about all the great players that responded to hard coaching for Bill and his assistants to play their absolute best and I'm
willing to bet that Bill started having his doubts about Jones well before we did. He didn't have the right stuff to be our leader and
IMO, it was unprecedented what Bill did to Jones in 2022. To switch the offense after Jones thrived his rookie year and bring in Patricia to run it is a complete and total brain fart. He lost Jones that season ...

You usually don't succumb to guessing.

IMO, it was unprecedented what Bill did to Jones in 2022. To switch the offense after Jones thrived his rookie year and bring in Patricia to run it is a complete and total brain fart. He lost Jones that season ...

Well, I'm sure Mac will soon move on to greener pastures and then we'll see whether it was Bill that broke him or he just didn't
have the right stuff for the NFL. I know which one I believe is closer to reality.

Assuming he ever gets another shot at a starting job, then please feel free to remind me how great he is doing without the world's worst
coach and human being triggering him.

I'm not too worried about the chances of him ever accomplishing anything notable in this league, but it won't matter because you'll be able to
point out how Bill screwed him up permanently by not giving him a safe space with ideal conditions in which he could flourish. Or something
equally ridiculous.

Well, I'm sure Mac will soon move on to greener pastures and then we'll see whether it was Bill that broke him or he just didn't
have the right stuff for the NFL. I know which one I believe is closer to reality.

Assuming he ever gets another shot at a starting job, then please feel free to remind me how great he is doing without the world's worst

I'm not too worried about the chances of him ever accomplishing anything notable in this league, but it won't matter because you'll be able to
point out how Bill screwed him up permanently by not giving him a safe space with ideal conditions in which he could flourish. Or something
equally ridiculous.
Two things can be true. Bill did ruin him here and he may not be a starting caliber QB. I would be willing to wager though that wherever he does end up, he won't have a DC running his offense ...

equally ridiculous.

I am pretty sure I will not have to remind you or any other person on here of what happens with his career from here on out. If he fails, I will hear about it and I will acknowledge I was wrong. If he succeeds, you will all come around and fall on your swords.

LOL. Some will and most others will not.

The facts will obvious but there will still be deniers.

Not me.

heard on nfl sirius while driving home tonight that the rooneys are getting antsy about 7 yrs with 0 playoff wins.
hence,the wilson stuff.

Oh my god, they're running it back with 2021 Roethlisberger. The shorter, less-fat, less-rapey version, but otherwise, the same. Checkdowns and bombs only.

Wilson is better than what they have but age and lack of mobility are a problem. Short term answer who will only win enough games to keep Pittsburgh out
of the running for a better QB draftee for next year (and he may help Tomlin stay on ownership's good side temporarily).

Last edited:
The Saints announced they will be releasing WR Michael Thomas soon. Just say no, Eliot. Thomas was always on the slow side and now he's 31 yrs old. 400 yds and 1 TD last year.

Not me. I'm a person that will hold some grudges in special cases and I'm not afraid to admit it. I haven't taken anything
Mark Schlereth has said seriously since I saw him on national TV blubbering like a baby over the topic of squishy footballs. I wish I
could just forgive and forget, but here we are and I can't.

I mean......his soul was shattered at the level of depravity the Patriots had sunk to. We had destroyed the game of football, which he loved
above all things. We had desecrated the sanctity and purity of NFL football -- which was the foundation of all that is good in humanity
and civilization itself was in deep, deep trouble. Squishy. Footballs. And the entire thing was a sham orchestrated to satiate a
bunch of greedy billionaires who couldn't compete with us on the level.

I know that everybody hurts sometime and I have no problem with anybody getting emotional or crying, but, for God sakes, if you
are going to break the fuck down for all the world to see then you should at least have a reason to do so that isn't completely bogus and
stupid.

Mortensen, Peter King, Shlereth and there are a few more on my list. Valar Morghulis.

Not me. I'm a person that will hold some grudges in special cases and I'm not afraid to admit it. I haven't taken anything
Mark Schlereth has said seriously since I saw him on national TV blubbering like a baby over the topic of squishy footballs. I wish I
could just forgive and forget, but here we are and I can't.

I mean......his soul was shattered at the level of depravity the Patriots had sunk to. We had destroyed the game of football, which he loved
above all things. We had desecrated the sanctity and purity of NFL football -- which was the foundation of all that is good in humanity
and civilization itself was in deep, deep trouble. Squishy. Footballs. And the entire thing was a sham orchestrated to satiate a
bunch of greedy billionaires who couldn't compete with us on the level.

I know that everybody hurts sometime and I have no problem with anybody getting emotional or crying, but, for God sakes, if you
are going to break the fuck down for all the world to see then you should at least have a reason to do so that isn't completely bogus and
stupid.

Mortensen, Peter King, Shlereth and there are a few more on my list. Valar Morghulis.
schlereth blubbered too? let alone he was on a team that deliberately violated the salary cap to win sbs.

schlereth blubbered too? let alone he was on a team that deliberately violated the salary cap to win sbs.

Apparently, I misremembered the incident and ranted for no reason.

It wasn't him. He was actual rational about it from what I can tell.

My mistake. :dith: I'll be a bit more careful in the future.

This is all I could really find about it.

I admit that the whole Deflategate thing sort of unhinged me, but I felt 100% sure Schlereth cried over the whole thing. Of course,
that was right up until I read HS's response and started to wonder what she meant. I must have imagined it.

Was it Aikman, maybe? I'm not sure now, but I can tell you that I will be double checking myself on stories that occurred
years ago.

I won't delete the post, but I wish I had just gone looking for the clip before I went off on the dude.

Back