Random Football News - 2024

11 and Jefferson, yes. 11 and 23 isn't enough.
If they did that, would you entertain a trade for Fields? I think they'd have to pay him at his 5th year option rate but the cost of acquisition could be low and if he doesn't pan out, they can let him walk and look to the 2025 draft for a QB (if they don't draft someone they perceive as sit-and-watch future QB in this year's draft).

11 and Jefferson, yes. 11 and 23 isn't enough.
was reading a take on this (SB Nation I think) and they had it as vikes also have to throw in 2025 1st.
so 11 and 23 this year and vikes 1st in 2025 for Pats #3 this year

If they did that, would you entertain a trade for Fields? I think they'd have to pay him at his 5th year option rate but the cost of acquisition could be low and if he doesn't pan out, they can let him walk and look to the 2025 draft for a QB (if they don't draft someone they perceive as sit-and-watch future QB in this year's draft).
Fuck no. Marginally Better Than Mac Jones isn't worth investing any capital in whatsoever. Jacoby Brissett is already better than Justin Fields, I don't see why you'd bother getting someone worse than him.

was reading a take on this (SB Nation I think) and they had it as vikes also have to throw in 2025 1st.
so 11 and 23 this year and vikes 1st in 2025 for Pats #3 this year
No, I get it, and if it were a pure pick trade, that would probably be about the size of it. The Vikings have an asset they can trade that they're not going to be able to pay in the near future though, that the Patriots desperately need, that could be valued around a first round pick. I would do 11 and Jefferson for 3, just to get Jefferson, and then immediately start negotiating an extension with him.

Do I think the Patriots will do that? No, not anymore.

I wonder if even for 1 second if Kraft considered Vrabel over Mayo after Vrabes got canned.

I wonder if even for 1 second if Kraft considered Vrabel over Mayo after Vrabes got canned.
I would think 100% yes but wasn't there "succession language" in Mayo's contract?

In hindsight, Vrabel could still be in play by the time this team bottoms out if the next season or two go even further south.

Steelers traded Kenny Pickett to the Eagles so Russell Wilson can start.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back