Random Football News

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, Wilson seemed (sort of) like a mobile version of Brady (when he was young). He just has "it".

Luck reminded me of Big Ben in his rookie year (but better and more polished), and RG3 reminded me of Vick (but also better than Vick).

Overall I can agree to this but would like to add that Luck isn't borderline retarded and also is not a rapist.

Overall I can agree to this but would like to add that Luck isn't borderline retarded and also is not a rapist.

and a more mobile version of Brady with a top 5 defense and top 3 run game, you think they could have won their division.:coffee:

and a more mobile version of Brady with a top 5 defense and top 3 run game, you think they could have won their division.:coffee:

If not for San Fran they would have.

I also think you're taking the Brady comparison a bit more literally than was intended. I think the point was that the game didn't seem too big for Wilson like it does for some young QBs. Not that Wilson is Brady if Brady were mobile.

Obviously Wilson had a way to go before he is on Brady's level.

If not for San Fran they would have.

I also think you're taking the Brady comparison a bit more literally than was intended. I think the point was that the game didn't seem too big for Wilson like it does for some young QBs. Not that Wilson is Brady if Brady were mobile.

Obviously Wilson had a way to go before he is on Brady's level.

In general. QB's are more pro ready now than they ever have been in the past due to the style they play in college...so I could say that about most of the young guys.

In general. QB's are more pro ready now than they ever have been in the past due to the style they play in college...so I could say that about most of the young guys.

Overall I agree with you about QBs being more pro ready.

But then I look at Blaine Gabbert and Christian Plunder and I can't discount a guy like Wilson. Obviously it's a small sample size to go on, but I think he's gonna be good

But then I look at Blaine Gabbert and Christian Plunder and I can't discount a guy like Wilson. Obviously it's a small sample size to go on, but I think he's gonna be good

Well he is pretty good, but some QB's are just bad too. Not everyone that gets drafted is going to be good, sometimes and in fact most of the time, QB's just cannot make that transition to the NFL....now how good Wilson is? Don't know I have to see more, a lot more, my only point was he was the lowest Qb in attempted passes for any that started and played the season, so not a lot was loaded on him and that makes it tons easier for a young QB....can you imagine if Luck only had to throw 393 times and you guys would go 11-5?

I think it's the way NFL coaches help them make the transition. I've seen some great quarterback come out of the big schools that bomb out in the NFL yet some guy out of a small college you never heard of rise to the top.

Some guys can adapt to the change in the system and some can't by them selves.

Some colleges does a poor job in prepping their Quarterback for the pros. Some Head Coaches in colleges have a firm grip on the play calling and never let their quarterback make calls at the line. These quarterbacks never learn how to read the defense.

So you have the quality of the player themselves, the quality of the program they come from and then the quality of the program they are going into. Any or all of these can make or break a quarterback.

The Seahawks claimed LS Kyle Nelson off waivers from the 49ers. Now, Kyle, tell Petey everything you know. This is going to be a fun season out west.

Great find, Beagle!
An average coach likely would have been taken down by Kosar’s decline, but Belichick built an elite AFC contender after releasing his franchise QB.
This is one reason why I laugh when people say TB MAKES BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back