Random Football News

He was hurt the last couple of years. His career stats mirror HT and he is much less habitually injured. On another note if I were Foles, I would let Philly tag me and sign immediately. Sit on the bench until week 9-11 when Wentz stinks it up or gets hurt and play 7 games for 25 mil.

Heard on Rodney’s show Rooney flew to south FL to meet AB and he declined.

Can you imagine ANY Patriot ever refusing to give Kraft that respect?

Didn’t think so.

But I can hear myself sayimg:

"You shoulda called first."

Cheers

AB is now openly dissing Ben R and Tomlin on social media.

What a s**t show.

Live view of the Steelers right now

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/4gi5nU2Yz5jvG" width="480" height="270" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/cheezburger-explosion-building-4gi5nU2Yz5jvG">via GIPHY</a></p>

Sure looks like a changing of the guard.

DzuxezxXQAgo0Hz.jpg

Pittsburgh will be 8-8 at best this coming season.

Ben Roethlisberger has permission to call out everyone, including the G.M.

Posted by Mike Florio on February 21, 2019, 10:31 AM EST

The Steelers are trying way too hard to justify quarterback Ben Roethlisberger‘s habit of calling out teammates publicly.

On Wednesday, G.M. Kevin Colbert explained the situation in a way that goes a long way toward explaining why some players on the team may feel entitled to do whatever they want. We previously shared a small chunk of what Colbert said. It’s worth considering the entire quote.

“Ben is the unquestioned leader of this group,” Colbert told reporters. “Like I said, he’s the elder statesmen and the Super Bowl winner. If our players were smart, they’d listen to him because he’s been there. He’s done it. He can tell them, ‘No guys, what you’re doing is or is not good enough to do this.’ And I honestly believe that that can be a burden on him more often than he may like to admit, because he has to — he’s got 52 kids under him, quite honestly. I want them to step up and say, ‘Hey Ben, what do I have to do? Can I do this better? What do we have to do to win a Super Bowl?’

“I think that once you win it, you’ve got 53 guys who can say what it took. Right now, he’s the only one, so I have no problem with him. He can call me out and that’s fine. What he does, I totally respect because I see him too many times win games for us and come through in situations. That’s why I talked about the Jacksonville game. He brought that team in. It was hot. It was nasty, and they weren’t allowed to get water. It was that immediate. Everybody over here right now. And the speech he made and the challenges he made, he backed up because he played better in the second half. He didn’t play well in the first half, and he said, ‘I’m the first one that needs to look in the mirror, and the rest of you better, too.’ So I have absolutely no problem with him.”

The concept makes sense, but Colbert has allowed Roethlisberger to take it to the extreme. What player has the power to call out the General Manager of the team? Does Roethlisberger also have the power to call out the coach? The owner? Once that line is crossed — and Colbert is encouraging Roethlisberger to leap over it — there’s no going back.

Moreover, there’s a big difference between privately urging players to step up and publicly calling them out. Who in the NFL does that, other than Roethlisberger? What team in the NFL allows that, other than the Steelers?

What are the Steelers doing? Fans of the team, instead of circling the wagons and attacking the messenger, should take a careful look at the message. The message is this: Your favorite team is currently riddled with drama. Le'Veon Bell, Antonio Brown, and Ben Roethlisberger aren’t the cause of it; they’re the symptoms.

The cause is residing somewhere at or between the coaching staff and ownership. Until that cause is identified and rectified, this names will change by the dysfunction will stay the same.

This is an unspeakable sin by a GM. No player should be more important than the coach, GM or owner. An empowered Ben in the bully pulpit is a recipe for disaster as no player will ever trust him again. I damn sure wouldn't. It wasn't too long ago that the Legion of Boom was broken when Russell Wilson was given star treatment. Now the Steelers have the beginnings of the end with Bell and Brown showing their disgust. Tomlin isn't strong enough to prevent this avalanche into the abyss.

This is an unspeakable sin by a GM. No player should be more important than the coach, GM or owner. An empowered Ben in the bully pulpit is a recipe for disaster as no player will ever trust him again. I damn sure wouldn't. It wasn't too long ago that the Legion of Boom was broken when Russell Wilson was given star treatment. Now the Steelers have the beginnings of the end with Bell and Brown showing their disgust. Tomlin isn't strong enough to prevent this avalanche into the abyss.
meanwhile in the Bat Cave, mad genius Bill Batman Belichick is ripping into Tom Robin Brady saying a junior QB at Foxboro High could make a certain throw Tom missed.

and now we begin to understand how a Dynasty was built.

Back