Random Football News

I don't think I've read anyone wanting Brady to lose more than wanting the Patriots to win? :confused1:
Sadly, there are Patriot fans who are bitter about the organisation "letting" Tom go. There are fans who believe that Tom should have been allowed to retire here under a grand thank you deal. What many other fans have tried to point out is that Tom clearly wanted to leave. We don't blame him for that at all, 19+ years under BB is a tough gig and he wanted to try a different team and coaches. No issue at all. Many of us have pointed out that he was not the old TFB last season, his play was in decline which is understandable given his age. it was his attitude last season that many of us were uncomfortable with that's all. People here pointed him out last season.

Most fans seem happy with Cam here, it's exciting to see something different and a totally different style of QB.

Nobody will ever forget with TFB did here. He will go down as the GOAT and he helped deliver 6 SBs here. It's unprecedented.

But we have moved on, our team is with different personnel now and that's what we're focussing on. Or should be focussing on.

Oh, I know they exist, I just hadn't read anyone here with that POV.

Sent from my Commodore VIC 20 using Tapatalk

The issue is, he is not at the GOAT standard anymore. That's not a criticism, it's just a fact to do with Physics and Chemistry. Whether TB can guide them to a SB his year is the question.
He's not? 4TDs today to 4 different receivers. He now has 18 on the season. He has positioned himself to be in the MVP discussion.

Sadly, there are Patriot fans who are bitter about the organisation "letting" Tom go. There are fans who believe that Tom should have been allowed to retire here under a grand thank you deal. What many other fans have tried to point out is that Tom clearly wanted to leave. We don't blame him for that at all, 19+ years under BB is a tough gig and he wanted to try a different team and coaches. No issue at all. Many of us have pointed out that he was not the old TFB last season, his play was in decline which is understandable given his age. it was his attitude last season that many of us were uncomfortable with that's all. People here pointed him out last season.

Most fans seem happy with Cam here, it's exciting to see something different and a totally different style of QB.

Nobody will ever forget with TFB did here. He will go down as the GOAT and he helped deliver 6 SBs here. It's unprecedented.

But we have moved on, our team is with different personnel now and that's what we're focussing on. Or should be focussing on.
It's a different style of qb that's for sure.

I am not one of them. I do not blame the pats at all. Brady was ready, we didn't have cap room. It was mutual. Bill has to deal with what he has. I am not sure what lead to Brady wanting to leave and I don't care, but I'm always going to root for him. As far as Cam, I think it was a mistake and said we should go with stid...for better or worse. Have to see what he is. Maybe I'm wrong and Bill knows better and he does.

He's still capable of having good games.
He is but he is having a great season. Still hard to believe sometimes he is 43 and still slinging it. Dropped a bunch of dimes today.

He is but he is having a great season. Still hard to believe sometimes he is 43 and still slinging it. Dropped a bunch of dimes today.
Its never been done, or anything even close. I saw some highlights, his passes are dimes. They deep td to that little receiver miller was as good as I have ever seen.

Its never been done, or anything even close. I saw some highlights, his passes are dimes. They deep td to that little receiver miller was as good as I have ever seen.
Scotty Miller is a beast. Man, can he jet down field. Great hands. Kind of reminds me of Amendola but faster.

Scotty Miller is a beast. Man, can he jet down field. Great hands. Kind of reminds me of Amendola but faster.
That is who he reminds me of, although he catches a lot better on deep balls. He is something, have no idea where he came from. Never heard of him before this year.

I'll never hate Brady, he did so much for the Pats, and I'm curious about what he does with the Bucs...but, I'll always be a BB fan mostly. BB currently coaches for the Pats, so...
I separate them. Brady is a player, BB is a coach. Its silly to compare them because they do not do the same thing. Thats just media driven BS, and I can tell you, neither of them think of it that way.

The Antonio Brown situation is a strange one. I think it’s a mistake. The Bucs don’t need him, Brady is playing lights out football at the moment and is even guiding Gronk back into form. He’s building the connections with the offense and looks better each week. Why risk it? Brown is a cancer and I agree with Peter King in his column today that the risks are too big. The Bucs will also face a backlash from a lot of people on this, women and men after the allegations about Brown.

Brady was not happy in the post game press conference with the questions about Brown. It was a frosty back and forth with reporters. Arians has gone out of his way to say this is his call but Tom being Tom, he’s clearly stepped up to say he’ll look after Brown and keep him straight.

It’s a big ask. Tom and the Bucs don’t need him they say they’re playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard Glazer I believe say yesterday that Arians did indeed veto TB's request to add Brown when TB first went there. But Glazer added that TB ssid what about in midyear if our wr corps has injuries, and Arians said he'd "hate that less" or something.

The Antonio Brown situation is a strange one. I think it’s a mistake. The Bucs don’t need him, Brady is playing lights out football at the moment and is even guiding Gronk back into form. He’s building the connections with the offense and looks better each week. Why risk it? Brown is a cancer and I agree with Peter King in his column today that the risks are too big. The Bucs will also face a backlash from a lot of people on this, women and men after the allegations about Brown.

Brady was not happy in the post game press conference with the questions about Brown. It was a frosty back and forth with reporters. Arians has gone out of his way to say this is his call but Tom being Tom, he’s clearly stepped up to say he’ll look after Brown and keep him straight.

It’s a big ask. Tom and the Bucs don’t need him they say they’re playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When you are legit contending for a title getting a receiver of Brown's elite talent for a mil bucks is always a deal worth doing. Plus, the Bucs receivers have all been banged up. If Brown behaves and is still elite than the Bucs could hang 50 on most opponents.

Back