Random Football News

I was curious to see for whom Colt fans were cheering this weekend, and I found this gem.
I remember when Colt fans used to call themselves “classy” (which is LOL worthy... Indy and class should never go together ).

Look at all those wishing injuries to the Patriots. Such bitter people.
https://forums.colts.com/topic/59171-ne-or-jacksonville-who-are-you-rooting-for/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

It's adorable that they still think the Patriots are their rivals.

The Colts are one of the easiest games on our schedule. We could play Hoyer and win going away.

---------- Post added at 11:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 PM ----------

Yes.

Possibly the best wr TB could play with excluding Moss.

Why wouldn’t you?

Until I know WHY Cleveland cut him, nope.

Until I know WHY Cleveland cut him, nope.

A long list of infractions that all stem from the fact that Josh Gordon doesn't give a shit about rules handed down by anyone of authority. Surely BB wouldn't have a problem with that. They canned him for being late for a meeting? That was the final straw after 6 years of patience? Hell, BB woulda just sent his ass home with a warning. I still say send the Browns a conditional 7th, a replica Pats SB Ring and, ok...throw in a TB12 autographed jersey for Gordon.

Adam Schefter‏Verified account @AdamSchefter
Aaron Rodgers has no ligament damage in his knee but his injury could take up to two months to heal, per sources. For now, he will try to play through the pain.

No ligament damage but may take 2 months to heal? It could be a deep bone bruise which is often associated with some degree of compression fracture. Playing on it could delay healing but what choice does he have. He'll have to learn to get rid of the ball quickly; it worked for him in the 2nd half last week. Maybe copying TB isn't the worst decision he could make.

Aaron Rodgers has no ligament damage in his knee but his injury could take up to two months to heal, per sources. For now, he will try to play through the pain.

No ligament damage but may take 2 months to heal? It could be a deep bone bruise which is often associated with some degree of compression fracture. Playing on it could delay healing but what choice does he have. He'll have to learn to get rid of the ball quickly; Torodol worked for him in the 2nd half last week. Maybe copying TB isn't the worst decision he could make.

Fyp

No ligament damage but may take 2 months to heal? It could be a deep bone bruise which is often associated with some degree of compression fracture. Playing on it could delay healing but what choice does he have. He'll have to learn to get rid of the ball quickly; it worked for him in the 2nd half last week. Maybe copying TB isn't the worst decision he could make.

Don't ever take Toradol (ketorolac). It's the least Cox-2 selective NSAID which means it has the worst side effects. GI bleeding, chronic colitis and kidney failure are roughly 20 times more likely with it than with, say, ibuprofen even though Toradol has only 3-5 times the analgesia potency of ibuprofen. There are many better NSAIDs now than toradol. And although ibuprofen is 20 times "safer", ibuprofen is not considered a safe drug.

Toradol is Cox-1 selective & that is bad.
But total Cox-2 selectivity is also bad bc it can lead to cardiovascular events.

What you want is an NSAID that inhibits both but leans heavily to Cox-2 selectivity. These are relatively safer NSAIDs but no NSAID should be taken casually. I haven't taken an NSAID in 20 years.

Bad-------------------------------------------->best for now-------------------------->Bad (not fda approved)
t1_0.jpg

Acetaminophen isn't any better. In fact, acetaminophen has a narrower margin of safety than an NSAID. For example, the 4 gram max dose listed on the package insert for 10 days is enough to cause liver damage in most people & liver failure in many people.

I don’t take anything.

Lift 5 days a week.

Hockey on ice coaching 5 nts and pickup hr Sunday’s.

Bone on bone in my left knee, so I live in constant pain.

Antonio Brown didn't report for work Monday, a day after he was visibly pissed on the field. He also left the locker room in a huff after the 42-37 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

There was also this...
Ryan Scarpino‏ @RyanScarpino
AB needs to thank his lucky stars, because he was drafted by a team that had Ben. And Ben got AB paid. You know darn well he wouldn’t put up those numbers for other teams.

Scarpino was the Steelers' PR guy from 2010-2017

and AB's reply
Antonio Brown‏Verified account @AB84<small class="time"> </small>
Antonio Brown Retweeted Ryan Scarpino
Trade me let’s find out

Personally, I think AB is jealous of Josh Gordon. :coffee:

Brown's cap hit is $7.95M in 2018. Goes up to $22.2M in 2019.

Antonio Brown didn't report for work Monday, a day after he was visibly pissed on the field. He also left the locker room in a huff after the 42-37 loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

There was also this...
Ryan Scarpino‏ @RyanScarpino
AB needs to thank his lucky stars, because he was drafted by a team that had Ben. And Ben got AB paid. You know darn well he wouldn’t put up those numbers for other teams.

Scarpino was the Steelers' PR guy from 2010-2017

and AB's reply
Antonio Brown‏Verified account @AB84<small class="time"> </small>
Antonio Brown Retweeted Ryan Scarpino
Trade me let’s find out

Personally, I think AB is jealous of Josh Gordon. :coffee:

Tomlin & Pete Carroll are kind of the same. Cheer leading & very permissive coaches. Social media is not my thing but I think players on both these teams use it often & when they do they seem to hammer on teammates or some team related issue.

Pittsburgh is a disaster & Seattle is finished. You do the math.

This is great. Hue Jackson is so lost.

Jackson confirms Gonzalez injury he didn’t know about

Jackson confirmed to reporters that Gonzalez had suffered a groin injury, but said that he wasn’t aware of it until after the game.

“That was not reported to me that Zane was hurt,” Jackson said. “I did not know and nobody had ever reported to me from our medical department that Zane was hurt.”

So there’s that.

The missed kicks likely cost the Browns their first win since 2016. They definitely cost Gonzalez his job. It seems that Jackson knowing that his kicker was hurt could have prevented both of those things from happening.

Everybody involved screwed up
The blame can be spread all around. Why didn’t Gonzalez disclose the injury to Jackson? If trainers were aware, why wasn’t Jackson?

Whatever the reason it wasn’t reported, it’s not a good look for Jackson that he runs a program where something like that happens.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hue-ja...onzalez-kicking-injured-sunday-040058719.html

This is great. Hue Jackson is so lost.

Jackson confirms Gonzalez injury he didn’t know about

Jackson confirmed to reporters that Gonzalez had suffered a groin injury, but said that he wasn’t aware of it until after the game.

“That was not reported to me that Zane was hurt,” Jackson said. “I did not know and nobody had ever reported to me from our medical department that Zane was hurt.”

So there’s that.

The missed kicks likely cost the Browns their first win since 2016. They definitely cost Gonzalez his job. It seems that Jackson knowing that his kicker was hurt could have prevented both of those things from happening.

Everybody involved screwed up
The blame can be spread all around. Why didn’t Gonzalez disclose the injury to Jackson? If trainers were aware, why wasn’t Jackson?

Whatever the reason it wasn’t reported, it’s not a good look for Jackson that he runs a program where something like that happens.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/hue-ja...onzalez-kicking-injured-sunday-040058719.html

Browns gonna Browns :coffee:

First coach canned.

He’ll be golfing Week 7

yeah, at some point the narrative of Jackson being a good coach with limited talent to work with has to come to an end. How many times do you draft in the top 5 without having something to show for it on the field?

yeah, at some point the narrative of Jackson being a good coach with limited talent to work with has to come to an end. How many times do you draft in the top 5 without having something to show for it on the field?

I don't know but at some point, Bill is going to have the entire Browns team on the pats.

Jordan Matthews and Jeremy Maclin are working out with the Eagles. :coffee:

Meanwhile Josh Gordon passed his physical and is assigned a jersey number - he'll wear 10.

Back