Random Jets Stuff Thread

BB could have signed Bridgewater...no picks to give up. Why didn't he?

tom-brady-robert-kraft.jpg

Never liked seeing Jacoby traded, especially as it was dicey whether or not you were going to keep Jimmy G.

Never liked seeing Jacoby traded, especially as it was dicey whether or not you were going to keep Jimmy G.
Supposedly the Seahawks offered the Colts a second round pick for Jacoby, which the Colts turned down. I never understood why the Pats traded him. Yeah, I heard they were going to cut him anyway, but why?

Supposedly the Seahawks offered the Colts a second round pick for Jacoby, which the Colts turned down. I never understood why the Pats traded him. Yeah, I heard they were going to cut him anyway, but why?

Mysterious indeed.

I'd rather have Brisket than Hoyer...

Reports going around that the Jets are talking to the Jags about Donte Fowler. Bridgewater for Fowler?

That would be a great trade for the Jets, really, although Bridgewater should still really be the starter there.
He absolutely looks better than both Josh and The Ginger and he might even start the season but if he does, it’ll be more of an audition for other teams before the trade deadline.

Meh.

High floor low ceiling.

He’s the finished basement of QBs.

I've heard that description before, but don't really understand it. Jacoby has a huge arm and I've seen him throw some beautiful deep balls right on the money. That right there is what separates what kind of a ceiling a guy has to me. His judgement isn't great, but he's young. His touch can be questioned, but that can be developed.

I went out of my way to watch the guy last year and it's hard to think of a any guy stuck in a worse situation. He was forced into playing without a chance to even learn the offense with very poor protection, no running game and a below average set of skill guys.

He's never had a fair chance in this league. Big arm, tough as hell, a plus runner and his teammates love the guy. I'd take him back in a second.

I've heard that description before, but don't really understand it. Jacoby has a huge arm and I've seen him throw some beautiful deep balls right on the money. That right there is what separates what kind of a ceiling a guy has to me. His judgement isn't great, but he's young. His touch can be questioned, but that can be developed.

I went out of my way to watch the guy last year and it's hard to think of a any guy stuck in a worse situation. He was forced into playing without a chance to even learn the offense with very poor protection, no running game and a below average set of skill guys.

He's never had a fair chance in this league. Big arm, tough as hell, a plus runner and his teammates love the guy. I'd take him back in a second.

Exactly! I thought Jacoby had potential and was very disappointed when he was traded.

I think that cannon arm, toughness, and likability are what sets his floor.

Judgement isn’t great is what limits his ceiling.

Think Brady.

His floor was a bit lower because he didn’t have that cannon early and to look at him in his Combine pic tough wasn’t the first word to come to mind. But he had command. He was smart as hell. Decision making was superb. He could run an offense precisely. Bill saw it early. THAT set his ceiling. Very high.

Back