It's looks like it! Is it one of those Sherpa ones? I have been dying to get one of those and the booties to match lol

I'm not sure I got it in a Christmas grab a few years ago. My daughter calls it "the precious" lol

False.

He is:

Dos-Equis-Man.jpg

As anyone who is a Beatles' fan would already know:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs.../10/29/paul-mccartney-yoko-didnt-break-us-up/

<header class="entry-header"> Paul McCartney: Yoko didn’t break us up

Posted by Delia Lloyd on October 29, 2012 at 10:56 am

</header>
LONDON — Other than Hurricane Sandy, few things can distract us right now from our single-minded focus on the outcome of the U.S. presidential election on Nov. 6. But on Sunday, Sir Paul McCartney managed to do just that when he announced that Yoko OnoJohn Lennon’s widow — was not responsible for the break up of the world’s most famous rock band.
6873707760_a8c7cf00fb_m.jpg

In an interview to be published next month on Al Jazeera English with the veteran British journalist David Frost – (and previewed by the British media this past weekend) — Sir Paul claims Ono was not the reason The Beatles came apart in the early 1970s. “She certainly didn’t break the group up, the group was breaking up,” he tells Frost.
If anything, Sir Paul suggests, the Beatles’s split had more to do with the role played by talent agent Allen Klein, who tried to manage the group after the group’s much beloved manager, Brian Epstein, died in 1967.
This is big news for those of us, like me, who’ve watched one too many biopics about the lives of the various Beatles. (My husband is a huge Beatles fan, though he insists that by far the best account of the band’s breakup can be found on the film featuring the musicians themselves, “Let it Be.”)
If you watch any of those films — or read the media over the years — you come away thinking that Ono was this new-agey, avant-garde, exotic Japanese freak show who forever spoiled the rough, working class sensibilities of the sometimes-truculent, creative musical genius from the streets of Liverpool. By these accounts, it was Lennon’s early musical collaboration with Sir Paul and the others — against a backdrop of working-class England in the 1960s and a troubled family life (his mother died when he was five and he went to live with an aunt) — that really defined Lennon.
There’s no doubt that after meeting Ono, Lennon moved in a decidedly different creative direction. In their first public “event” together, on June 15, 1968, the couple planted two acorns in the grounds of Coventry Cathedral, one facing east, the other facing west. The planting was intended as symbolic of their meeting and love for one another, as well as the uniting of their two cultures. And, of course, who could forget the iconic image of the couple’s famous bed-ins, their novel version of a peace protest, which ultimately lay the foundation for Lennon’s first hit solo outside of the Beatles, “Give Peace A Chance“?
But as Sir Paul points out, it’s also the case that without Ono, we’d never have had “Imagine,” the most commercially successful and critically acclaimed of all of Lennon’s post-Beatles efforts. The title track was later listed as the third all-time best song by Rolling Stone magazine.
“Imagine” was based on poems from Ono’s 1964 book of poetry, “Grapefruit.” Lennon later said that “Imagine” should be credited as a Lennon/Ono song, admitting that both the lyric and concept were “right out of Grapefruit.” For those of us who came of age in the No Nukes 1980s, “Imagine” — with its plaintive, evocative appeal for a peaceful utopia — struck a real chord long after it was written. I still tear up when I hear it.
Ono — who, in addition to being a musician was also a visual/performance artist — also cultivated these other artistic strands in her famous musician husband. Lennon, for example, was a terrific sketch artist. Like millions of other baby boomers giving birth in the early 00s, I was thrilled to discover that Carter’s was distributing a line of baby clothing/accessories based around Lennon’s drawings which he’d made for his son, Sean, when Sean was a baby. I didn’t buy them because of Lennon; I bought them because they were good.
Since Lennon’s death in 1980, Ono has continued with her own musical career – sometimes in collaboration with their son, Sean Lennon – and has written an autobiography and a musical play. She’s also been very active in the charity sector through her foundation, Imagine Peace.
In short, what Sir Paul seems to be implying in his interview is that without Ono, we wouldn’t have Lennon.
Imagine that.

Paul wanted his father-in-law, Lee Eastman to manage the group after Epstein's death, but John, George, and Ringo felt Paul would benefit the most from that arrangement. Paul fought with Klein, even though he saved the band from financial ruin by getting rid of the parasite "friends" who were stealing from Apple, and got the boys a greater share of the recording revenue pie. Paul, still pissed, secretly filed papers for dissolution of the band, and attempted to squeeze George and Ringo from any songwriting rights.

Paul was an egotistical and money-mad ass.

This is cool, didn't know this. Graphic at link.

http://consumerist.com/2012/11/01/what-a-difference-a-few-browser-cookies-can-make-when-you-shop/

What A Difference A Few Browser Cookies Can Make When You Shop
November 1, 2012 By Laura Northrup
Have you ever wondered what kind of difference your browsing history can make when you shop? We were surprised to see this before/after photo that reader Dan sent. He tells us that he was shopping Hotwire for car rentals and took screen shots before and after he cleared out the cookies in his browser. It’s striking how different prices are when Hotwire thinks that he’s a new visitor who has never been to the site before.

I'm bored. Stuck at work on yet another Saturday night. Maybe I should try to do some work here...

nahhh.

Beautifully written critique of Guy Fieri's new restaurant in NYC. Guess I won't be eating at this place.
Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar

Did you notice that the menu was an unreliable predictor of what actually came to the table? Were the “bourbon butter crunch chips” missing from your Almond Joy cocktail, too? Was your deep-fried “boulder” of ice cream the size of a standard scoop?
What exactly about a small salad with four or five miniature croutons makes Guy’s Famous Big Bite Caesar (a) big (b) famous or (c) Guy’s, in any meaningful sense?
Were you struck by how very far from awesome the Awesome Pretzel Chicken Tenders are? If you hadn’t come up with the recipe yourself, would you ever guess that the shiny tissue of breading that exudes grease onto the plate contains either pretzels or smoked almonds? Did you discern any buttermilk or brine in the white meat, or did you think it tasted like chewy air?
Why is one of the few things on your menu that can be eaten without fear or regret — a lunch-only sandwich of chopped soy-glazed pork with coleslaw and cucumbers — called a Roasted Pork Bahn Mi, when it resembles that item about as much as you resemble Emily Dickinson?
When you have a second, Mr. Fieri, would you see what happened to the black bean and roasted squash soup we ordered?
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/d...merican-kitchen-bar-in-times-square.html?_r=0

Back