Random Thoughts

One other thing that's bothering me and that I have no control over, and that is getting old.
Not that I am in pain or anything like that,,, I just am not in love with the mirror anymore.

I also realize I am a cranky motherfucker,

When I die you guys can look back at my posts and hopefully have a laugh,
Or at least know that AOT wasn't really a bull shitter,
You're cool shit in my book bro!

A tornado hit part of the county I work in and part of the city. It destroyed many city blocks. When I seen the destruction I hoped Samaritan's Purse would come and help with clean up. They announced today they are. I may work until midnight Monday, but I will be there Tuesday at 7:30am to work with the best disaster relief organization there is (imo). If they come back and rebuild, I will be there as well.

A tornado hit part of the county I work in and part of the city. It destroyed many city blocks. When I seen the destruction I hoped Samaritan's Purse would come and help with clean up. They announced today they are. I may work until midnight Monday, but I will be there Tuesday at 7:30am to work with the best disaster relief organization there is (imo). If they come back and rebuild, I will be there as well.
No doubt about it. You're a good man, Charlie Brown.

Cheers, :toast:

If you get a root canal on a Monday, things can only look up for the rest of the week. 🤞

Monday, my work (tv station) went live from the tornado zone for the 5 and 6pm news. My work is owned by one of the biggest (if not biggest) media corporations in the USA (nexstar). They had another station bring in a satellite truck and equipment. Our people ran cameras and technical side while the anchors except sports was live. The station that brought in a satellite truck brought a drone and operator. This was one weather hit and it was a neat way to tell the story.

View: https://youtu.be/oOBAQfGIQIM

Overall the newscasts was something I’ve seen national news do but never on a small market local level. I wish I was running camera at the live shot but I did audio at the station.

I hope everyone who celebrates Easter has a great day tomorrow. If you're traveling to family's house, or folks are going to your house, I hope it works out good. If you don't celebrate Easter, I hope you have a great day, too!

Monday, my work (tv station) went live from the tornado zone for the 5 and 6pm news. My work is owned by one of the biggest (if not biggest) media corporations in the USA (nexstar). They had another station bring in a satellite truck and equipment. Our people ran cameras and technical side while the anchors except sports was live. The station that brought in a satellite truck brought a drone and operator. This was one weather hit and it was a neat way to tell the story.

View: https://youtu.be/oOBAQfGIQIM

Overall the newscasts was something I’ve seen national news do but never on a small market local level. I wish I was running camera at the live shot but I did audio at the station.

Just a sidebar: weather people everywhere have become masters of the dog and pony show. :rofl:
Sure that all started with WBZ's famous snow queen of yesteryear, Shelby Scott. :rofl:

But I'm sure you had a great day and did great work.

Cheers

Last edited:
My wife's aunt and uncle found out their daughter is allergic to cashews. They took her to a convenient care, then an ambulance ride to a local ER, then a helicopter ride to the Childrens hospital in Indy. This was all yesterday, she was discharged today.

The Boston Bruins now have the most season wins in NHL history-63! It doesn't matter to me if they win the championship-they have broken a great NHL record. If they do win the Stanley Cup this season, it would be great. But they've broken the single season win record!

Random ailment started last night, my right knee is bothering me like crazy. Especially on stairs or uneven surfaces, it almost feels like it is giving out. No idea what I did to do it, I just did my normal exercise walking like I do 2-3 times a week. Might have to go to the orthopedic clinic tomorrow possibly.

If you get a root canal on a Monday, things can only look up for the rest of the week. 🤞
I once had a good root canal.
Had just moved at about age 27, new dentist was a female and about the same age. Add in the cute hygienist and gas.
It was enjoyable, think it was the gas.

I once had a good root canal.
Had just moved at about age 27, new dentist was a female and about the same age. Add in the cute hygienist and gas.
It was enjoyable, think it was the gas.
This was my first root canal too and honestly I was amazed how easy it went. It started out rough because they were trying to figure out which tooth it was. They were blowing cold air onto each tooth. The first two reacted like they were supposed too. Then the third one I felt literally nothing. They tried it three times and then like 30 seconds later it felt like somebody stabbed me right in the jaw. I about shot straight out of the chair. I didn't think the pain was ever going to stop. The dentist immediately grabbed the needle and started shooting me up. I think the pain went away before the novocaine ever took effect. I didn't feel a thing from then on. I was even dozing off in the chair a couple times. They got done with the first stage and sent me back to work. I was really nervous for when the novocaine wore off but then it did and I had no pain in the tooth. It was a little tender where they gave me the shots but other than that it was great. Now I just have to go back in a couple weeks for the permanent crown. They're not even charging me for that part because they had just put a crown on that tooth about a year ago.

Random ailment started last night, my right knee is bothering me like crazy. Especially on stairs or uneven surfaces, it almost feels like it is giving out. No idea what I did to do it, I just did my normal exercise walking like I do 2-3 times a week. Might have to go to the orthopedic clinic tomorrow possibly.
Sunday night this started, had a bad night of sleep. Could barely put full pressure on my right leg yesterday. Half the night last night I couldn’t get comfortable but about 3am was able to get good sleep. I did go to the clinic this morning and I have patellar tendonitis. Got a brace strap thing, waiting on an anti inflammatory prescription, and physical therapy.

At least this should be cleared up by first of June for great wolf lodge with the family.

Until I know I can bend my knee better, guess I’m driving the Tuscan. The drivers seat sits lower and farther back then my pilot. It is also lower rude height then the pilot. I had to use my left foot on the brake pedal driving home tonight. Once I get medication figured out, hopefully the inflammation, soreness and flexibility gets better. Was prescribed an nsaid but with my kidney issues, I’m sure the kidney doctor will say not to take it. Sitting in bed with an ice pack on my knee and waiting for Tylenol to kick in to get sleep.

Just thinking back on my life. High School in particular. One wrestling match. I had him. but then I didn't. I'd like that match back. I wasn't smart. Congrats Chris Blomberg. You bested me.

Also, congrats on your state championship

Last edited:
Back