Random Thoughts

I always get that "how do they know me" look when I'm covering news. Not as much now as I use to, but tonight the PIO for the district I'm in for hte state police seen me, the owner of hte local chick fil a knows me by name, and then there was others. Even worse, if I ever cover a sheriffs department function (like awards dinner) the sheriff knows me by name. I guess that is a good thing in the end since they know me for good reasons. I even joked with the PIO for the state police if I get of the team for hte fundraiser he was on, would that get me out of a ticket.

I love buldings like this, it's not a photo-shop, its an actual building in Poland called the Krzywy Domek, 'Crooked House'.

View attachment 16206

By Mother Goose

There was a crooked man, and he walked a crooked mile,
He found a crooked sixpence against a crooked stile;

He bought a crooked cat which caught a crooked mouse,

And they all lived together in a little crooked house.

We need more love and less hate in the world. Social media combined with technology that keeps our kid indoors is destroying our country.

Go for a hike, walk, and be kind to your neighbors and fellow mankind.

❤️

I am by no means stupid, but one of those things I just could never grasp was remembering which months have 31 days, and which have 30. I have tried the tricks, and it just never stuck...

But I figured it out! Something that works for me! Being an Earth, Wind, and Fire fan, I just realized that I can use "September" to rememebr!

Do you remember?
There's just 30 days in September,
April, June, and November,
And all the rest have 31!
Ba-du-da, ba-du-da, ba-du-da, ba-du
Ba-du-da, ba-du, ba-du-da, ba-du

Ba-du-da, ba-du, ba-du-da
I know....February....leave me alone!😠

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

I am by no means stupid, but one of those things I just could never grasp was remembering which months have 31 days, and which have 30. I have tried the tricks, and it just never stuck...

But I figured it out! Something that works for me! Being an Earth, Wind, and Fire fan, I just realized that I can use "September" to rememebr!

Do you remember?
There's just 30 days in September,
April, June, and November,
And all the rest have 31!
Ba-du-da, ba-du-da, ba-du-da, ba-du
Ba-du-da, ba-du, ba-du-da, ba-du

Ba-du-da, ba-du, ba-du-da
I know....February....leave me alone!😠

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs069dndIYk

I use the knuckle method. To me, easy.

View: https://youtu.be/UfOpjDv8RxQ

Umm, I remember my math teachers and older folks like my parents refusing to let us use calculators for schoolwork cuz, "You won't always have a calculator with you".

How'd that prediction work out?

That same calculator device we all carry in our pockets always comes stock with a calendar.

Never cared for learning much math but love math theory.

Never cared enough to learn the 30/31 day thing, never found any value in knowing it.

I do absolutely know this, however, "Android loves me, this I know, cuz my Samsung devices tell me so". 😆

Last edited:
Umm, I remember my math teaches and older folks like my parents refusing to let us use calculators for schoolwork cuz, "You won't always have a calculator with you".

That same calculator device we all carry in our pockets always comes stock with a calendar.

Never cared enough to learn the 30/31 day thing, never found any value in knowing it.

I do absolutely know this, however, "Android loves me, this I know, cuz my Samsung devices tell me so". 😆

Math has always come easy to me. First, I am just naturally good at numbers. Second...I got a lot of detentions growing up. I mean...a LOT of detentions. That means I did a LOT of times tables.....1x1=1, and up to 12x12.

Consequently, I know the answer to any multiplication through 12x12 intuitively. I don't have to think about it at all.

When the multipliers become bigger than that, I just break it down into denominators of 12 or less, and add the answers together. It may sound complicated, but it's second nature to me, like riding a bike.

That's how I got stuck into purchasing and inventory as a career, more or less. I can think out the answer to inventory and purchasing questions faster than most people can type the question.

So, this is what having 20 years getting taken of your 50 years looks like by spending time between soulmates. A younger woman, even. 46. 😆

The right and best people bring out the best in each of us.

Had just gotten off the dance floor.

2 weeks with best and deepest of intellectual and spiritual friends anyone could imagine.

Also, both of us highly regard, admire and love each other deeply, always have. Just been star crossed for 30 years.

Never apart and never closer.

Been an incredible couple of weeks with awesome stories to share.

received_178038271781446.jpeg

Mac Jones actually had better passing stats in 2022 than Jalen Hurts. Hurts just had his rookie contract extended for 5 yrs. $255M with $179M Guaranteed. You know that he got that $179M when he signed the contract?

Here it comes...........................................................................................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Would you sign Mac Jones for a five year extension for $200M with $100M guaranteed???????????????????????????????????

Mac Jones actually had better passing stats in 2022 than Jalen Hurts. Hurts just had his rookie contract extended for 5 yrs. $255M with $179M Guaranteed. You know that he got that $179M when he signed the contract?
Games (G)

Mac Jones 9

Jalen Hurts 12

Games Started (GS)

Mac Jones 9

Jalen Hurts 12

Wins as Starter

Mac Jones 4

Jalen Hurts 11

Losses as Starter

Mac Jones 5

Jalen Hurts 1

Ties as Starter

Mac Jones 0

Jalen Hurts 0

Winning Percentage

Mac Jones .444%

Jalen Hurts .917%

Pass Completions (Cmp)

Mac Jones 184

Jalen Hurts 243

Passing Attempts (Att)

Mac Jones 270

Jalen Hurts 357

Completion Percentage (Cmp%)

Mac Jones 68.1

Jalen Hurts 68.1

Passing Yards (Yds)

Mac Jones 1,963

Jalen Hurts 2,940

Touchdown Passes (TD)

Mac Jones 7

Jalen Hurts 20

Touchdown Percentage (TD%)

Mac Jones 2.6%

Jalen Hurts 5.6%

Interceptions Thrown (Int)

Mac Jones 7

Jalen Hurts 3

Interception Percentage (INT%)

Mac Jones 2.6

Jalen Hurts 0.8

Game Winning Drives (GWD)

Mac Jones 0

Jalen Hurts 2

Yards per Pass Attempt (Y/A)

Mac Jones 7.3

Jalen Hurts 8.2

Adjusted Yards per Pass Attempt (AY/A)

Mac Jones 6.6

Jalen Hurts 9.0

Yards Gained per Pass Completion (Y/C)

Mac Jones 10.7

Jalen Hurts 12.1

Yards Gained per Games Played (Y/G)

Mac Jones 218.1

Jalen Hurts 245.0

Rushing Attempts (Att)

Mac Jones 30

Jalen Hurts 132

Rushing Yards (Yds)

Mac Jones 88

Jalen Hurts 609

Rushing Touchdowns (TD)

Mac Jones 1

Jalen Hurts 9

Rushing Yards per Game (Y/G)

Mac Jones 9.8

Jalen Hurts 50.8

Rushing Attempts per Game (A/G)

Mac Jones 3.3

Jalen Hurts 11

Rushing Yards per Attempt (Y/A)

Mac Jones 2.9

Jalen Hurts 4.6

Fumbles

Mac Jones 4

Jalen Hurts 9

QB Rating (Rate)

Mac Jones 87.0

Jalen Hurts 108.3

That might be the dumbest comparison I have ever heard in the wide world of sports.
:rofl:
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

In a discussion with a friend, the topic of why we call pants and underwear a "pair", as in a "pair of pants".

My dumb friend responded "because it has two holes in it where your legs go".

To which I responded "Are you wearing a pair of T-shirts under a pair of shirts?"

...and why do we pluralize pants but not underwear? Nobody says "underwears", but they DO say "undies"....

Who made up these dumb rules? No wonder foreigners struggle with learning English, our language has a lot of stupidity built right into it.

Umm, I remember my math teachers and older folks like my parents refusing to let us use calculators for schoolwork cuz, "You won't always have a calculator with you".

That is why they invented EMPs

Back