Random Thoughts

Last edited:
Lovely story, 98 years old WWII vet of Iwo Jima had a wish, to go to Ireland and sing Danny Boy in a pub!

Well he came and met the US Ambassador, Clare Cronin (a great lady) and he did get to sing in a pub in Kinsale!

Colonel Graves was one of 335 soldiers that started off in his company, and he was one of only 18 that survived.

View attachment 16441

View: https://twitter.com/usambireland/status/1654534913733844993?s=61&t=CXAIyGZ7_SSfUAnkK4Owqg

I love Kinsale!!!!
Great story ....

~Dee~

IMG_1449.jpegAnthony Bourdain said: "Eat at a local restaurant tonight. Get the cream sauce. Have a cold pint at 4 o’clock in a mostly empty bar. Go somewhere you’ve never been. Listen to someone you think may have nothing in common with you. Order the steak rare. Eat an oyster. Have a negroni. Have two. Be open to a world where you may not understand or agree with the person next to you, but have a drink with them anyways. Eat slowly. Tip your server. Check in on your friends. Check in on yourself. Enjoy the ride."

View attachment 16615Anthony Bourdain said: "Eat at a local restaurant tonight. Get the cream sauce. Have a cold pint at 4 o’clock in a mostly empty bar. Go somewhere you’ve never been. Listen to someone you think may have nothing in common with you. Order the steak rare. Eat an oyster. Have a negroni. Have two. Be open to a world where you may not understand or agree with the person next to you, but have a drink with them anyways. Eat slowly. Tip your server. Check in on your friends. Check in on yourself. Enjoy the ride."

Absolutely and without question essential to zeroing out closed mindedness. The world expands by opening the doors of experience.

I haven't had a drink since New Years Eve 1969.

Maybe having a couple will open my mind?

Congratulations if booze caused problems in your life. Truly, congrats.

If the abstinence is some cosmic weirdness that you're never in the right place at the right time to imbibe then my sincerest condolences. Raising a beer to nature's Goddess, Gaia as I sit on the shore of a river at the end of this Sunday.

"Summer Sunday and a year, i guess I like it...so far" as my teen object of worship Jim Morrison once put it.

View: https://youtu.be/pldftoUbM80

Either way...Cheers, man.

found some random quotes I thought were interesting

You know, it’s funny… when you look at someone through rose-colored glasses, all the red flags just look like flags.

Don’t take criticism from someone you wouldn’t take advice from

Principles only mean something if you stand by them when it’s inconvenient.

Back