Random Thoughts

Teddy Roosevelt died in Europe and was buried in Normandy France before being exhumed and relocated to be buried with family.

Hitler's nephew fought in the US military ( Navy IIRC)

When a man walks around wearing only a tee shirt that’s called Porky Piggy it.

,,,stolen from Andy Richter on Conan

Reminiscing
California poppies and snails.
Been years, I don't know where they went around here.

Bird population dwindling too.

Ah progress I guess.

Camp Hale in Colorado was a military base created to train soldiers to fight in the snow for WW2.
At one point it housed Nazi POWs from the North Africa battles.
Story is that an American soldier was a Nazi sympathizer and arranged for a car for a couple of Nazis to escape. They made it across the border into Mexico until a farmer with a horse and cart saw them. Thought it was strange and reported them. They Mexican authorities caught the suspects and they were returned to base shortly thereafter.

Camp Hale is now a national monument or similar.

The slinky toy was created from army surplus after WW2.
The surplus was coils of wire destined to rings for all the army’s jeep engines.

sourced from “Car Talk”.

It apparently stormed severe storms last night. I say apparently as I heard nothing while I was a sleep. I guess if it ever does get bad, when it is my time to go, I will go sleeping.

have you noticed just how many men who are:

wealthy/ powerful/ leaders in their field of endeavor are ALWAYS brought down low being exposed by some sexual scandal???

because of my high standards and strict moral compass is the only reason why I am not a member of any wealthy-powerful-leader club

I felt older today, dropped a plastic container and it shattered.

Trial upon trial has born this out to be more true than I ever imagined in youth.

There is something unique and truly special here in New Hampshire.

Some would say, "Something wicked this way comes".

No, something wonderful born of trial, a chosen son of New Hampshire this way comes.

❤️
🔥
✌️

"Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."

Nathaniel Hawthorne

1000004198.jpg

Trial upon trial has born this out to be more true than I ever imagined in youth.

There is something unique and truly special here in New Hampshire.

Some would say, "Something wicked this way comes".

No, something wonderful born of trial, a chosen son of New Hampshire this way comes.

❤️
🔥
✌️

"Men hang out their signs indicative of their respective trades; shoe makers hang out a gigantic shoe; jewelers a monster watch, and the dentist hangs out a gold tooth; but up in the Mountains of New Hampshire, God Almighty has hung out a sign to show that there He makes men."

Nathaniel Hawthorne

View attachment 25817
Ryan Day is a son of New Hampshire & I wish that motherfucker would go back there

Ryan Day is a son of New Hampshire & I wish that motherfucker would go back there

Don't think I know Ray Day.

But if he's some shitbag motherfucker send him back to me. I'll help him find his way.

One of the biggest things I do.

Almost 2 years ago my mom suffered the most brutal of deaths I could imagine.

I was not welcome at my beautiful moms funeral and what I thought was a dear friend, at the last minute, backed out of taking me down for it.

Tomorrow a new friend and I are going to Brockton.

I'll finally be able to pay my respects.

I'll sit with Tony and Gail Yeskis, 2 of the best human beings I've ever known. I'll share all and they'll be proud of the man I've become as I raise a glass and toast the stars.

We so earned it. 🍻

Mine is a story like none other. If you think you can better it, you either haven't heard mine, all of it, or you're full of shit.

And the world is better for how I've lived it.

A great relationship doesn't just help weather difficult times. Your other half should be able to inspire you to reach great heights. ❤️

I've always felt her, that she is out there somewhere, that we'd find each other when the moment was right.

I often would look to the sky and wonder what she's doing now. I could sometimes feel her at those times.

It took letting go a dream who clearly never was to be her. Just the opposite, a nightmare had it become reality.

The greatest love affair may be at hand. Greater things even still may be afoot.

Or maybe I'm to have so many amazing women, I admire, respect and love many for who they are, all different, as the fulfillment but never mine.

I've come to a point that I'm good with that, if it be how it plays out.

The greatest love affair feels ever so real, so entrenched in my being still. I've earned her...many times over.

So...

We'll see.

Last edited:
Back