Votes: 4 12.1%
  • D

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • F - I possess the hubris to doubt BB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to see the results.

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
BB went trade drunk. He didn’t see much value in draft after the 1st round .

Yup.

We hate it at first.

But it usually works.

IBWT.

I think lAst year & 2008 being his worst drafts . Only 2 standouts from that 08 draft Mayo & Slater . I’m incudling the trade for picks included in last years draft . Every trade was a bust but Cooks. Who got traded for a 1st to get Wynn .

Uh, um, Jaric? And this is WITH Luck back and healthy...

ESPN.com just came out with its way-too-early power rankings for the upcoming NFL season, and guess what?The Indianapolis Colts were ranked 32nd. Dead last. Worse, even, than the eternally decrepit Cleveland Browns who took the wrong quarterback at No. 1 and passed on pass rusher Bradley Chubb with the fourth pick because, well, they’re the Browns. This ranking was released after the free agency grab bag and after the NFL Draft, so suffice to say, the 80 ESPN folks who had input on the list were not impressed – and I can't blame them.

The Colts trotted out a handful of players Tuesday for media availability – Grant, Nate Hairston, Chester Rogers and T.J. Green – and they all talked about the new coaches and the new scheme. It scares me when we start talking about coaches and schemes because it fails to acknowledge the most important element in a good football team: Players. The Colts don't have enough of them. Ballard talked before the Draft about wanting to add players who opposing coaches lose sleep over, guys who demand that you game plan to stop them.
Who do the Colts have?
They have Luck.
They have T.Y. Hilton.
They have... welp, that's about it.
They had one of the league's worst offenses and defenses last year, and they've done very little to improve on either side of the football.

https://www.wthr.com/article/kravit...eam-in-football-and-theyre-not-far-from-being

Two thoughts on that:

1. We won't be the worst team next season
2. Lolz at power rankings (in may!)

You forgot one
3. It's Kravitz

He's just trying to spook the herd to get clicks.

Edit:. By the way, not denying the possibility (probability really) we might suck this season, just not gonna get real worked up over power rankings, especially in May.

He's just trying to spook the herd to get clicks.

Edit:. By the way, not denying the possibility (probability really) we might suck this season, just not gonna get real worked up over power rankings, especially in May.

Nothing for you to worry about. Irsay has guaranteed Luck will be ready for TC.

Just like last year. :coffee:

Nothing for you to worry about.

It's not actually. Me losing sleep over a stranger's shoulder will have precisely zero impact on the eventual outcome. Which means fretting over it is a waste of mental energy.

If he plays, he plays. If he doesn't, Brissett will. I think Luck will be ready by the start of the season. He might not be. Nothing I can say or do will change that. Only the Norns know for sure.

Wyrd bith ful araed.

It's not actually. Me losing sleep over a stranger's shoulder will have precisely zero impact on the eventual outcome. Which means fretting over it is a waste of mental energy.
If he plays, he plays. If he doesn't
Brissett will. I think Luck will be ready by the start of the season. He might not be. Nothing I can say or do will change that. Only the Norns know for sure.

Wyrd bith ful araed.

Absolute truth.

Never thought of you as a fatalist.

In the sense that what will happen eventually becomes what did happen. Today's fate is tomorrow's history.

LOL.
I prefer to leave fate out of it altogether & think of it as what happened today is tomorrow's history. The idea of having no control over your own destiny is the flaw of fatalism. I like Cicero's simple argument against it: If it is fate for you to recover from an illness then you will recover whether you call a doctor or not. Therefore there's no need to ever call a doctor no matter how sick you are.

History can't be changed but the future certainly can be by free will action.
Call the damned doctor!

LOL.
I prefer to leave fate out of it altogether & think of it as what happened today is tomorrow's history. The idea of having no control over your own destiny is the flaw of fatalism. I like Cicero's simple argument against it: If it is fate for you to recover from an illness then you will recover whether you call a doctor or not. Therefore there's no need to ever call a doctor no matter how sick you are.

History can't be changed but the future certainly can be by free will action.
Call the damned doctor!
I think of fate as the end result of the choices you make. Cicero is correct that removing your choices from the equation is a bad idea. To use you example, I'd argue it was your fate to recover from the illness because you called the doctor. As we attempt to navigate ourselves through this life, we're faced with a nearly infinite number of choices on how to go about doing that. While there may be nearly limitless potential outcomes as a result of those choices, only one set of outcomes ever comes to pass.

I think of fate as the end result of the choices you make. Cicero is correct that removing your choices from the equation is a bad idea. To use you example, I'd argue it was your fate to recover from the illness because you called the doctor. As we attempt to navigate ourselves through this life, we're faced with a nearly infinite number of choices on how to go about doing that. While there may be nearly limitless potential outcomes as a result of those choices, only one set of outcomes ever comes to pass.

I agree but isn't that determinism and not fatalism?

(I didn't enjoy my philosophy classes simply bc I'm too black and white on questions such as fate.)

I use this to rate my Draught

beerGlasses2.jpg

Back