Votes: 4 12.1%
  • D

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • F - I possess the hubris to doubt BB

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I want to see the results.

Votes: 14 42.4%

• Total voters
I'd go with AOT, but he must be up to somethin'.

Cheers

I feel better about Bentley after watching this video. It's highlights I know, not average plays from him. But he does seem faster than the NFL.com write-up led me to believe.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k8HZJU-uniE" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I think that this is a thing now that is sort of out of control.

The vast majority of linebackers in the NFL aren't great at covering and the only guys that really seem marginalized to the point of being out of the mix are the real big inside mashers. I don't see Bentley as a slow guy at all. He looks faster than, say, Elandon Roberts who seems quick enough going straight ahead for 10 yards, but has no ability to flip his hips and go side to side and is sluggish in space.

I was also moderately impressed at the highlight clip. Bentley seems to have a knack for finding a crease and knifing through it and looks strong without the fire-hydrant body. He can "get skinny" without actually being skinny.

I never heard of the guy, but I'd be willing to see what he can do for us.

There is certainly ample opportunity at the position, because I don't think 2014 Donta Hightower is going to come walking through that door. He will be a prime candidate to get cut if it'll makes sense cap wise.

Of course, all we can offer is an initial impression, because the jury will be out for two years and then the heat will be off. Few of us will be wandering the streets and muttering about it, although I might.

Theoretically, it could be the best draft of all-time in the same way that it's theoretically possible that a tipsy Elisha Cuthbert will knock on my door some night with a bottle of champagne, two glasses and a letter signed by my wife authorizing her to boink me legless.

I don't know anything, but I have the same vague feelings of confusion and abandonment that I have felt during some of the draft low points of recent years. a low background hum that signals bad shit on the way.

The Jordan Richards pick.

The continual refusal to address glaring needs over the ridiculous and stubborn belief that you take a guy who is a tiny upgrade over one of the incumbents at a grossly overstocked position even if you have another prospect rated just a tick less at a position that is emptier than the ballroom at a Hollywood Republicans rally.

That Belichick (and also his pop-eyed underling Nick Caserio) is fully capable of going without serious criticism after the disgraceful way he furiously wanked himself like a bored zoo baboon over the last 3 days is a tribute to what you can get away with when you win 12 games every year.

Anything. He can do anything he wants.

I can address the particulars as time goes on, but right now all I can do it express my extreme consternation at the shit show that was the Patriots 2018 NFL draft. I'm seriously considering just trading myself down for a future pick, because Bill's shining example tells us that the only way to go forward is to go backwards.

Early and often.

Can you explain what you think Bill and Nick did wrong the past few days? I'm just trying to decipher the baboon thing.

Im fine with this draft. BB hate pass rushers, so it is what it is.

We did set us up for a QB pick next year when we have the following draft picks:

■ First round

■ Second round

■ Second round (from CHI)

■ Third round (from DET)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Fourth round

■ Fifth round

■ Sixth round (compensatory*)

■ Seventh round

■ Seventh round (from PHI)

■ Seventh round (compensatory*)

* predicted

Or the picks can be used in trades to fill the holes we need now.

We did set us up for a QB pick next year when we have the following draft picks:

■ First round

■ Second round

■ Third round (from DET)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Fourth round

■ Fifth round

■ Seventh round

* predicted

They are set up to be major players next year. As much as some may not like it, it's clear that BB and staff just didn't see much value in this year's available talent and feel good about those coming off IR.

:shrug:

Can you explain what you think Bill and Nick did wrong the past few days? I'm just trying to decipher the baboon thing.

Look, I was just blowing off a little steam because I was frustrated at all the trades back and future picks, etc.

As usual, analyzing our draft takes consideration of not only the guys we drafted but the pros we acquired with picks (Danny Shelton, Trent Brown) so it looks a lot better when you look at the overall and none of us really know anything until we see these guys down the road apiece.

I semi-regret the baboon comment. The analogy was intended to make fun of Bill for making 8 trades that seemed somewhat pointless at the time and in the process ignored some needs that many of us would like to see addressed with big ticket rookies and therefore "wanking himself".

For instance, it was easy enough for me to imagine a 3rd and long where Duke Dawson is on the bench and we get no pass rush and the opponent converts a pass over Bentley who isn't quick enough to cover the back.

Now, in my fantasy world we could've gotten Harold Landry easily enough with some of those picks that we traded away and in the example above he swoops around the edge and destroys the play and a wild celebration ensues.

I actually do understand that he is light-years smarter than I am and just shut up, but maybe it's just too soon.

Look, I was just blowing off a little steam because I was frustrated at all the trades back and future picks, etc.

What I have noticed, after almost 20 years of watching BB operate, is that there are some drafts where he is not overly-enamored of the talent available, and thus keeps dropping down and trading for lower picks and future picks.

This apparently was one of those years. This draft was kind of top-heavy, and even then, it was mostly QBs, and many of those (all?) come with question marks. Sure, there will be a couple of surprises from the later rounds, and some of the picks from the first two days will turn out to be solid players, but my guess is that five or ten years from now, this will be seen as one of the weakest draft classes of recent vintage.

Even if one was for a RB, we did make 2 picks in the 1st round at least. We replaced Solder, Lewis and Butler in round 1 and 2. The rookies has got a job to do.

Anyway, if it's any consolation, same stuff on Steeler boards. The loudmouths grade it mostly negative.

I was ok with it the way it worked out. Our no.1 is from my alma mater so that will add to the fun of watching his development.

I think we got a pretty decent WR and QB.

On D, its like we are going hybrid. Should be interesting.

■ First round

■ Second round

■ Third round (from DET)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Third (compensatory*)

■ Fourth round

■ Fifth round

■ Seventh round

* predicted

I disagree.

Those picks are virtually worthless when considering moving up for a QB in a typical draft.

Most years there’s 2-3 consensus top QBs. This year was an outlier.

In those years of 2-3 teams in position garner a kings ransom. 2s and 3s don’t cut the mustard, and our 1 is likely mid 20s to low 30s. That ain’t getting anyone ID’d as a blue chip.

No, Bills best chance is continually swinging on potential guys in 2-3-4. There were players with potential to take a chance on this year. Etling? Not really sure.

I would rate this draft as super meh. For my own enjoyment factor.

I usually find all NFL drafts to be anticlimatic. Kind of like the Christmas where you didn't get what you wanted. Study the players that could be available, there are a ton potentials, then draft day comes and all those potentials are gone, skipped over. It is what it is.

BB did make a statement at his pre draft presser that he was looking forward to the growth of the first year player to their second year, that is when you see the greatest growth. Think they're all on defense.

As far as Wynn, think most see him as a good move.
The RB maintains the freakishly good offense.

As usual, analyzing our draft takes consideration of not only the guys we drafted but the pros we acquired with picks (Danny Shelton, Trent Brown) so it looks a lot better when you look at the overall and none of us really know anything until we see these guys down the road apiece.

I semi-regret the baboon comment. The analogy was intended to make fun of Bill for making 8 trades that seemed somewhat pointless at the time and in the process ignored some needs that many of us would like to see addressed with big ticket rookies and therefore "wanking himself".

For instance, it was easy enough for me to imagine a 3rd and long where Duke Dawson is on the bench and we get no pass rush and the opponent converts a pass over Bentley who isn't quick enough to cover the back.

Now, in my fantasy world we could've gotten Harold Landry easily enough with some of those picks that we traded away and in the example above he swoops around the edge and destroys the play and a wild celebration ensues.

I actually do understand that he is light-years smarter than I am and just shut up, but maybe it's just too soon.

Everyone is enititled to their opinion! So you continue to wank that Baboon! And BB is not infallible. He's human and makes mistakes.

I feel better about Bentley after watching this video. It's highlights I know, not average plays from him. But he does seem faster than the NFL.com write-up led me to believe.

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/k8HZJU-uniE" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen="" width="560" height="315" frameborder="0"></iframe>

One thing he has that we've sorely missed is the ability to diagnose and stop screen plays.

I think that this is a thing now that is sort of out of control.

The vast majority of linebackers in the NFL aren't great at covering and the only guys that really seem marginalized to the point of being out of the mix are the real big inside mashers. I don't see Bentley as a slow guy at all. He looks faster than, say, Elandon Roberts who seems quick enough going straight ahead for 10 yards, but has no ability to flip his hips and go side to side and is sluggish in space.

I was also moderately impressed at the highlight clip. Bentley seems to have a knack for finding a crease and knifing through it and looks strong without the fire-hydrant body. He can "get skinny" without actually being skinny.

I never heard of the guy, but I'd be willing to see what he can do for us.

There is certainly ample opportunity at the position, because I don't think 2014 Donta Hightower is going to come walking through that door. He will be a prime candidate to get cut if it'll makes sense cap wise.

$13.5M cap hit if cut. Hightower won't get cut.

They are set up to be major players next year. As much as some may not like it, it's clear that BB and staff just didn't see much value in this year's available talent and feel good about those coming off IR.

:shrug:

These are 2 key points many are missing.
As for the OLB position, watch as new regimes cull players, including OLBs, who are not their own and who don't fit the "new" system. Happens every year. BB can sign those he sees as an upgrade.

Bentley and Sam will already push Roberts & Grigsby and could allow BB to add both to the culled pool. I, for one, wouldn't be unhappy about that.

Back