REd Zone problems

16-0patsfan

Reaction score
In the last 4 game Brady has had the team in the red zone and thrown 3 picks..My question is is Brady trying to force the ball? Playing the eagles he tried to get the ball to the receiver with 3 hanging on him. Could brady not be seeing the coverage...turning the ball over in the red zone is so unbrady like...Maybe he knows the next man up thing is getting thin and is trying to do to much?
your thoughts?:shrug_n:

In the last 4 game Brady has had the team in the red zone and thrown 3 picks..My question is is Brady trying to force the ball? Playing the eagles he tried to get the ball to the receiver with 3 hanging on him. Could brady not be seeing the coverage...turning the ball over in the red zone is so unbrady like...Maybe he knows the next man up thing is getting thin and is trying to do to much?

of course he is, he has no time to wait for guys to come open, coupled with guys not getting open= brady taking risks to try to get a td when they have the increasingly rare red zone possession.

it should be clear to everyone that brady is not the gunslinger type who can make that kind of O work. he is much much better when guys are where they are supposed to be when they are supposed to be there.

I think he's trying to do too much with what he has, which at this point is not enough. The red zone is the one place they can't afford a turnover, Tom needs to throw the ball away if nobody is open and he's trying to make something out of nothing.

Tommy had it right, if they would have just continued to run the ball I believe the outcome would have been different and it might have loosened up the passing game at the same time.

There at the 1 yard line. Instead of a QB sneak or running Blount up the gut. They try & be cute do a sweep to white lose 4 yards . Then brady forces the pass to Amendola . That results in a 100 yard pick six.

There at the 1 yard line. Instead of a QB sneak or running Blount up the gut. They try & be cute do a sweep to white lose 4 yards . Then brady forces the pass to Amendola . That results in a 100 yard pick six.

It was 99 yards, come on now...........lol.

Combo of things, guys not getting open fast enough, him having to hang onto ball with iffy oline then forcing, etc etc. After 16 years, I am not sure its not brady not seeing coverage.

Run the ball.

Tough to get a rise here, troll.......No?

Ha Ha...getting boring over there on the Mane?

Bronco fans must realize that they won't be getting the #1 seed with that schedule. Oz hasn't improved your offense......10 points from the O ain't gonna get it done, son.

Tough to get a rise here, troll.......No?

Ha Ha...getting boring over there on the Mane?

Bronco fans must realize that they won't be getting the #1 seed with that schedule. Oz hasn't improved your offense......10 points from the O ain't gonna get it done, son.

They still have to travel here come January

Blount hasn't had a carry inside the 10 yard line in 3 consecutive games.

I don't know if it's him or our OL or both, but something's not right.

The mistake was rushing to the line to run a play. That hasn't worked for several weeks now. Philly was clearly ready for it. That's the cuteness that has to stop.

The mistake was rushing to the line to run a play. That hasn't worked for several weeks now. Philly was clearly ready for it. That's the cuteness that has to stop.

Last time it worked was the buffalo game . They caught the bills CB way in the back field. Gave the ball to white on a off tackle play. Not a stupid sweep

It's the last 5 games. He didn't throw one against Denver or Buffalo.

I thought he had figured it out after two straight games. Guess not. The sad thing is, it's not like he's misunderstanding the coverages. he's intentionally throwing there "trying to make a play". "Trying to make a play" isn't typical Patriots football. Usually it's "do your job". Brady's "job" there was to throw it to the Minutemen.

I guess its all relative. Brady has 31 td's and 6 ints, and we are burning him at the stake. Cam has 25 td's and 10 ints and they are calling him the run away MVP.

You make stupid mistakes . Your going to get called out. I don't sugar coat shit. Yes forcing a ball into double coverage .that gets returned for a pick six is s stupid mistake

You make stupid mistakes . Your going to get called out. I don't sugar coat shit. Yes forcing a ball into double coverage .that gets returned for a pick six is s stupid mistake

So is heaving a ball 60 yards downfield into triple coverage.

I mean, this isn't excoriating, or "burning at the stake" - but if you can't criticize Brady at all, when it's very obviously warranted....what are we doing here? :coffee:

It's the last 5 games. He didn't throw one against Denver or Buffalo.

I thought he had figured it out after two straight games. Guess not. The sad thing is, it's not like he's misunderstanding the coverages. he's intentionally throwing there "trying to make a play". "Trying to make a play" isn't typical Patriots football. Usually it's "do your job". Brady's "job" there was to throw it to the Minutemen.
I prefer he hits that clown with the beads off the melon but the point is the same. Live another play..

Back