Redskin Postgame Thoughts

Yeah. Paul Pierce Syndrome.

I tend not to enjoy that in my football players.:coffee:
Ross Tucker, this morning on Moving the Chains, was talking about the cumulative effect of stingers (as it related to D.Ware), and how they compound each other and get worse and worse as the pinched nerve gets more and more messed up and damaged...it certainly looks to me like this is the case with Digs

Ross Tucker, this morning on Moving the Chains, was talking about the cumulative effect of stingers (as it related to D.Ware), and how they compound each other and get worse and worse as the pinched nerve gets more and more messed up and damaged...it certainly looks to me like this is the case with Digs

Me too. Stingers are effing nasty. He probably shouldn't be out there but he's taking one for the team as are a bunch of other guys. I don't question his toughness at all.

On another board, someone posted this as evidence that Fletcher had already begun his tackle and therefor shouldn't have been flagged. When I watch it, I see the exact opposite. He begins his tackle, but he intentionally lowers himself after Brady begins his slide in an effort to still give him a shot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Iv1f37dVNZ8#t=41s

I am watching a replay of the game and have a question. Apologies if this has been asked but WHY was WA allowed to ask two questions about Gronk's catch that they challenged? You can challenge BOTH if he was down by contact AND if he stepped out of bounds??

I am watching a replay of the game and have a question. Apologies if this has been asked but WHY was WA allowed to ask two questions about Gronk's catch that they challenged? You can challenge BOTH if he was down by contact AND if he stepped out of bounds??

Referee's mistake. They couldn't. Triplette, you know. (Good catch, PAZ. Very impressive!)

Referee's mistake. They couldn't. Triplette, you know. (Good catch, PAZ. Very impressive!)

Do I get a bone?;)

OK so the sidelines antics look like this.

Brady is telling Tiquan in a firm way "you have to get that".

Bill O'Brien says something really off putting and I am going to say, likely inappropriate.while waving his hands and Brady is momentarily shocked by the statement then starts ranting back. To me it looks like Brady says something to the effect of "That's your ****ing answer?" O'brien says something back and Brady screams "NO SHIT"

BB then came over and it looks like he says "shut up, just shut up" to an inflamed BOB. Watching that again..BOB made a mountain out of a molehill and though Brady should not have taken the bait , after seeing that again BOB said something RIDICULOUS to Tom and it set the whole thing off.
Hoyer steps in and is saying "Cmon".

OK that was a fun exercise.;)

PS the LINEBACKERS SUCKED FOR MOST OF THIS GAME!!

When you challenge a play they look at the whole play. They may only say one thing when explaining it but they can look at other things in the play, they look at it in it's entirety.

When you challenge a play they look at the whole play. They may only say one thing when explaining it but they can look at other things in the play, they look at it in it's entirety.

Triplette said the Redskins were challenging TWO things. He may have mis spoken but I am pretty sure teams are not allowed to do that. I'll see if I can find the wording or if you can that would be appreciated.:)

Triplette said the Redskins were challenging TWO things. He may have mis spoken but I am pretty sure teams are not allowed to do that. I'll see if I can find the wording or if you can that would be appreciated.:)
I don't know where the rule is but it's like that play vs. the Jets when they looked at one thing and noticed that Gronk stepped out of bounds. That "piece" wasn't challenged but the whole play is reviewed with a challenge.

I don't know where the rule is but it's like that play vs. the Jets when they looked at one thing and noticed that Gronk stepped out of bounds. That "piece" wasn't challenged but the whole play is reviewed with a challenge.

Yes, I understand this BBfan. My point is that the Redskins asked to have the officials look at two different reviewable parts of the play and that seems wrong. I just looked at the rule book and there is nothing that says you can review all parts of a challenged play, btw. THe rules only spell out, one by one, what is reviewable and what is not. I see nothing that instructs referees to look at all "pieces" of a play. There seems to be a lot of gray area in the "official rule" book.

Do I get a bone?;)

Bill O'Brien says something really off putting and I am going to say, likely inappropriate.while waving his hands and Brady is momentarily shocked by the statement then starts ranting back. To me it looks like Brady says something to the effect of "That's your ****ing answer?" O'brien says something back and Brady screams "NO SHIT"

BB then came over and it looks like he says "shut up, just shut up" to an inflamed BOB. Watching that again..BOB made a mountain out of a molehill and though Brady should not have taken the bait , after seeing that again BOB said something RIDICULOUS to Tom and it set the whole thing off.

PS the LINEBACKERS SUCKED FOR MOST OF THIS GAME!!

Who was the guy in teh big coat that first said something to O'Brien? Was that Hoyer? Had like a wool hat on?

Do I get a bone?;)

After the 'NO SHIT' it looks like Brady says 'He was OPEN!', right before Hoyer steps in between them. The other thing I noticed is that Underwood doesn't really look like he's arguing with Brady, just trying to explain what happened. Not sure why O'Brien even felt it necessary to interfere with his future Hall of Fame QB schooling a young'un.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uIWEsPeOnuE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

I am watching a replay of the game and have a question. Apologies if this has been asked but WHY was WA allowed to ask two questions about Gronk's catch that they challenged?
Because I'm special. ;)

James is made of glass, something we learn every week.

Looking back, I remember during the summer I said we were very deep at the safety position. I wish we knew what that was again.
We need to start running an over/under in the sports book on what time in the game the cameras will pan in on a splayed Ihedigbo lying on the field, looking like he's halfway to the afterlife, only to rise from the turf 5 minutes afterwards, and back in the game 3 plays later. Actually, now that I think about it, he could be a zombie. :zombie:

Because I'm special. ;)

We need to start running an over/under in the sports book on what time in the game the cameras will pan in on a splayed Ihedigbo lying on the field, looking like he's halfway to the afterlife, only to rise from the turf 5 minutes afterwards, and back in the game 3 plays later. Actually, now that I think about it, he could be a zombie. :zombie:

Well, he did go to UMass ... :rimshot:

So did I, by the way.

After the 'NO SHIT' it looks like Brady says 'He was OPEN!', right before Hoyer steps in between them. The other thing I noticed is that Underwood doesn't really look like he's arguing with Brady, just trying to explain what happened. Not sure why O'Brien even felt it necessary to interfere with his future Hall of Fame QB schooling a young'un.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px;">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uIWEsPeOnuE?version=3&feature=player_detailpage" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>

Because Brady made the biggest mistake, by far.

Because Brady made the biggest mistake, by far.

True. But I agree that O'Brien never should have butted in the conversation. He should have gone to Brady quietly to say what he wanted to say. I'll bet O'Brien doesn't make that mistake again! At least with cameras rolling.

Mr Kraft's take on 'BenchGate':

New England Patriots Report

Kraft's take on Brady-O'Brien spat

December, 14, 2011 Dec 14
8:00
AM ET

By Mike Reiss

Patriots owner Robert Kraft shared his view on the much-talked-about Tom Brady/Bill O'Brien fiery sideline exchange Sunday against the Redskins, speaking Tuesday night at the 18th annual Patriots Charitable Foundation Children's Holiday Party.

"Well, they are two fellows who I like a lot, passionate. They're of Irish descent and they share a common bond. I think they were speaking in Gaelic, and some of the language most of us didn't understand," Kraft said, turning to humor.

"But they're both passionate about winning. Sometimes, in great relationships, you have disagreements. You air it out. We won the game, we're 10-3, we'll try to clinch our division [in Denver Sunday] and then hopefully we can gain a bye."

As always, Mr Kraft is the voice of reason :toast:

Mr Kraft's take on 'BenchGate':

New England Patriots Report

Kraft's take on Brady-O'Brien spat

December, 14, 2011 Dec 14
8:00
AM ET

By Mike Reiss

Patriots owner Robert Kraft shared his view on the much-talked-about Tom Brady/Bill O'Brien fiery sideline exchange Sunday against the Redskins, speaking Tuesday night at the 18th annual Patriots Charitable Foundation Children's Holiday Party.

"Well, they are two fellows who I like a lot, passionate. They're of Irish descent and they share a common bond. I think they were speaking in Gaelic, and some of the language most of us didn't understand," Kraft said, turning to humor.

"But they're both passionate about winning. Sometimes, in great relationships, you have disagreements. You air it out. We won the game, we're 10-3, we'll try to clinch our division [in Denver Sunday] and then hopefully we can gain a bye."

As always, Mr Kraft is the voice of reason :toast:

ROFL Very cute with the Gaelic.:)

Back