Redskin Postgame Thoughts

Jimmy Digs would be fine if he were the 3rd safety, but he isn't supposed to be the best safety on the field. At this point, I just want Chung back and I'm still :huh: at Moore's release. Yes, he was toasted on the double move last week, but he was about 100X better at safety than anything I've seen out of Slater. If you hated his performance at CB, then don't play him there! It's not like Slater gives you anything at that position.

I find it funny how often Jimmy Digs is on the ground looking like he needs life support, only to be back on the field 3 plays later.

James is made of glass, something we learn every week.

Looking back, I remember during the summer I said we were very deep at the safety position. I wish we knew what that was again.

With all due respect, Os, I've moved on from this abomination. I can't stomach the thought of rehashing a game that had me puking on the sidelines from the 5 minute mark forward. What I learned from yesterday is the D is in fast reverse and can't possibly keep us in a playoff game against a decent QB. We're right back to 'if Brady has an off game, we're going to lose'. It was horrible having to watch it the first time and it's much too horrifying for me to think about again.

Don't underestimate the Shanny effect.

Its weird that you say the offense needs to be better but the defense got stops when they had to....if not for the offense yesterday, we are flat out blown out by a team that scores 17 points a game. So while you credit the defense for two stops the entire game, credit the offense for drives of 60 yards, 72 yards, 75 yards, 80 yards, and 80 yards again which offset their drives of 75 yards, 84 yards, 49 yards, 71 yards, 72 yards, and 71 yards.

It's weird you're gonna try and disagree with me... :coffee:

With all due respect, Os, I've moved on from this abomination. I can't stomach the thought of rehashing a game that had me puking on the sidelines from the 5 minute mark forward. What I learned from yesterday is the D is in fast reverse and can't possibly keep us in a playoff game against a decent QB. We're right back to 'if Brady has an off game, we're going to lose'. It was horrible having to watch it the first time and it's much too horrifying for me to think about again.

Perhaps it's time to move on from this game and forget about it quickly. However, IMO, I can't make any assessments on how this team, as a whole, will perform in the playoffs. They are simply not consistent enough to determine how they'd fare IMO.

The D puts pressure on the offense to perform well, then when the offense goes 3 and out they put pressure on the D to stop the other team. It goes both ways, both of them are inconsistent.

If you are going to make these statements every week that the offense is the issue and are watching the same game I am, then sorry but that is my reaction. Its the same conversation because its the same subject by you. Everything in this freaking thread is what we already know, so do not attack me when I bring up something about the game. You rehashing the game again is something we already all know, yet you jump on me for responding to a post?

Both Offense and Defense were an issue this week. :coffee:

It's weird you're gonna try and disagree with me... :coffee:

Yeah sorry about that, I found out that only some posters on here are allowed to have a difference of opinion. I will step back into my role now and just praise Owslek for his brilliance.:toast:

Jimmy Digs would be fine if he were the 3rd safety, but he isn't supposed to be the best safety on the field. At this point, I just want Chung back and I'm still :huh: at Moore's release. Yes, he was toasted on the double move last week, but he was about 100X better at safety than anything I've seen out of Slater. If you hated his performance at CB, then don't play him there! It's not like Slater gives you anything at that position.

I find it funny how often Jimmy Digs is on the ground looking like he needs life support, only to be back on the field 3 plays later.

Yeah. Paul Pierce Syndrome.

I tend not to enjoy that in my football players.:coffee:

Perhaps it's time to move on from this game and forget about it quickly. However, IMO, I can't make any assessments on how this team, as a whole, will perform in the playoffs. They are simply not consistent enough to determine how they'd fare IMO.

The D puts pressure on the offense to perform well, then when the offense goes 3 and out they put pressure on the D to stop the other team. It goes both ways, both of them are inconsistent.

Well thats normal with every team in football, but some are more balanced than others...this team not so much. The pats are second in the league in average yards per drive, which means they are probably going 3 and out less than all other teams in the league save for maybe 1...so I would say that is pretty consistent on one side.

I'll give Big Ben the benefit. He takes a pounding. He's a big dude. He's pretty tough.

PP, carried off to a locker room to come back and play fine? Not so much.

Tough players do not have to make up injuries that they do not have to make them sound like they played through pain, and then tell anyone that will listen to what they have. I would rather have a player play through injury and not say anything, we have one of those guys on this team.

Tough players do not have to make up injuries that they do not have to make them sound like they played through pain, and then tell anyone that will listen to what they have. I would rather have a player play through injury and not say anything, we have one of those guys on this team.

I agree.

But he's still tougher than PP.

Like Chev, I would like to "move on to Denver" quickly after this one. I am happy the defense spotted us 7 points. Making Three trips inside the 5 by our high-powered offense and no TDs to show for it was alarming.

Like Chev, I would like to "move on to Denver" quickly after this one. I am happy the defense spotted us 7 points. Making Three trips inside the 5 by our high-powered offense and no TDs to show for it was alarming.

Defense at the least owed us that 7 from how they were making grossman look like superman, that was the least they could do. Luckily the offense put together 7 drives that kept them off the field.

Os, to me the reason the TB call on the slide was blown up because that dope Triplette called it a blow to the head with a forearm when he announced the penalty. It wasn't that in any way shape or form. The rule is of course once the QB gives himself up by starting to slide it's a penalty to hit him. Practically speaking, I still think it was a tad questionable since Fletcher can't do anything about an action he's already started to perform pre-slide but it's the rule.

I believe I was mocked on some other thread for worrying about the BB-Shanny factor. :coffee: I definitely believe it's real. I certainly wasn't surprised they lost to SOS (Son of Shanny) the OC of Hou in 09 either.

That call on Andre Carter is one of the worst calls I have ever seen in my entire football watching life. And I think that people in Indiana, KY, Canada and PA are probably all aware I feel that way because my screaming shattered the decible limit. Triplette, IIRC is hot garbage in general.

You forgot WV & MI. Easy to do, I know.:coffee:

I keep trying to convince myself that BB knows what he's doing with the D, and that this year's team could follow in the footsteps of the Indy team a couple years ago that had a putrid D all the way through the season, winning with offense, but completely disregarded as a playoff contender due to the D --- then suddenly they turned it on in January and somehow had the best D ever.

Back