Redskins-Pats

SkinsFan86

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first post here. After a nail-biter against Arizona, which should have never gotten to that point, this scary game appears on our schedule. It's kind of a expect the worst, hope for the best situation for Redskins fans. You guys have a great team, and I was just wondering on your guys perspective of this game. I'm sure you guys are very confident, which you should be, but I would just like to hear any thoughts or comments on the game. Good luck on Sunday, though I doubt you will need it.

:Lwelcome:

There has been some preliminary talk about this game, mainly that the Skins defense may be the best defense the Pats have faced so far.

oops PM said:

:thumb: Welcome to the Planet.

I, for one, am taking this game and the next as serious tests for where this team really is right now.

Brady has never beat the Redskins on top of the fact that your defense is one of the toughest that we will face this season so I'm confident but nervous about the game.

I'm one of the Patriots fans that feel that this ride of dominance could fizzle at any moment. Don't call me a pessimist, it just feels like we're on a dream cloud right now..

I think your secondary is a great challenge and is probably the best unit from top to bottom that we'll see all year, so it'll be interesting to see if the passing attack stays as 'up' as it's been. I'm also interested to see if the running game gets utilized a bit more again this week to soften up the coverage.

Interesting game, interesting match up.

Welcome to the Planet !

As UT said, you guys have the best D and definitely the best secondary we will have faced so far.

If they collectively play at their highest level you might be able to keep the game close. If not I don't think the Skins offense can keep up with ours in a shootout.

harrisonhits on 10-22-2007 at 03:11 PM said:
Welcome to the Planet !
If not I don't think the Skins offense can keep up with ours in a shootout.

I agree. We are fairly one dimensional at this point. Our offensive line is decimated right now, and Portis hasn't received the blocking needed to open the running game up at all. Jason Campbell is going to have to show the maturity of a veteran in this game. And our defense is going to have to force turnovers. They have been playing a very coverage focused defense instead of pressuring the QB. If we let Brady have time to throw the ball, I see there being 0 chance of us being competitive.

SkinsFan86 on 10-22-2007 at 03:03 PM said:
You guys have a great team, and I was just wondering on your guys perspective of this game. I'm sure you guys are very confident, which you should be, but I would just like to hear any thoughts or comments on the game.
well look at it this way SF86, the weather is supposed to perfect for football and we don't have that pesky bad field advantage BB used to <strike>cheat with</strike> insist on anymore :D

wait.......

I just realize I called you SF86 ----- we already have an SF86 :( ----- he's SteelerFan86 (a royal PITA, plus he's a Greek :eek: )

please accept my sincere apologies for intimating that you are an armpit like he
is (since you seem like a genuine nice guy)

and

If they play like they did against Detriot, it could be a helluva game. Their defense was ridiculous in that game. If they play like they did against Green Bay or Arizona, I fear for their safety.

I hope I get to watch this game. I'm curious...

:wave: HI!

I heard there was a game, but most of us are concentrating on the Red Sox/Rockies World Series to be worried about football.

Do you mean the game coming up where Boston College is playing at Virginia Tech?

Welcome to the Planet SkinsFan. A lot of us have been wanting to see how our receivers can do against a really good secondary. The Skins should provide us with some answers as to how good our offense really is. I think the Pats will win, but the 16 point spread may be a bit high.

How do the Skins fans feel about their team this year?

Well, the last game that the Pats lost immediately prior to the 21 game win streak a couple of years back was to the Redskins.

You can bet the guys will be ready for payback for that one.

Re: Re: Redskins-Pats

RoadGrader on 10-22-2007 at 02:16 PM said:

I just realize I called you SF86 ----- we already have an SF86 :( ----- he's SteelerFan86 (a royal PITA, plus he's a Greek :eek: )

Not only that, but he's SF87.

Rough weekend there, buddy?

The Redskins are lookin good. There's a thread somewhere here on the Planet that proves it. Just do a search and you will find said thread.

Annihilus* on 10-22-2007 at 02:23 PM said:
Well, the last game that the Pats lost immediately prior to the 21 game win streak a couple of years back was to the Redskins.

You can bet the guys will be ready for payback for that one.

That's what I was thinking.

I can still see Larry Centers waving his arms ... "I'm Open!, I'm Open"!

Re: Re: Re: Redskins-Pats

Annihilus* on 10-22-2007 at 03:24 PM said:
Not only that, but he's SF87.

Rough weekend there, buddy?
oh yeah.....SteelerFan87

so I guess SF86 is and alway was in the clear then :thumb: :thumb:

a second and more sincere :Lwelcome: SF86

but SF87 is still an armpit PITA

Re: Re: Redskins-Pats

RoadGrader on 10-22-2007 at 03:16 PM said:

87 (or 22, depending on the week).

Edit: Already been pointed out, just kidding.

Captain Morgan on 10-22-2007 at 03:29 PM said:
That's what I was thinking.

I can still see Larry Centers waving his arms ... "I'm Open!, I'm Open"!

Wow, nice memory, you're right, he was wide open, he could run easily for the 1st down. Not sure why Brady tried to squeeze the pass to the receiver.

SkinsFan86 on 10-22-2007 at 03:03 PM said:
Hey guys, this is my first post here. After a nail-biter against Arizona, which should have never gotten to that point, this scary game appears on our schedule. It's kind of a expect the worst, hope for the best situation for Redskins fans. You guys have a great team, and I was just wondering on your guys perspective of this game. I'm sure you guys are very confident, which you should be, but I would just like to hear any thoughts or comments on the game. Good luck on Sunday, though I doubt you will need it.

You doubt we'll need it? Let's look back to September 28, 2003, the last time our two teams played.

You had Steve Spurrier as HC and Patrick Ramsay at QB. We had...ok, nothing has changed there for us. Both teams were 2-1 coming into week 4 and hardly anybody expected the Spurrier led Redskins to beat BB and Company.

Final score: Washington 20 NE 17

I may be mistaken, but I believe the 'Skins are the only team that the BB/Brady hook up have yet to beat. Spurrier is loooong gone, in his place, the Legendary Mr. Gibbs.

That said, NE rectifies this, winning by 28 points. :D

Here's to a well played, injury-free game from both teams. :thumb:

dchester on 10-22-2007 at 03:19 PM said:
Welcome to the Planet SkinsFan. A lot of us have been wanting to see how our receivers can do against a really good secondary. The Skins should provide us with some answers as to how good our offense really is. I think the Pats will win, but the 16 point spread may be a bit high.

How do the Skins fans feel about their team this year?

It's really varying week by week. Cautiously optimistic. They always come out strong in the first half, but have been playing way too conservative in the second half with a lead (Giants, Packers). The only complete game they played was vs. Detroit. Overall, we're pleasantly surprised and pretty happy about being 4-2 after 6 games.

tmack on 10-22-2007 at 03:16 PM said:
I hope I get to watch this game. I'm curious...

TMack, if you have Direct TV, it'll be on channel 389 at 4:00 pm (Eastern time).

Back