Report: Adrian Peterson is interested in signing a team-friendly deal with the Pats

I think AP has a lot of mileage on him. And I'm troubled by who you get rid of to fit him in.
There is NFW James white goes, Bolden is a ST stud, Dion Lewis ain't going anywhere. That leaves Blount. What do you gain losing Blount and picking up another high mileage guy who's actually older than Blount?
Makes no sense.

I think AP has a lot of mileage on him. And I'm troubled by who you get rid of to fit him in.
There is NFW James white goes, Bolden is a ST stud, Dion Lewis ain't going anywhere. That leaves Blount. What do you gain losing Blount and picking up another high mileage guy who's actually older than Blount?
Makes no sense.

If Blount is to leave I would prefer a back out of college over Peterson - Give me James Connor with a 3rd round comp pick.

I posted the graphic to show how prevalent DV is in the league just in reported cases and arrests much less the ones that never get reported.

My feeling toward the whole "morality of player" issues is one of complete apathy. I watch the game because I love football knowing full well that most NFL players are shady in some respect or another or in other cases out right pieces of dirt (i.e. Hardy, Hernandez, Ray Lewis, Ray Rice, any player named "Ray") which is why I am always amazed when people pull the morality card as the NFL is the LAST place anyone should be looking for morality as a reason why they watch the game or root for their team. The point of the league is to win not to have a team full of choir boys. If it really bothered me that much, I would find something else to do with my time on Sundays and in the off-season.

That being said, I do appreciate the Patriots and how they look for character players most of the time but we all know that is because character guys make for better players and locker room influences which directly correlates to winning.

That is because I think Bill tells them "you have a clean slate, do not Fvck up here and we will get along" and we all like the chance to start over.

Sign AP ALL DAY BABY

I could not care less about what happened with his kid, dudes a Hall of Fame running back who has put up insane numbers being essentially the entire Minnesota Vikings offense for the last 10 years. I think he'd be great on the Pats.

Putting AP's character aside, if the Pats want a 1 dimensional RB on the wrong side of 30, Blount is cheaper, a great teammate and loves being in NE.
No thanks.

@ chevss, I wouldn't hold the "whipping" thing against him because I do understand that a lot of people have been raised with corporal punishment (though I don't agree with it). But if you make your 3 year old child BLEED from his GENITALS, that's flat out abuse to me. Aside from that, he seems to be a me first kind of guy and I'm not down with that.

I would have rather had Jackson (in their primes). Power runner who could catch. AP, not so much. Drafting guys in round 1 who are not every down players is a non starter for me for the most part.

Hard to say on this one. How much does he have left, can he stay healthy, but I mean in theory he could not be worse than Blount has been in the playoffs lately. It would be nice to have a back that could get yards and not get stopped over and over until the team gets behind and then just make Brady throw every down to get back in the game.

As far as this discussion goes, I don't care about theoretical players on the Patriots beating their wives. As far as this discussion is concerned the only point that matters is actual Patriots beating their wives.
I'm not sure that I'm onboard with it's okay to beat your kid as long as it doesn't become public knowledge, but I do think that if you do something wrong and then stop doing it, at some point the guy deserves a chance to move on after doing your penance/time.

I'm not sure that I'm onboard with it's okay to beat your kid as long as it doesn't become public knowledge, but I do think that if you do something wrong and then stop doing it, at some point the guy deserves a chance to move on after doing your penance/time.

To me it depends on the infraction. Dogs and kids are kinda the mortal sin, its hard for me to forgive hurting one of those. I get what you are saying, but yeah I would have mixed feelings, but then, its not my call.

subroc said:
As far as this discussion goes, I don't care about theoretical players on the Patriots beating their wives. As far as this discussion is concerned the only point that matters is actual Patriots beating their wives.

I can't see how you get to there from reading what I wrote. My point isn't it is OK to beat your wife as long as nobody knows. My point is these theoretical players don't exist. Claiming there are some there doesn't make it so.

I would pass on AP.

He's got 10 seasons in the league at this point. (More than Dillon had when they brought him in back in 2004.) He's at that stage now where he might have a little something left, but given his injury history over the past few years, I doubt it. We're seeing Brady reset the bar for QBs playing into their 40s but with RBs I think it's different.

I can't see how you get to there from reading what I wrote. My point isn't it is OK to beat your wife as long as nobody knows. My point is these theoretical players don't exist. Claiming there are some there doesn't make it so.
Sometimes it's hard to figure out what people are saying. Someone said that 50% of NFL players had a history of DV, so it wass a virtual certainty that some Pats players do. I don't know about that, but I parsed your reply:

I don't care about theoretical players on the Patriots beating their wives. As far as this discussion is concerned the only point that matters is actual Patriots beating their wives.

to mean that if you don't know which actual Pats have a history of DV, then you don't care if there are other (theoretical/unknown) ones. Now that I reread it carefully, I still don't know what you are saying. For me, it's pretty simple. Either there are some Pats with a history of DV or there are not. It's this theoretical/actual business I don't understand.

Back