Report: Adrian Peterson is interested in signing a team-friendly deal with the Pats

HarpoonIPA

ハープーンIPA &#1249
Reaction score
The New England Patriots aren't necessarily looking for running back help this offseason, but that doesn't mean they aren't interested in the best free agent available.

Former Minnesota Vikings running back Adrian Peterson is reportedly interested in signing a team-friendly deal to join the Patriots to try to win a Super Bowl, according to Karen Guregian of the Boston Herald.
---------
Any thoughts

I heard this a week ago but was asked not to make it public.
There's real interest on both sides from what I was told.

How about him AND Blount? With White and Lewis? That'd be almost unfair...

He'll be 32 in a couple of weeks. So, one-year, "incentive-laden." Maybe.

How's his blocking?

Over the hill running back with knee problems, fumbles regularly and has baggage? Sure. sign him up!! :)

Fred Taylor 2.0?

This was my very first thought. If you can get him cheaper than Blount, why not. I'd still much rather get a late round/UFA guy like James Conner.

I never even put any thought into this because I figured he would be looking to maximize his money. That would be crazy if he would be willing to sign a team friendly deal. Maybe winning means more than money to him. I really like Blount but if it came down to him or Peterson, I think that would be a no brainer.

Man, the RB market may be the worst market in all of pro sports. I am fine with picking up AP on the cheap. Have him and Blount as a 1/2 punch and Lewis and White as our pass catching RBs. Sweet.

Back