Revis is officially a BUM

I love Revis, he deserves more money from the Jets, he took the heat off the QB position.

Pay the man, extend him!! Keep the Jets the Jesters.

I'm shocked Revis didn't pull up clutching his leg when he was torched.

The reports were true. They said he lost his step. Making up with great technique. Last year he struggled covering the underneath routes. 39 mill in guaranteed money well spent .

Revis's job is to cover the #1 guy.

For sure and Green clearly won yesterday.

I guess all I was saying is that having a bad day against one of the best WRs doesn't automatically make someone a bum. If this keeps up, sure, but declaring so after one bad game seems a little knee jerk to me.

JMO.

For sure and Green clearly won yesterday.

I guess all I was saying is that having a bad day against one of the best WRs doesn't automatically make someone a bum. If this keeps up, sure, but declaring so after one bad game seems a little knee jerk to me.

JMO.

The thread title was intentional hyperbole. But at this point given how Revis looked last year losing a step and now not just a bad day but a horrific day vs Green, he is entering the territory of just being no longer an elite CB but even a serviceable one. Not sure if you watched the game but it was not just his covering abilities but also his tackling was atrocious. Part of me believes he went to NY to get paid and be fat and happy. I just don't see the intensity from the guy anymore and he looks heavier which he did last year as well.

But you right one game. He should have an easier time vs the Bills given Watkins won't play.

The thread title was intentional hyperbole. But at this point given how Revis looked last year losing a step and now not just a bad day but a horrific day vs Green, he is entering the territory of just being no longer an elite CB but even a serviceable one. Not sure if you watched the game but it was not just his covering abilities but also his tackling was atrocious. Part of me believes he went to NY to get paid and be fat and happy. I just don't see the intensity from the guy anymore and he looks heavier which he did last year as well.

But you right one game. He should have an easier time vs the Bills given Watkins won't play.

There are all these stat geeks out there. Can anyone tell when any CB in single coverage was 0-10 or worse defending any guy?

For sure. For the record I'm not so much defending Revis specifically as I'm suggesting we pump the breaks on declaring players busts/the best evah based on small sample sizes.

I mean, remember a few years ago when the Pats had a few games where they played like dog shit and the national narrative was how the run was over? How'd that end up working out? Lots of people ended up looking really silly didn't they?

Personally, when guys have played at an elite level for a significant amount of time, I like to let them make it obvious they can't play before I declare it so. Same thing with new players. Let's see you string a couple seasons of elite play before we commission the HOF bust. (Andrew Luck notwithstanding since he's the best player in the history of ever... :) )

For sure. For the record I'm not so much defending Revis specifically as I'm suggesting we pump the breaks on declaring players busts/the best evah based on small sample sizes.

I mean, remember a few years ago when the Pats had a few games where they played like dog shit and the national narrative was how the run was over? How'd that end up working out? Lots of people ended up looking really silly didn't they?

Personally, when guys have played at an elite level for a significant amount of time, I like to let them make it obvious they can't play before I declare it so. Same thing with new players. Let's see you string a couple seasons of elite play before we commission the HOF bust. (Andrew Luck notwithstanding since he's the best player in the history of ever... :) )

You took my title WAY too serious. Lots of sarcasm in my all caps "BUM." We always like to poke fun at the Jests anytime we can.

You took my title WAY too serious. Lots of sarcasm in my all caps "BUM." We always like to poke fun at Luck anytime we can.

fyp :coffee:

Nothing slips through the crack with me. popcorn

No one's calling Revis a bust, and there is a huge sample size for him, more than enough to show a trend, and that trend is not a happy one.

Think of him like Bob Sanders. No one would EVER call him a bust, but put him out on the field next week and ... to put it kindly ... you might be inclined to say his future is all in the past.

Ditto for Revis. Was great. Now is more a part of the problem than the solution.

Not that he needs me slurping his balls but this really speaks to Bill's greatness doesn't it:coffee:

2 years ago Revis wasn't that much different than what we all saw yesterday. Revis with the Patriots was in no way shape or form a true shut down corner. Which is a myth but anyway. Bill used him on different guys and in different ways. He played to his strength, for that one season and literally got the most out of him in his entire career. Then the jets overpaid like fools when it was in front of their face.

He'll go the HOF as a jet but he'll be wearing a Patriots ring and again his last best season was with the Patriots.

Define Irony :shrug_n:

Not that he needs me slurping his balls but this really speaks to Bill's greatness doesn't it:coffee:

2 years ago Revis wasn't that much different than what we all saw yesterday. Revis with the Patriots was in no way shape or form a true shut down corner. Which is a myth but anyway. Bill used him on different guys and in different ways. He played to his strength, for that one season and literally got the most out of him in his entire career. Then the jets overpaid like fools when it was in front of their face.

He'll go the HOF as a jet but he'll be wearing a Patriots ring and again his last best season was with the Patriots.

Define Irony :shrug_n:

I said this back when Revis resigned with the Jets, but if he was really interested in extending his career and getting the most out of his final years with a chance at another ring or two he should have stayed with Bill. As you say, Bill saw him slipping in 2014 and had him in zone, had him on the #2 receiver in some games, gave him safety help at other times. In short, Revis still looked like Revis for the most part which is why he was able to fleece the Jets but man, if there ever was a player who just let the golden egg roll away it was Revis. I certainly do not begrudge him for wanting his money as he has always wanted his money but his legacy as you say will have its highest point when he was a Pat and that could have continued. Perhaps on his HoF bust they can put some dollar bills attached to his ears. That would be fitting for him.

You took my title WAY too serious. Lots of sarcasm in my all caps "BUM." We always like to poke fun at the Jests anytime we can.

They make it so easy. Remember when they referred to Butt Fumble as the Sanchize after he won his first game and didn't throw up on himself while doing it? Must be a New York thing, because Yankees and Mets fans do the same thing. Only fan base up there that seems to have even an ounce of perspective is the Giants.

I think I read somewhere a long time ago that Revis really likes NY and playing for the Jets. Whatever the case, and as mentioned, he could have finished his career here and gotten the chance for a couple of more rings.

I'm glad the Patriots were able to get that 1 great year from him and he was a part of a Patriots SB winning team. I have no ill will against the guy, and I was pissed the day the Jets drafted him because the Patriots were a few picks later and it was a position of need for the Patriots at the time.

I loved Revis when he was here and wish we could have had him his entire career. I don't think we win SB 49 without him so it was a great one year marriage of convenience. He got his ring and got paid so I don't think he cares about more rings to be honest.

Back