Revis?

No man is an island? Ask not for whom the bell tolls?

He hasn't near the speed to be left on an island anymore, but even in 2015 he was used pretty well as the front half of a double team. Has he got even that much left? I don't know, really. I wouldn't mind if they brought him into camp to find out.

I don't want him.

The prime reason is not that he runs his mouth and went to the Jets or anything, but because he didn't have enough pride in himself to give it his all.

He just doesn't give a shit anymore and even if he allowed himself to give up due to the massive dysfunction in New Jersey (especially after playing here) then it's still a really bad sign that he quit on his team and himself like that.

Still, I won't be shocked if we give him a shot.

It doesn't make any logical sense that he fell off the table like that at his age. It's possible that he is still a plus player, but I don't need the drama and we can survive quite nicely without him.

I don't want him.

The prime reason is not that he runs his mouth and went to the Jets or anything, but because he didn't have enough pride in himself to give it his all.

He just doesn't give a shit anymore and even if he allowed himself to give up due to the massive dysfunction in New Jersey (especially after playing here) then it's still a really bad sign that he quit on his team and himself like that.

Still, I won't be shocked if we give him a shot.

It doesn't make any logical sense that he fell off the table like that at his age. It's possible that he is still a plus player, but I don't need the drama and we can survive quite nicely without him.
THIS.

I don't want him or the drama at all.

I wouldn't mind. See: 1) At a minimum contract, the Jets would be paying for most of his salary. The schadenfraude is awesome if he makes it and plays well. 2) If he fails with Belichick, I'd like to be able to say, "Well, the Patriots ended his career."

No guarantees to make the team.
That's the only way I would want him. Sign him, watch him get burned by UDFA slappies in pre-season games, then cut him before opening day when his salary becomes guaranteed.

It sounds as though he'd come cheap. Provided he's in shape, I don't see much downside to bringing him in for a look/see. And, should Butler leave, an experienced, and in-shape, Revis would likely make an ideal CB to use (with safety help) to cover the opposition's #1 WR ..... with Gilmore doing his thing opposite.

I called him Whore24 when he left and ran his mouth. Maybe if he got down on his knees and asked for forgiveness, I might be able to look at Whore24 in a Patriots uniform. I'm not sure.

I look at him as a Redbox rental, not a Patriot.

I called him Whore24 when he left and ran his mouth. Maybe if he got down on his knees and asked for forgiveness, I might be able to look at Whore24 in a Patriots uniform. I'm not sure.

Do people even do Redbox? The one near my local Stop and Shop always looks so lonely.

Do people even do Redbox? The one near my local Stop and Shop always looks so lonely.

I've never used it but I have seen people use them. You see them at supermarkets and even outside some mini-gas stores.

But, that is what Whore24 reminds me of.

He is probably a hall of fame candidate when he retires.

So the question then becomes, if we do bring him in, and he/we win another Superbowl, giving him 2 rings with the Pats, does he enter the HoF as a Jet or Pat?

I say no because the above question makes my head explode.
He's a first ballot HOFer no matter what he does.

I'm over his drama but IBIT.

He's not physical enough to play safety and he's not fast enough to play corner any more. Personally, at his age and wealth it's difficult for me to believe that he can once again be motivated to be 75% of the talent he once was.

No guarantees with an incentive-laden contract is all I'd offer but I'd stay awake nights wondering if he pulled one over on me just as he did the Jets 2 years ago.

He won't be here to play safety, that I can promise you.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I guess #2 boundary corner, with Butler covering the slot now? (since Gilmore is really a boundary corner too). I love him as a depth piece though, on 3rd downs. If it's 3rd and 28, and you're a QB, you'll think for just an instant before heaving your prayer at Revis.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

This isn't going to happen, and you, and other like you, are going to need to get over it.

He's a first ballot HOFer no matter what he does.

He is and his stand out highlight of his hall worthy career will be the ring he won with the Pats.

He is and his stand out highlight of his hall worthy career will be the ring he won with the Pats.

It's pretty funny, actually. "Lifelong Face of the Franchise New York Jet" is going to have a highlight reel which consists of being a Patriot, and getting torched by Randy Moss, and then pulling up with the fake hamstring pull. :coffee:

It's pretty funny, actually. "Lifelong Face of the Franchise New York Jet" is going to have a highlight reel which consists of being a Patriot, and getting torched by Randy Moss, and then pulling up with the fake hamstring pull. :coffee:

When they show his Jets highlights, it will just be checks and money signs that flash across the screen.

He won't be here to play safety, that I can promise you.

Like I said earlier in this thread, I guess #2 boundary corner, with Butler covering the slot now? (since Gilmore is really a boundary corner too). I love him as a depth piece though, on 3rd downs. If it's 3rd and 28, and you're a QB, you'll think for just an instant before heaving your prayer at Revis.

---------- Post added at 10:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 PM ----------

This isn't going to happen, and you, and other like you, are going to need to get over it.
No we don't.

The prospect of a rejuvenated Revis coming back and winning another ring on a subsidized Jets dime is too funny not to wish for.

Back