Romantic gestures

I think he is going to find himself locked out of a lot of threads soon

Not to tell you your job, but I'm at a loss to understand why this guy who routinely antagonises and demeans others, contributes nothing and is manifestly only here to :stirpot: is still able to post anywhere other than the AA.

Not to tell you your job, but I'm at a loss to understand why this guy who routinely antagonises and demeans others, contributes nothing and is manifestly only here to :stirpot: is still able to post anywhere other than the AA.

This.

After 29 years married, I find it's the little things that count. I loved the card idea, but just anticipating each others needs goes a long way.
I send little xoxox texts all the time.
I will try to cook her a meal and have it on the table with candles and a glass of wine when she's working late and I know she's beat.
Go out and detail her car, wash, wax, vacuum, leave a little note on the seat for her.
If she goes out with the girls, stay home and wash, dry and fold all her clothes for her.
Not a big Valentines Day fan, and neither is she, we call it a Hallmark holiday, but when I can I will show up at her office with flowers and deliver them myself. Screw paying someone else to do it. I've done that on her birthday too.
I got her a really nice ring at Christmas and boxed it up with a little note that told her I knew all the little things she does for me, and thanks.

It works for us, what can I say. We lasted this long.

I usually do handmade cards, with poetry in them.

Roses Are Red, Violets are Blue
When I get home from work I'm gonna
**** your ***** while you **** my ****,
and then we're gonna ****
on the kitchen counter,
Where you're gonna cook for me later

:coffee:

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Seriously, though, what I usually do is think about something that, over the previous year, she either wanted to have or do (but doesn't get to have it or do it for one reason or another) and make it happen. It tells her that I pay attention to her.

on the kitchen counter,

:coffee:

---------- Post added at 05:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 AM ----------

Seriously, though, what I usually do is think about something that, over the previous year, she either wanted to have or do (but doesn't get to have it or do it for one reason or another) and make it happen. It tells her that I pay attention to her.

Same Idea a little more seriously. :LOL:

For Lori for 44 years, for all occasions, I buy a locally made card from some good local artists, (thereby supporting art and the local economy as side benefit) in BLANK format. I write a considered message from the heart. If art is needed, it'll be my own hand-drawn kindergarten level art-work.

Have never, will never, hire Hallmark to speak for me.

Cheers, BostonTim

Personally, I love getting cards. Kudos to the OP. What a great idea to hide them around the house so she will stumble upon them when she leasts expects it and it will brighten her day.

My husband and I went to a marriage conference years ago over Valentine's Day weekend and as a memento from the conference we got a little red mailbox that has the flag on the side. We were told to use the box to write little messages to each other and put them in the mailbox and put the flag up so the other would know a message was waiting for them. It was a great idea and was a nice way for us to encourage each other.

Also, I remember reading awhile back that Andre Agassi got a chalk board for his kitchen and he would write little love messages to his wife, Steffi Graf every morning so she could read them when she got up with the kids. I thought that was a pretty cool idea too.

on the kitchen counter,

You need to hurry up and send this to Hallmark.

Men.

Freaking clueless. Except for BostonSports, who is remarkably attuned to sentimental value.
Finally, a woman to ask this to.

I'm curious, is it best to give her the present before, or after she cooks dinner? I've never been sure about this one.

:shrug_n:

Finally, a woman to ask this to.

I'm curious, is it best to give her the present before, or after she cooks dinner? I've never been sure about this one.

:shrug_n:

If you had any class you'd send her out for a pizza. It's Valentine's Day for crying out loud.

Cheers

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JwCbbMgp3Lw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Works for me... :)

With V-Day just around the corner thought I would start a thread to give other members some ideas to put a little spark or surprise in your significant others life.So what do you do on a regular basis for your better half? Myself every Sunday I go out and pick up a romantic greeting card for my wife. I take it home fill it out and then hide it somewhere inside the house. Some places a little harder than others. As the days week's and months go by my wife will stumble across a few of them. I figure if I happen to go before her she will still be getting cards from me when I am long gone. I have been doing this for about 2 1/2 years now.

I think this is really nice and I like it so much I'm gonna take it. It's like a win-win. Whenever she cleans up she'll find a card. And if I clean up I can hide it elsewhere to keep the game going

With V-Day just around the corner thought I would start a thread to give other members some ideas to put a little spark or surprise in your significant others life.So what do you do on a regular basis for your better half? Myself every Sunday I go out and pick up a romantic greeting card for my wife. I take it home fill it out and then hide it somewhere inside the house. Some places a little harder than others. As the days week's and months go by my wife will stumble across a few of them. I figure if I happen to go before her she will still be getting cards from me when I am long gone. I have been doing this for about 2 1/2 years now.

I'd like to try that but since we moved into our 200 sqft tiny house, I don't think they'd fit. :coffee:

Seriously? What a great thing to do!

Cheers, BostonTim

Gee, I thought that guys like you only existed in novels and movies. :bow: If we ever get to Texas, I want you to talk to my husband.

Seriously, what man would think that a pasta pot would be a good Valentine's Day gift?

The answer: My husband.

And, I won't even get started on the year he gave me a push mower for my birthday.

Things have improved since then, but that's only because my daughter has taken over the role of personal shopper. Now, I actually get nice gifts that are wrapped or in a pretty bag as opposed to still being in the plastic bag from the store.

Gee, I thought that guys like you only existed in novels and movies. :bow: If we ever get to Texas, I want you to talk to my husband.

Seriously, what man would think that a pasta pot would be a good Valentine's Day gift?

And, I won't even get started on the year he gave me a push mower for my birthday.

Things have improved since then, but that's only because my daughter has taken over the role of personal shopper. Now, I actually get nice gifts that are wrapped or in a pretty bag as opposed to still being in the plastic bag from the store.

You should get him a 'Valentine's Day Participant' banner :coffee:

Some men like practical gifts for themselves so they have it in their heads that wifey would appreciate the same thing.

I am pretty non girly when it comes to most stuff, and amount of $$ spent isn't a big thing to me but if you get me a vacuum or something, the locks get changed while you are out. ROFL

Back