Rumor: Protesters headed to the AFCCG

PatsFanLisa

No filter
Reaction score
Boston protesters could disrupt traffic to AFC title game

Posted by Mike Florio on January 16, 2015, 10:23 AM EST
Protests
AP
As Sunday’s AFC title game approaches in Foxboro, protesters who have begun blocking traffic and train service in and around Boston could make things interesting for those trying to get to Gillette Stadium.

Last Saturday, supporters of the “Black Lives Matter” movement stopped a commuter train in Dedham, Massachusetts that was bound for the site of the Ravens-Patriots game. Protesters occupied the track for 4.5 minutes, reflecting the 4.5 hours that Michael Brown lay dead in the streets of Ferguson, Missouri after being shot by a police officer last August.

more...

I really want this to happen. I really want these fools to attempt to block the commuter rail heading to the game. I really want them to attempt to block Rte. 1 N and S. You know why? Because this ain't the Expressway, people. This is the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. And if nothing else, we're not passive people sitting on a highway at 7:30 in the morning trying to get to our jobs. We're the lunatic fringe, Patriot Nation, ready to go watch our guys do battle on the field, needing to get to the tailgate hours in advance to lube up and get loud. We will steamroll these self-centered attention whores who THINK they can get in our way. We will get out of our cars or off the train when it rolls to a stop, and we will drag their asses and throw them in a ditch. We will throw shit at them.

Do not get in our way. We are Patriots fans. You are picking the wrong crowd.

I'm not throwing poo.

You gotta pick it up. And then when you throw it if it isn't nice and firm it's gonna lose shape and get all over your hand. And there's no sink around, so you're stuck with a stinky hand. When you get to the gate they'll probably turn you away for health concerns. You'll be stuck wandering up and down Rt 1 with a hand caked in dry duty.

Nope.

Not gonna do it.

I really want this to happen. I really want these fools to attempt to block the commuter rail heading to the game. I really want them to attempt to block Rte. 1 N and S. You know why? Because this ain't the Expressway, people. This is the CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. And if nothing else, we're not passive people sitting on a highway at 7:30 in the morning trying to get to our jobs. We're the lunatic fringe, Patriot Nation, ready to go watch our guys do battle on the field, needing to get to the tailgate hours in advance to lube up and get loud. We will steamroll these self-centered attention whores who THINK they can get in our way. We will get out of our cars or off the train when it rolls to a stop, and we will drag their asses and throw them in a ditch. We will throw shit at them.

WE ARE LEGION :cuss:

I always hated people who protest by hurting innocent people. If you have a problem with the police go protest in front of a police station, don't screw over innocent people who are just trying to enjoy a football game and have nothing to do with what you're protesting.

Question.

How would you notice if traffic on Route 1 was being blocked? :D

They should throw themselves in front a full speed train.

Then they could be martyrs for something. :coffee:

This would be me.

1LpZF8L.gif

Sad part is I bet 8 out of 10 minimum would fail the most basic 10 question quiz about the incident.

People will jump on board just to create a disturbance. Raise a ruckus. Bother The Man.

I could easily visualize beatings at the hands of the irate. My guess is the law anticipated this and is ready.

I could easily visualize beatings at the hands of the irate. My guess is the law anticipated this and is ready.

I would think so. Still, it could get really, really ugly were it to happen. Blood in the streets ugly.

There would be several major differences

The entire stretch of Rte 1 is already covered by law enforcement
Everyone won't be taken by surprise
Even if they managed to set something up, law enforcement has already had practice.

If they try something, it will be what they did last week, try to stop the train. It will take longer for responders to reach them, angry fans can't get off the train and no engineer is going to run the train through them. Last week, they managed to stop the train for about 30 minutes.

Back