Ryan Mallet

bostonsports

Reaction score
Starting today for the Texans. I forget what we got for him in the way of draft picks. Does our pick improve by how much he plays or performs ?

If memory serves it's a 2016 conditional seventh round pick or if Mallet plays 80% of the snaps it's a conditional sixth round pick.

Mallett played well today.

BO'B should be kissing BB's rings for that deal.

Mallett played well today.

BO'B should be kissing BB's rings for that deal.

And he should be punching himself in the face for sticking with Ryan Fitzpatrick as long as he did.

And he should be punching himself in the face for sticking with Ryan Fitzpatrick as long as he did.

Yes, except that Mallett did have to learn the playbook and all the checkoffs.

Or not using one of his many draft picks to take somebody like Jimmy G.

Anytime I hear praise for O'Brien I'm going to chuckle because he really spit the bit over the QB position this year.

Mallet had a few decent throws today, but if he ends up good enough to keep the job and make that team competitive then O'Brien fell out of a tree and landed on his feet.

I watched the Hoyer Mallett game. Hoyer reminds me of Brian Sipe, the kind of QB that uses his head, makes the throws the Defense gives him, and a guy who can win 10 games a year every year, with a good team.

I saw a guy in Mallett that has been fully groomed with all the physical talent you could ever want. I saw a QB star being born. Its too late for the Texans this season, but watch out for them next season, especially with a handful of starts this year, to build his confidence.

I have always defended Mallett from the ignorant know nothings who exist only to denigrate some players to elevate their own opinions of themselves. For what BOB paid for him, this trade will likely go down as the near equal to the Pats 199th pick in the 2000 Draft.

I watched the Hoyer Mallett game. Hoyer reminds me of Briamn Sipe, the kind of QB that uses his head, makes the throws the Defense gives him, and a guy who can win 10 games a year every year.

I saw a guy in Mallett that has been fully groomed with all the physical talent you could ever want. I saw a QB star being born. Its too late for the texzans thsi season,but watch out for them next season, especially with a handful of starts this year, to build his confidence.

I have always defended Mallett from the ignorant know nothings who exist only to denigrate some players tom elevaten their own opinions of themselves. For what BOB paid for him this trade will likely go down as the near equal to the Pats 199th pick in the 2000 Draft.

So you're saying he's a HOF shoe-in? popcorn

Sounds like it.

I'm more curious as to whether or not Chuck Pagano is a genius for tricking the Patriots into running for 246 yards.

I watched the Hoyer Mallett game. Hoyer reminds me of Briamn Sipe, the kind of QB that uses his head, makes the throws the Defense gives him, and a guy who can win 10 games a year every year.

I saw a guy in Mallett that has been fully groomed with all the physical talent you could ever want. I saw a QB star being born. Its too late for the texzans thsi season,but watch out for them next season, especially with a handful of starts this year, to build his confidence.

I have always defended Mallett from the ignorant know nothings who exist only to denigrate some players tom elevaten their own opinions of themselves. For what BOB paid for him this trade will likely go down as the near equal to the Pats 199th pick in the 2000 Draft.

Hoyer isn't even close to being in the same class as Sipe.

I watched the Hoyer Mallett game. Hoyer reminds me of Brian Sipe, the kind of QB that uses his head, makes the throws the Defense gives him, and a guy who can win 10 games a year every year, with a good team.

I saw a guy in Mallett that has been fully groomed with all the physical talent you could ever want. I saw a QB star being born. Its too late for the Texans this season, but watch out for them next season, especially with a handful of starts this year, to build his confidence.

I have always defended Mallett from the ignorant know nothings who exist only to denigrate some players to elevate their own opinions of themselves. For what BOB paid for him, this trade will likely go down as the near equal to the Pats 199th pick in the 2000 Draft.
Not even Manning is built to handle all the facepalm you just laid on the table

No, merely a Top 10 QB talent for a decade, in a League desperate for QB talent, purchased for less than the proverbial bucket of warm spit. :shrug_n:

I didn't and don't understand why BB let him go; Polo may look good for the long term, but he isn't ready today. WTF?

Unless BB likes Ryan, felt he earned a break, and wanted to give him an opportunity to show the league what he can become, just in time before the Bidding Wars begin for his post rookie contract, this coming off-season.

Or maybe that he is doing a favor for BOB.

No, merely a Top 10 QB talent for a decade, in a League desperate for QB talent, purchased for less than the proverbial bucket of warm spit. :shrug_n:

I didn't and don't understand why BB let him go; Polo may look good for the long term, but he isn't ready today. WTF?

Unless BB likes Ryan, felt he earned a break, and wanted to give him an opportunity to show the league what he can become, just in time before the Bidding Wars begin for his post rookie contract, this coming off-season.

Or maybe that he is doing a favor for BOB.

I like Mallett and hope he does well, but I think saying that you're overrating him is an understatement...

Sipe won 10 games or more once in his career. He followed up his best-of-career 11-5 campaign with a mirror image 5-11.

He is pretty much a career .500 QB.

Back