S.I.--25 Things we miss about the NFL

patsman1973

Reaction score
Hiding somewhere deep inside Ocho-Cinco's playbook
Website
www.ukpatriots.com
Apol's if this is a duplicate thread- I thought it was a kinda cool story...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/specials/remember-when/football/25things.html#?eref=T1

Single bar facemask, Barefoot kickers & when Al davis was sane !! Ahhh the memories:)

Stuff not on the list that I miss are--

1 Pat...!
300_171429.jpg

2 John Riggins style face cages.
johnriggins.jpg

3 The Houston Oilers...(& characters like Jerry Glanville)
AAHG072_16x20-PassingAction.jpg

610x.jpg

4 "throwback" neckrolls
jack-lambert.jpg

5- Seattle wearing a proper jersey.
2003864746.jpg

6- Mud...!!
1101741811_4487.jpg

I absolutely LOVED watching Zorn to Largent back in the day.
GAH! Anytime I see a pic of the Oliers that dumb azz fight song pops into my head. HOUSTON OILERS HOUSTON OILERS HOUSTON OILERS #1....and now it's there forever. Until I get rick rolled by a worse song. Or something.
But cool article, thanks! I am old. That is all. :)

I miss Howard Cosell and Monday Night Football.

It used to be OK if a commentator had a better vocabulary than 95% of his audience.

I miss ESPN. You guys remember when they were a decent sports network? The whole thing reminds me of the rise and fall of MtV.

I miss natural grass fields. No more of this puss-ass synthetic FieldTurf bullshit. Give me sloppy, muddy grass and dirt.

:shrug: Hard to have decent grass fields in some places and this new generation of field turf seems ok to me. THe field in Pitt is abominable and makes the games as we know it almost impossible to play. My only real qualm are freaking domes. Deal with the weather..

it was sunny this morning in the NW, peeing down in Birmingham (where I am now).

Talking of mud - remember the Jets game about 3 years ago, it was after that they put back in artificial turf which hadn't been used by the Pats for about 12 years.

Football should be played in the elements on natural turf, I also think they should hold a Superbowl in a cold weather City. I know it won't happen but I can dream....Patriots in a SB in Foxboro in the snow (and on grass).

:shrug: Hard to have decent grass fields in some places and this new generation of field turf seems ok to me. THe field in Pitt is abominable and makes the games as we know it almost impossible to play. My only real qualm are freaking domes. Deal with the weather..

But how would the Colts win if they had to play in the elements all the time?

:***:

Odd there was no "quote" box on your post Muse. Hrm..

Yes there is that. ANd really?? WHy the HELL did they build a dome in INDY? AZ I can KIND of sort of see it but Indy? Perfect football weather there.

Yes there is that. ANd really?? WHy the HELL did they build a dome in INDY? AZ I can KIND of sort of see it but Indy? Perfect football weather there.

They are wimps, can't deal with the temperature and how else can they pipe in noise and adjust other technical difficulties on other teams

Good question. It's my understanding from some of our resident Colts fans is that they had to build a multi-use facility because they host the NCCA B-ball Final Four.

Good question. It's my understanding from some of our resident Colts fans is that they had to build a multi-use facility because they host the NCCA B-ball Final Four.

It is true ..they use it for ALL kinds of events as does U of Phoenix Stadium. Makes sense in that way I guess.

I cant quite understand why you guys cant get decent fields (Chicagos is pretty rubbish as well), is it too cold......

Maybe you need a couple of the groundsmen from some of the English soccer teams who are use to preparing fields in the cold and wet.:)

Back