Scott Weiland, dead at 48

Had a chance to see STP back in March. Didn't go, was right in the middle of moving, thought I'd have another opportunity. Sucks.

I have no idea who that is. :shrug:

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V5UOC0C0x8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I figured this would be the one song just about anybody would have heard by them.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/V5UOC0C0x8Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I figured this would be the one song just about anybody would have heard by them.

Yeah, I know who STP is, even if I never cared for that style of music. But until 5 minutes ago, I couldn't have named a single band member, so the name didn't click.

We all have our favorites and when one of our favorites goes, it feels a bit personal. Most of us from an older generation know exactly where we were when we heard that Lennon had been killed.

I loved STP growing up, but the only thing shocking about this is that he lasted till 48 (heroin)

I loved STP growing up, but the only thing shocking about this is that he lasted till 48 (heroin)

Been listening to 'Core' all day. Match that up against some of the later STP stuff and Velvet Revolver and it's really obvious how badly drugs fvcked him up. Had such an amazing voice at one time.

Been listening to 'Core' all day. Match that up against some of the later STP stuff and Velvet Revolver and it's really obvious how badly drugs fvcked him up. Had such an amazing voice at one time.

To those saying "it's not surprising", no, it's not surprising, but it's still pretty ****ing sad.

I feel like I did when I found out Layne Staley died.

To those saying "it's not surprising", no, it's not surprising, but it's still pretty ****ing sad.

Right.

Though personally I was bummed with Staley more. I do like STP, but Alice...

Sure. It's a different kind of sad than when someone normally dies young because it doesn't include the shock normally associated with dying young.

Very sad when people lose themselves.

Speaking of Layne Staley, I have a Alice in Chains video collection and when you look at early videos, then see what he looks like the "Again" video it's shocking. Like they had to prop him up or something he looked so bad. then I'd play something from Facelift or Dirt and you can't believe it's the same dude.

definitely the same level. Sad to see guys so young and with so much talent destroy themselves.

Right.

Well yeah, I'm the same way. Still, he's one of "the" frontmen from that time, and had a hell of a career.

It's all up to you now, Chris Cornell.

Speaking of Layne Staley, I have a Alice in Chains video collection and when you look at early videos, then see what he looks like the "Again" video it's shocking. Like they had to prop him up or something he looked so bad. then I'd play something from Facelift or Dirt and you can't believe it's the same dude.

Watch the "Unplugged" if you get a chance. They literally had to prop him up for that one.

Right.

Glad I got to see them before he got too fvcked up. Had one of the great concert runs- saw them, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden all within a 5 week stretch at Ritchie Coliseum at U of MD.

Glad I got to see them before he got too fvcked up. Had one of the great concert runs- saw them, Pearl Jam, and Soundgarden all within a 5 week stretch at Ritchie Coliseum at U of MD.

You're one of the lucky few. They didn't tour much.

I guess he finally fell to pieces.

One of the more underrated front men in rock, imo. A pity. This song says it all.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/9JhsUFuqbCM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back