Seattle!!

bideau

Offering friendly advice
Reaction score
Seattle! Seattle!

Can't believe it's Thursday and there's no thread yet. If I missed one, we can BT this thread.

First injury report. In yesterday's press conference, Carroll already rule Bennett out for Sunday.

WEDNESDAY, NOVEMBER 9, 2016
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (7-1)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
No Players Listed.

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
TE Martellus Bennett - Ankle
DT Alan Branch - Back
WR Julian Edelman - Foot

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (5-2-1)

DID NOT PARTICIPATE
DE Michael Bennett - Knee
DE Cassius Marsh - Ankle
TE Jimmy Graham - Not Injury Related

LIMITED PARTICIPATION
RB Thomas Rawls - Fibula
TE Luke Wilson - Knee

FULL PARTICIPATION
​OT Bradley Sowell - Knee
QB Russell Wilson - Knee
SS Kam Chancellor - Groin
CB DeAndre Elliott - Hamstring

I'm not impressed with them so far. Their top road points so far was 27 at the Jests. And I can't see them holding Brady and the offense under 27 since they've given up 25 to the Bills and Saints and 24 to the Falcons. Patriots 33, Seahawks 24.

You know it's gonna be a though game against the Seattle Zebras. Hope we playcall to protect Gostkowski.

The weather should be perfect for both tailgating (begins at 4:00) and the game. Clear skies, light breeze, daytime temps in the mid-50's falling through the 40's as the game goes along.

Kind of hard to focus on football this week given the election and all which may explain why there was no thread yet.

I am psyched for the game. This is the first time we get this Seahawks team at our place. I feel like the O will be able to move the ball on the Seahawks and our defense should be in good shape given their offense is one dimensional.

Seattle will score at will, but so will the Patriots. I think the Pats end up winning this one 31-24 or something like that.

Seahawks get a big upgrade at safety with Chancellor back but our offense matches up pretty well. Sherman will probably be lined up on Hogan most of the night, which will barely affect the game plan. I fully expect Edelman to roast whoever is covering him. Also should get some big plays out of the tight ends.

On defense this is a great opportunity for the defensive line to shine. Seattle's O-line has been putrid this season and Wilson hasn't been the same escape artist he was last year. Very excited to watch this match up at home and Seattle always brings a good game in prime time.

I fully expect Edelman to roast whoever is covering him.

Also, looking at White and his fruitful 29 receptions, while recalling Vereen's great SB, I think he will be a mismatch as well.

And I'm definitely optimistic about Martellus' role.

Cheers, BostonTim

Seattle might have a few more holes than they did a few years ago, but they've also got a lot of good players, are pretty well coached and represent the best challenge we've had this season. By far, imo.

I've been hearing how superior we are to the rest of the league for the last few weeks and this is the game to show whether that is convenient hot air or might actually be the truth.

It appears to me that Jimmy Graham has finally fit into their offense at a juncture where we have just jettisoned our best (I know, I know) LB and with Wilson and the WRs then I think it'd be rampant homerism to think that they won't bother to show up.

I don't really expect we will even any sort of attempt to pressure Wilson due to his ability to escape and we will see the slo-mo pincer movement all night long. This may allow Wilson to get nice and comfy and loosen his arm up and at least one more week of "we can't rush the passer" talk. If he's your fantasy guy then start him. Stat.

National game. Bad feelings from the last time these two met. Possible lingering feelings from some of Jamie Collins' best buddies. It would seem that all factors point to a war. I'll be down in section 227 doing my part and hoping the Pats are on their game and able to get one more point than Seattle.

That is my prediction. Pats 31-30.

'

Seattle might have a few more holes than they did a few years ago, but they've also got a lot of good players, are pretty well coached and represent the best challenge we've had this season. By far, imo.

I've been hearing how superior we are to the rest of the league for the last few weeks and this is the game to show whether that is convenient hot air or might actually be the truth.

It appears to me that Jimmy Graham has finally fit into their offense at a juncture where we have just jettisoned our best (I know, I know) LB and with Wilson and the WRs then I think it'd be rampant homerism to think that they won't bother to show up.

I don't really expect we will even any sort of attempt to pressure Wilson due to his ability to escape and we will see the slo-mo pincer movement all night long. This may allow Wilson to get nice and comfy and loosen his arm up and at least one more week of "we can't rush the passer" talk. If he's your fantasy guy then start him. Stat.

National game. Bad feelings from the last time these two met. Possible lingering feelings from some of Jamie Collins' best buddies. It would seem that all factors point to a war. I'll be down in section 227 doing my part and hoping the Pats are on their game and able to get one more point than Seattle.

That is my prediction. Pats 31-30.

'

I agree it will be a very competitive game.

Seattle can't run the ball or at least they haven't run it well so far. To me this game will be all about Russell Wilson and his ability to throw the ball against what I imagine will be a heavy dose of Cover 2 from the Pats.

Christine Michael is their most productive RB w/ 112 carries for a 4.0 yd average. He also has 1 receiving TD. Wilson is their #2 "RB" and he only has 28 carries for a paltry 1.9 yd average. The Seahawks miss Beast Mode a lot. Collins spied Wilson in the SB so I'll be interested to see how BB decides to handle that in this game from nickel or big nickel. Personally I could see Ebner or Jordan Richards spying Wilson but it shouldn't be as impt in this game as it was in the SB. Wilson will be looking to throw it imo.

Doug Baldwin is their best receiver w/ 44 recs/570 yds (13yd avg) and 2 TDs. His long is 59 yds.
Jimmy Graham is their 2nd best receiver w/ 38 rec/545 yds (14.3yd avg) and 3 TDs. His long is 40 yds.
Jermaine Kearse is a distant #3 receiver. Other than those 3 Seattle has more or less bit players w/ 0 TDs among them.

The Pats will be able to move the ball consistently imo. I think the Pats cover the spread.

Select Season: <form name="teamStatistics" class="team-stats-form"> </form>

Complete NFL Stats Preseason Stats Regular Season Stats
<table class="data-table1 team-stats" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="0"><colgroup><col align="left"> <col align="right"> <col align="right"> </colgroup><tbody><tr class="thd1 SEAcolors"> <td colspan="3">Team Statistics</td> </tr> <tr class="thd2"> <td style="width:50%;" class="first">
</td> <td style="width:25%;">Seahawks</td> <td style="width:25%;" class="last">Opponents</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Total First Downs</td> <td>144</td> <td>163</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">1st Downs (Rush-Pass-By Penalty)</td> <td>37 - 96 - 11</td> <td>44 - 100 - 19</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">3rd Down Conversions</td> <td>36/99</td> <td>51/120</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">4th Down Conversions</td> <td>2/4</td> <td>3/7</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Total Offensive Yds</td> <td>2657</td> <td>2661</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Offense (Plays-Avg Yds)</td> <td>482 - 5.5</td> <td>541 - 4.9</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Total Rushing Yds</td> <td>603</td> <td>790</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Rushing (Plays-Avg Yards)</td> <td>188 - 3.2</td> <td>224 - 3.5</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Total Passing Yds</td> <td>2054</td> <td>1871</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Passing (Comp-Att-Int-Avg)</td> <td>186 - 278 - 3 - 7.9</td> <td>181 - 290 - 6 - 7.0</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Sacks</td> <td>27</td> <td>16</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Field Goals</td> <td>15/17</td> <td>14/19</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Touchdowns</td> <td>17</td> <td>13</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">(Rush-Pass-Ret-Def)</td> <td>8 - 8 - 0 - 1</td> <td>6 - 6 - 0 - 1</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Time of Possession</td> <td>29:12</td> <td>32:40</td> </tr> <tr class="tbdy1"> <td class="first">Turnover Ratio</td> <td colspan="2" align="center">+2</td></tr></tbody></table>

FOXBORO – The Patriots bye week [served] them well. A day after having the smallest injury report of the season, the team once again had perfect practice attendance on Thursday.
The team was in full pads for the second day this week. On Wednesday, the only limited practice participants were Martellus Bennett (ankle), Alan Branch (back) and Julian Edelman (foot). All three were at practice on Thursday.

Dion Lewis was at practice and in pads once again. The team could activate the running back this week to play against Seattle, but don’t have to. He has to be on the 53-man roster by next week. If he’s going to play Sunday, he’ll have to be added to the roster by Saturday at 4 p.m. at the latest.

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports/20161110/patriots-have-perfect-practice-attendance-again

What Seattle is saying about the game

On the Patriots...
"Nobody's done it better than they have. Of course I've watched them intensely over the years, and I really admire the job that they have done, the consistency that they've found. It's a great tribute to the coaching, because Bill [Belichick] has been the constant, he and Tom [Brady] have been the constants to that. The coaches have changed under him and the players have changed but the consistency of their performance and the level and style of performance has always stayed at the top level. We've admired that for a long time."
- Seahawks Head Coach Pete Carroll Read

On the game...
"Obviously going to New England it'll be a great football game. Two great football teams going after it and we're looking forward to the challenge. We're just trying to prepare at the highest level and that's our goal."
- Seahawks Quarterback Russell Wilson Read
On Tom Brady...

"He looks great. He's on fire. He hasn't thrown an interception yet, he's completed 70-something percent of his passes, he's on fire. He's even taken off and run a couple times just to show that he can and he looks good moving around. You see no wear at all, he's fresh and ready to go."

On the challenge the Patriots offense presents...
"It's everything. It's really everything that they do. The system is one where they're really smart and they do the right things against their opponents and they make you really have to work and they tax you. They know what they're doing as well as anybody playing the game and Tom [Brady] can carry it out and execute it and utilize the calls and the matchups and all that. It's really impressive."

On the difficulties of facing Tom Brady...

"You just have to tackle well. You have to be ready for quick passes and the occasional shot. He's very creative in the way he manipulates a defense, he does a great job with his eyes. Obviously staying off of him, they've got several rules to protect him in various situations, so you've got to be careful with how you sack him."
- Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman Read
On what stands out on the Patriots defense...
"What stands out the most is how well they're coached. It's probably cliché to say but they are a very well coached defense. They do their assignments very well. They have a specific package for each team they play. There may be something that we'll have to adjust on the fly because they're doing it for us. They match up their personnel very well and they use it the exact way they feel they need too. It's been a very successful formula for them. Were ready for what we think we're going to see and then we'll need to adjust as well."
- Seahawks Offensive Coordinator Darrell Bevell Read
"They've been making plays all season. They're obviously 7-1. They've been able to stop teams from scoring a bunch of points. They've been able to score consistently good defense and that's what you need from your defense. Then their offense has been able to score a lot of points too. When you have those two combined you have a great chance to win football games. Their defense has some veteran players. [Rob] Ninkovich is a great player. [Alan] Branch who actually played here with us in Seattle, I know him pretty well and he's a great football player too. You got Malcolm Butler out there playing corner, he can make tons of plays. You got all the DBs too, you got tons of different DBs playing in the game. From [Devin] McCourty to the [Patrick] Chung. They got a lot of guys that have played a lot of football for them. Their young guys are playing well too; you see a fast defense that makes smart plays and they play very very consistent football."
- Seahawks Quarterback Russell Wilson Read
On Malcolm Butler...
"He's a tremendous football player. He's quick he's fast, he's instinctive, he makes a lot of great plays so I have tons of respect for the player that he is."
- Seahawks Quarterback Russell Wilson

http://www.patriots.com/news/2016/11/10/what-theyre-saying-seattle-seahawks

New England Patriots WRs Are A Group To Watch Vs Seattle

Julian Edelman – Chris Hogan – Danny Amendola – Malcom Mitchell
Like most things with the Pats, this is a very intriguing dynamic the team has going on with their wide receivers. First off, their top two leaders in receiving yards are both TEs. So right off the bat you have a unique situation. If I asked you to guess which Patriots wideout leads the team in receiving yards, the obvious assumption would be Julian Edelman. You’d be wrong though.
Hollywood Chris Hogan actually leads the team with 391 yards. Where it’s get interesting is when you see how much better he’s been since Tom Brady returned from his four-game suspension. In the first four games of the year he caught just eight passes for 122 yards and one TD. With Brady he’s caught 11 passes for 269 yards and a touchdown. Obviously a nice spike in production. Edelman does still hold the PPR value.
Brady hasn’t had much of an impact on Edelman. It was assumed Brady’s absence would hurt him more than any other player on the team. This turned out not to be the case at this point in the season. As you can see below the numbers are similar.
Edelman’s Numbers With and Without Brady This Season
<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" border="1"><tbody><tr><td width="50" valign="top">
</td> <td width="63" valign="top">
Receptions
</td> <td width="45" valign="top">
Yards
TDs
</td> </tr><tr><td width="50" valign="top">
Without​
19​
196​
o​
</td> </tr><tr><td width="50" valign="top">
With​
22​
162​
1​
</td> </tr></tbody></table>
Danny Amendola is the WR3 in New England. He is capable of having a big game, but also has a very low floor. His three TDs are his high points, however, he also has two games where he hasn’t caught a single pass and he’s yet to hit the 50-yard mark in a game this season. Barring any injuries hitting the Pats WRs corps, Amendola is not worth rostering. At the absolute best he’s a cheap DFS punt option with upside.
Malcom Mitchell started off his rookie year fairly well and looked like he could have an impact this season, which is something that doesn’t happen much in New England for wide receivers. He has not benefited at all from the return of Brady. Weeks 1 through 3 he caught 4-of-9 targets for 75 yards. Since then, including Week 4 without Brady, he’s caught just 2-of-4 targets for seven yards. In those four games, three of them were goose eggs. If he can only get healthy.

http://www.scout.com/fantasy/story/1726544-three-wr-corps-to-watch-in-week-10

"You just have to tackle well. You have to be ready for quick passes and the occasional shot. He's very creative in the way he manipulates a defense, he does a great job with his eyes. Obviously staying off of him, they've got several rules to protect him in various situations, so you've got to be careful with how you sack him."
- Seahawks Cornerback Richard Sherman R

Lol.................TFF!!

Back