Should we have a Brady subforum like Patsfans does?

Should we have a Brady dedicated subforum?

• Yes

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • No

Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Name it the Thomas144 forum dedicated to zombie discussion

Votes: 2 6.7%

• Total voters
I was off this board for 2 years and just came back recently. I am more than happy to leave again if folks would prefer. I am probably not going to have that much time anyways once Sept rolls around and schools are back in.
Stay...you make things interesting!

I was off this board for 2 years and just came back recently. I am more than happy to leave again if folks would prefer. I am probably not going to have that much time anyways once Sept rolls around and schools are back in.
you have a sense of humor about things and don't get bent out of shape. i have no issues with you even when we disagree.

Don't exaggerate! It is only three different screen names, right?

Or four?

Why don't you just tell us how many you have/had?

I really need to remember to go upstairs more because it looks like there are some threads here that I would like and some members that I may enjoy getting to know better. With that said, I won't be casting a vote because I really don't care if you talk about Brady or don't talk about Brady. Or, where you choose to talk about Brady. Makes me no difference. However, I do care about the harmony of this board because so many of you have been very kind to me. So, I will give my lengthy 2 cents.

Reading through this thread was a bit of deja vu for me because it sounds like you are experiencing much of what Colts.com did after Peyton's departure. There were those who left to join a Bronco's board. They were big fans of Peyton and were angry that he had been released. They were often mocked as not being "real fans". I never thought that was fair because I believe that someone should follow their heart and not some rules of fandom that others have created.

There were those who pretty much had the opposite viewpoint. Their take was more one of "out with the old and in with the new". Most people fell somewhere in between. I honestly didn't know how I felt until the Broncos came to LOS and found myself hoping that Peyton had a good game while also cheering like crazy for the Colts to come out with the W.

There was a lot of friction during that time and we tried to let it play out, but there came a point where we realized that wasn't going to happen. So, the request was made that all threads/posts directly relating to Peyton be posted in the NFL general subforum. While this meant that the moderators had to do a lot of moving since some members couldn't seem to understand this, it did help even though it was just a matter of geography. Of course, Brady's immediate success makes it more difficult; but similar to how politics is kept out of the main forum, it may help keep "all things Brady" out of your main forum.

In order for this to work, members who don't want to read "all things Brady" should stay out of that subforum or at least refrain from posting to chastise those who do want to talk about Brady. And, those who want to praise Brady may need to learn to tone it down. There is no need to post anything and everything that you can find that praises Brady. When you do, you come over as the mother who constantly tells her daughter how great her ex-husband is while she is trying to build a new life with someone else.

I really need to remember to go upstairs more because it looks like there are some threads here that I would like and some members that I may enjoy getting to know better. With that said, I won't be casting a vote because I really don't care if you talk about Brady or don't talk about Brady. Or, where you choose to talk about Brady. Makes me no difference. However, I do care about the harmony of this board because so many of you have been very kind to me. So, I will give my lengthy 2 cents.

Reading through this thread was a bit of deja vu for me because it sounds like you are experiencing much of what Colts.com did after Peyton's departure. There were those who left to join a Bronco's board. They were big fans of Peyton and were angry that he had been released. They were often mocked as not being "real fans". I never thought that was fair because I believe that someone should follow their heart and not some rules of fandom that others have created.

There were those who pretty much had the opposite viewpoint. Their take was more one of "out with the old and in with the new". Most people fell somewhere in between. I honestly didn't know how I felt until the Broncos came to LOS and found myself hoping that Peyton had a good game while also cheering like crazy for the Colts to come out with the W.

There was a lot of friction during that time and we tried to let it play out, but there came a point where we realized that wasn't going to happen. So, the request was made that all threads/posts directly relating to Peyton be posted in the NFL general subforum. While this meant that the moderators had to do a lot of moving since some members couldn't seem to understand this, it did help even though it was just a matter of geography. Of course, Brady's immediate success makes it more difficult; but similar to how politics is kept out of the main forum, it may help keep "all things Brady" out of your main forum.

In order for this to work, members who don't want to read "all things Brady" should stay out of that subforum or at least refrain from posting to chastise those who do want to talk about Brady. And, those who want to praise Brady may need to learn to tone it down. There is no need to post anything and everything that you can find that praises Brady. When you do, you come over as the mother who constantly tells her daughter how great her ex-husband is while she is trying to build a new life with someone else.
Thank you. Thank you. This is great insight. I was over at Colts.com when Manning left and I remember it well.

I think your last graph is key. The sub forum splits the allegiances so to speak. It keeps the Brady stuff separate from Pats stuff but also allows Brady fans to talk about him without being chastised. This is exactly what happened over at Patsfans. There was a main thread for Brady/Tampa and it got filled with a lot of hate as Pats fans did not want it on the main forum and really messed with the thread. Now that thread has moved to the Brady sub forum and it is wonderful with great discussions not just on Brady but on football in general as threads never stay on topic. I believe the Brady forum has like 40 threads now. It is great because all if it is kept off the main forum which I do think is the best idea for any player no longer with the team.

Thank you again for sharing your perspective.

Thank you. Thank you. This is great insight. I was over at Colts.com when Manning left and I remember it well.

I think your last graph is key. The sub forum splits the allegiances so to speak. It keeps the Brady stuff separate from Pats stuff but also allows Brady fans to talk about him without being chastised. This is exactly what happened over at Patsfans. There was a main thread for Brady/Tampa and it got filled with a lot of hate as Pats fans did not want it on the main forum and really messed with the thread. Now that thread has moved to the Brady sub forum and it is wonderful with great discussions not just on Brady but on football in general as threads never stay on topic. I believe the Brady forum has like 40 threads now. It is great because all if it is kept off the main forum which I do think is the best idea for any player no longer with the team.

Thank you again for sharing your perspective.

I don't think you understood her post, or at least from my perspective you didn't. Nobody has started a Brady hate thread here. Yet it is just a couple of you that run around bothering everyone in most Pats threads with your, I'll say it once again, sycophantic worship of the god that is Tom Brady and you guys are so over the top that you drop constant veiled and not-so-veiled shots at the greatest football mind we know of in the dishonest support of your binky.

It is not those who disagree with your stance that is the problem here, it is the constant inflicting of your crap upon others all over this forum on the topic.

Everyone sees it, some handle it better than others.

Take some responsibility, stop blaming others and keep your views on this topic where it is appropriate. You wreck or derail every thread you mention or take blind shots at Hoodie in. It all comes from the same bitterness.

Last edited:
I don't think you understood her post, or at least from my perspective you didn't. Nobody has started a Brady hate thread here. Yet it is just a couple of you that run around bothering evening in most Pats threads with your, I'll say it once again, sycophantic worship of the god that is Tom Brady and you guys are so over the top that you drop constant veiled and not-so-veiled shots at the greatest football mind we know of in the dishonest support of your binky.

It is not those who disagree with your stance that is the problem here, it is the constant inflicting of your crap upon others all over this forum on the topic.

Everyone sees it, some handle it better than others.

Take some responsibility, stop blaming others and keep your views on this topic where it is appropriate. You wreck or derail every thread you mention or take blind shots at Hoodie in. It all comes from the same bitterness.
How ironic John or should I say tragic? A nice, thoughtful post from SheColt which I followed up on and reinforced in a positive manner and you just take a big, fat dump all over it. And then you tell me that I am the problem. Good heavens.

The voting and my own thoughts seem to be leading towards at least giving it a try.

But here is one point that I am unsure on. Sure it gives those who want to a place to discuss all things Brady.

But is it also the place for arguments about Brady and his past importance to the Franchise? Arguments about his last Patriots contract? Arguments about whether he wanted to leave or if he was forced to?

I ask this because based on some comments here, it seems some believe this new forum will be a place where they can talk of Brady without these arguments, while others think they will all be contained in the new forum.

Happy to hear feedback on this.

The voting and my own thoughts seem to be leading towards at least giving it a try.

But here is one point that I am unsure on. Sure it gives those who want to a place to discuss all things Brady.

But is it also the place for arguments about Brady and his past importance to the Franchise? Arguments about his last Patriots contract? Arguments about whether he wanted to leave or if he was forced to?

I ask this because based on some comments here, it seems some believe this new forum will be a place where they can talk of Brady without these arguments, while others think they will all be contained in the new forum.

Good questions.

I think once the regular season starts, all the convos will be about the games. Those types of discussions that you cite about Brady and his contract/value to the team, happened more this off-season because it was the off-season and Brady won the SB while the Pats went 7-9. It was kind of the perfect storm.

I'm sure some will go there if the topic is interesting and some will be on the attack as much has gotten under their skin, I don't think that is a wonderful thing to do.

I am, however in favor of attempting whatever stops the dissension created by the few that affects the many in a negative way in threads about this current team.

I for one have great hope for the direction Bill is taking the Pats once again and it kinda stinks to see fighting over some cat who was great for us but is gone and has no remaining respect for his former employer reigned down wholesale by a select few.

Good questions.

I think once the regular season starts, all the convos will be about the games. Those types of discussions that you cite about Brady and his contract/value to the team, happened more this off-season because it was the off-season and Brady won the SB while the Pats went 7-9. It was kind of the perfect storm.

No, it is because YOU kept the issue all over the place.

No, it is because YOU kept the issue all over the place.
Honestly John, at this point why not just put me on ignore? I have done that with several posters. It really does work like a charm.

Honestly John, at this point why not just put me on ignore? I have done that with several posters. It really does work like a charm.

Because I like argueing and you have value to offer elsewhere. Just little on this topic.

Because I like arguing and you have value to offer elsewhere. Just little on this topic.
Well, thank you for that. I enjoy your posts/takes too even if we disagree on this one.

Good questions.

I am not so sure those circular arguments will be gone once the season starts, and I think a lot of people don't want to read them anymore.

I want the trolling to stop from everyone, but I'm not sure if we make the Brady forum that it can only be Brady-positive.

Back