Sox Planet - come join us for some sexy sox talk

Sale back on DL. I’m thinking this is cautionary they need him for the playoffs. Still concerning.

Retroactive to his prior start. I interpret this is roster shuffling to snag another pitcher while giving him a few days rest. It probably won't be necessary once rosters expand in a few weeks.

Even when Price is doing well and gift wrapped a layup of a question he makes it impossible to like him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ml...y-exchange-with-reporter-after-win/ar-BBM6Hnv

David Price has snippy exchange with reporter after win

a man standing on a baseball field
Boston Red Sox lefty David Price is firing on all cylinders right now, and that also includes sass.

After the five-time All-Star threw seven stellar innings to earn the victory in Boston’s 5-2 win over Tampa Bay on Saturday, he was asked by a reporter what was behind his strong play lately and credited some “adjustments” he made. When pressed further as to what those adjustments were, Price refused to say and fired back at the reporter for not doing their job by watching film. Chris Cotillo of MassLive.com gave an account of the exchange:

After a fairly underwhelming first half of the season, the 32-year-old Price has really turned it on in the second half, posting a 3-0 record with a glistening 1.44 ERA. It is a contribution that has been especially welcome now that Red Sox ace Chris Sale is out once again due to shoulder inflammation.

As for what adjustment Price might have made that the reporter whiffed on, we think we may have an idea.

Even when Price is doing well and gift wrapped a layup of a question he makes it impossible to like him.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ml...y-exchange-with-reporter-after-win/ar-BBM6Hnv

David Price has snippy exchange with reporter after win

a man standing on a baseball field
Boston Red Sox lefty David Price is firing on all cylinders right now, and that also includes sass.

After the five-time All-Star threw seven stellar innings to earn the victory in Boston’s 5-2 win over Tampa Bay on Saturday, he was asked by a reporter what was behind his strong play lately and credited some “adjustments” he made. When pressed further as to what those adjustments were, Price refused to say and fired back at the reporter for not doing their job by watching film. Chris Cotillo of MassLive.com gave an account of the exchange:

After a fairly underwhelming first half of the season, the 32-year-old Price has really turned it on in the second half, posting a 3-0 record with a glistening 1.44 ERA. It is a contribution that has been especially welcome now that Red Sox ace Chris Sale is out once again due to shoulder inflammation.

As for what adjustment Price might have made that the reporter whiffed on, we think we may have an idea

He cut his Fortnite time down from 60 hrs/wk to 30?

Pitch well and I don’t give a flying F if you ignore all pressers. I want him to pitch not be a media darling.

That said he is a dick

This series is playing out almost exactly the way I feared it would. Hopefully they are tallying some good scouting and coaching points for any potential playoff match ups.

The last two games of this 4 set series the Sox served notice to the Indians that they are the big boys on the block. Indians have a good ballclub & going into Fenway & getting a split is actually a good result but they are not near in the same category as the Sox. Or Houston for that matter.

Great couple bounce back games. Even more impressive that they slapped 16 on the board with Betts not contributing much.

I still think Benny squares up a frustratingly small number of hittable pitches, but it was good to see the whole team get rolling. It also made it so, despite losing three in a row, the Yankees haven't made up even half a game since the sweep.

Embarrassing weekend for the good guys. It wasn't just that they were swept, they were terrible pretty much across the board against a good-but-far-from-great Tampa team. It was like the 2007 Pats losing 49-3 to last year's Buffalo team. Hard to watch.

Yes it was hard to watch. But dammit let's panic over the best team in baseball getting swepr.

Sent from my SM-S327VL using Tapatalk

Who's panicking?
Sorry. I'm just a bit traumatized from all 750000 members in Jerry Remys group on Facebook stating they are amazing when they win and that were doomed when we lose.

To be fair I do remember 78 and that memory us still fresh.

Sorry. I'm just a bit traumatized from all 750000 members in Jerry Remys group on Facebook stating they are amazing when they win and that were doomed when we lose.

To be fair I do remember 78 and that memory us still fresh.

:toast:

FTR, I'm not thrilled that they gave away a substantial margin for error in a week, but I still think they'll win the East. My concerns about the lack of offensive depth - the ones I voiced even before the Cleveland series - loom much larger. I still view Boston as a great regular season team and a merely good playoff one. They're more than capable of winning the WS, but the gap between them and the other division leaders is not as much as the records indicate.

Back