Super Bowl 53: Official Game Thread

For anyone who has been to Gillette, the number of Rams fans is similar to if this were a regular season game and the Rams were in town. I look forward to your reports on how it looks on TV.

Same with the crowds on the pre-game shows. Would be cool if it 'sounds' like a home game for the Pats.

So it's back to Edinburgh University's Teviot House for a 3rd year in a row for me.

First year was pretty good in the end, last year was torture, especially watching the NFL change the catch rule on the spot for Corey Clement's TD.

Hopefully I can relax this time, but who am I kidding, it's going to be a close one

I cant believe this is the 11th pats super bowl ive been privileged to watch. Its strange, but my nervousness is through the roof right now. Last year, i felt very calm. I was excited, but not like this. Watching your team play for a championship is the best feeling in sports. Youd think as pats fans this would get a bit less intense, but today Im really feeling the excitement. My brain says big win for the pats today, but my heart knows this is gonna be a nail biter.

I cant believe this is the 11th pats super bowl ive been privileged to watch. Its strange, but my nervousness is through the roof right now. Last year, i felt very calm. I was excited, but not like this. Watching your team play for a championship is the best feeling in sports. Youd think as pats fans this would get a bit less intense, but today Im really feeling the excitement. My brain says big win for the pats today, but my heart knows this is gonna be a nail biter.

Yeah its hard to believe 11 times. For years it was basketball that had the titles, of which I do not follow that close, and football and baseball, we just never won, thought it was just going to be that way. Now between the pats and the sox, its just unreal.

I can't remember but I think I was more nervous and less amped up last year. This year I'm just excited and can't wait for kick-off.

Let's hope for a different ending this time around!

Well I for one am very nervous. I don't like this match up. Hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about how we contain the Rams dline

I hear ya! I'm concerned as well, and the Ram's O-Line has gotten a lot of props. I'll be concerned the Rams just run it down our throats.
We'll know soon enough.

Well I for one am very nervous. I don't like this match up. Hope I'm wrong but I have a bad feeling about how we contain the Rams dline

I'm the calmest I've been since SB39, all the others worried me.

:shrug:

So it's back to Edinburgh University's Teviot House for a 3rd year in a row for me.

First year was pretty good in the end, last year was torture, especially watching the NFL change the catch rule on the spot for Corey Clement's TD.

Hopefully I can relax this time, but who am I kidding, it's going to be a close one

No doubt...that wasn't a TD...

---------- Post added at 02:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:31 PM ----------

Same here...

For some reason I thought Pats would blow out the Falcons. Falcons had a great team that year but I was very surprised Atlanta had a lead a big as they did.

Probably already posted, but BB canceled last night's walkthrough. He sent the players home declaring, "We're ready. ".

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">This is literally a home game for the Patriots <a href="https://t.co/dwDmm4Lvgh">pic.twitter.com/dwDmm4Lvgh</a></p>— Ben Volin (@BenVolin) <a href="https://twitter.com/BenVolin/status/1092159037255360516?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 3, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Aside from Mr Volin and his understanding of the word "literally" I like this tweet - it looks like there are a LOT of Pats fans in the stadium.

Could get loud in there when the Rams are on offence. Goff relies a lot on that coach to QB comms, hopefully the noise will make it difficult to hear.

Pats inactives

DB Obi Melifonwu
DB Duke Dawson
DL Keionta Davis
OL James Ferentz
TE Stephen Anderson
DE Derek Rivers
DL Ufomba Kamalu

No surprises

Nervous just went in reading the comments. An hour to go. Six Ring Circus sounds good right noe

Good luck, Pats fans!

I'd love to see them finally get their blowout win.

I think Michel, White, and Burkhead are going to go nuts today.

140+ on the ground and 15-20 catches.

I didn't think i'd get too excited for this game but I have to admit i'm getting pumped. Keystone light and grilled chicken is rollin.

Good luck guys. May the best team win the coin toss this time.

:coffee:

Got a bad feeling about this one that the Rams win. Had that same feeling last year as well. It will be 2 years in a row the Patriots lose to ex players and one from the previous years team. It seems like in all 5 of their defeats this year they lost to either ex players & coaches with the exception of the Jags loss. Anyways now time to take the loss.

Very quiet here tonight at the University, was a lot busier the past two years

Back