Superbowl LI - Patriots V Falcons

C20yitRWEAAEfJk.jpg

Holy crap, Jim, welcome back! Is it bad that when I saw your name, I thought of Bledsoe?

Lol, that is an *old* school issue. I have to admit Brady has proven himself over his career. So has belichick, who i also wasn't too happy with at first, i wanted that draft pick back to get an OT , I specifically wanted a guy who went to Detroit and lasted a few years, Stockar McDougle was the name. He was drafted #20 overall and started 56 games total, so we were better off with the coach over the football player.

Lol, that is an *old* school issue. I have to admit Brady has proven himself over his career. So has belichick, who i also wasn't too happy with at first, i wanted that draft pick back to get an OT , I specifically wanted a guy who went to Detroit and lasted a few years, Stockar McDougle was the name. He was drafted #20 overall and started 56 games total, so we were better off with the coach over the football player.

You're a fan of stalkers? :tmack:

The #1 scoring defense is 6-1 against the #1 scoring offense in SB history...

1966: Packers 35 (D), Chiefs 10 (O)
1969: Chiefs 23 (D), Vikings 7 (O)
1978: Steelers 35 (D), Cowboys 31 (O)
1984: 49ers 38 (D), Dolphins 16 (O)
1989: 49ers 55 (O), Broncos 10 (D)
1990: Giants 20 (D), Bills 19 (O)
2013: Seahawks 43 (D), Broncos 8 (O)

A preview of Brady and Roger if the Patriots win...

<div style="width: 100%; height: 0px; position: relative; padding-bottom: 56.250%;"><iframe src="http://streamable.com/e/079eb" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen scrolling="no" style="width: 100%; height: 100%; position: absolute;"></iframe><script async defer src="https://v.embedcdn.com/embed.js"></script></div>

When do they announce League MVP. I hope they pick Ryan. Not that Brady needs any more motivation, but I can see the rest of the team feeding off the snub/disrespect.

Not that Ryan doesn't deserve it and not that the team needs more motivation, but every thing helps and karma, ya know.

When do they announce League MVP. I hope they pick Ryan. Not that Brady needs any more motivation, but I can see the rest of the team feeding off the snub/disrespect.

Not that Ryan doesn't deserve it and not that the team needs more motivation, but every thing helps and karma, ya know.
I was thinking this same thing as they all laid their flowers at the foot of both Rogers and Matty Ice last week

The #1 scoring defense is 6-1 against the #1 scoring offense in SB history...

1966: Packers 35 (D), Chiefs 10 (O)
1969: Chiefs 23 (D), Vikings 7 (O)
1978: Steelers 35 (D), Cowboys 31 (O)
1984: 49ers 38 (D), Dolphins 16 (O)
1989: 49ers 55 (O), Broncos 10 (D)
1990: Giants 20 (D), Bills 19 (O)
2013: Seahawks 43 (D), Broncos 8 (O)

I'm too lazy to do the research, but I'd be interested to know how the other offenses ranked.

Another point on the O vs. D talk: I've already covered how the Falcons rank #1 in offensive PPG vs. the Patriots' #3, but in defensive PPG the Falcons are 27th to the Patriots #1. However, let's look closer at those Os.

The Falcons were 1st this season with 33.8 PPG. The Saints were #2 with 29.3, the Pats were third with 27.6 (I thought they were fourth but I was incorrect). But let's not forget that the first four games were without Brady, and in one of those--the game I went to, of course--the Bills hung a 16-0 goose-egg loss on the Pats. Does anyone in their right mind think Brady puts up a goose-egg at home against Buffalo? If you take out the first four Brady-less games, the Pats' offensive PPG over the last 12 games jumps up from 27.6 to an even 30... putting them 2nd right behind Atlanta.

So, you have a Falcons team averaging a 34-25 win, and a Patriots team averaging, with Brady, a 30-16 win. I'll take a -4 on offense with a +9 on defense.

Joseph DuarteVerified account

AFC champion #Patriots will practice at @UHouston during @SuperBowl week in Houston. NFC champion Atlanta will practice at @RiceUniversity

So far, 5 national media people who I have heard say who they think will win the SB, all 5 say Atlanta. LOL

So far, 5 national media people who I have heard say who they think will win the SB, all 5 say Atlanta. LOL
I hate that the Patriots SB's are always close so I am asking, For Mikiemo83, can you blow these dirtyBirds out and allow me to relax for the last quarter.

It'll be the same story as it was this past week "Pats Defence is overrated, blah, blah, blah" and "only faced one good QB in Rapistburger this season"

Watch the Pats D play the game of their lives in Houston in 2 weeks

This is my thing, if you are playing even just average/meh offenses and STILL holding them below their average PPG, YOU ARE PLAYING WELL. PERIOD. And that is what the Pats D has done.

I can't think of too many top PPG allowed defenses that I haven't thought were great when I watched them.

I hate that the Patriots SB's are always close so I am asking, For Mikiemo83, can you blow these dirtyBirds out and allow me to relax for the last quarter.

That would be nice, wouldn't it?

But that's a first world problem for sure. ROFL

BTW, nugget of the day: Scar's son is on the Atlanta staff.
So is Bryan Cox.
Add Dimitroff, Pioli, etc. and this is gonna be like playing Houston, incest wise.

It's going to be the same thing as this week.

However, whereas the Steelers were simply the 99 Rams and 85 Bears, the Falcons will be the 67 Packers, 99 Rams and 85 Bears all rolled into one, coached by Vince Lombardi, QB'd by Joe Montana, throwing passes to 3 Jerry Rices.

Get Ready.

What the pundits also forget is this. There may not have been a lot of great offenses faced by the Patriots this season, but there were a hell of a lot of very good DEFENSES that Tom and co faced. Rams, Ravens, Bills, Finns, Jets, Texans, Bengals and the Donks. And we beat them all. Often with room to spare. Every game on the road was won. So Tom and co can handle this Falcon defence and the difference maker really is the fact that our defense is actually better than theirs. So we'll put up the points but we'll be more successful against their offence then their defense is against ours.

We've faced the best front 7s in the league along with the best DBs and the offense never stopped rolling. The Falcons went against an injury depleted Packer Offense with Nelson a borderline cripple and before that a Hawks team with Wilson behind a woeful O Line and few weapons.

I believe the Patriots will be the road team, technically in the Super Bowl.

8-0 on the road so far. :coffee:

Back