Teh Official Week 4 Pats v Bills Game Day Thread

I'm surprised there is not more talk about the scrum. What is rex doing sending someone out to tweak the starting Qb?

If McGuinest was here that guy would be near dead.

Definition of Bush league.

I can't help but but think that there really is Gronk family interference and that they were a part of his extended hammy issue and missed games and now....

BB is telling them to fvck off by simply not playing him much. Having Bennett helps with this of course. Actually, I hope it is the case.

Getting treated like a 2nd stringer AND losing will make Gronk look that way. If it continues, I half expect to hear grumbling coming out of the Gronk family compound.

Gronk should tell his daddy to mind his own bidness...and I agree. Sum Ting Ding Dong...

Nice game for Bills. But big deal...we beat the Pats' 3rd string QB. I won't be happy until we beat the nude sunbather.

He's already won in life clearly.

I liked Bennett's comment, he told reporters he wouldn't have allowed that s**t to have happened if he was out there....he said "that's who they are".

The offense isn't a concern. When Brady gets back this is a different O than with Brissett with a bad thumb on his throwing hand.

The defense is a different story. Couldn't set the edge, couldn't hold the middle and missed tackles left and right. Worst tackling since the days of the smurf DBs. There simply wasn't any life; flatest I've seen the Pats D since KC last year. There's no use getting into individual players who played poorly since so many did but Cyrus Jones and Logan Ryan head the list of those who played poorly. McCourty is perhaps the only defensive player who came to play.

Regardless, there are plenty of coaching points for BB on Tuesday to wake this team the f up and TB12 gets to ride in on his white horse as the savior. There's no way this team has 2 bad games back to back and Cleveland is the perfect team to play next week for this team to release it's frustrations. This was a wake up call. Poor Cleveland next week.

Is giving up 16 points really a concern? If we averaged that, we would have our best D since 2003.

Crazy game for the city of New England. Obviously, per my prediction, no way does this happen. Not in my opinion. Hey, 3-1 W/O Brady isn't too bad but the loss to Buffalo shouldn't hurt because they won't be in the mix at the end. I do want to ask, and not to start shit, but only because it happened, when was the last time a team shut a team out and then were shut out the next week. Shut outs are rare, but back to back and opposite outcomes is extreme.

Is giving up 16 points really a concern? If we averaged that, we would have our best D since 2003.

they were averaging 15 coming in, i believe. :coffee:
it wasn't the points so much as the way they played. being tired from being out there so much is part their fault and part the offense's fault though.

Crazy game for the city of New England. Obviously, per my prediction, no way does this happen. Not in my opinion. Hey, 3-1 W/O Brady isn't too bad but the loss to Buffalo shouldn't hurt because they won't be in the mix at the end. I do want to ask, and not to start shit, but only because it happened, when was the last time a team shut a team out and then were shut out the next week. Shut outs are rare, but back to back and opposite outcomes is extreme.

Either 06 or 08. I think 08 fins.

I'm not worried about it. Before the season started there were some who were praying for a 2-2 finish to this 4 game stretch. The Pats did pretty well for themselves. This game sucked, mistakes on special teams killed us to start the game. The Bills were playing for their coach today and they were fired up. We fielded a banged up 3rd string QB who it seemed from what I saw (the first half, had to work today) the coaches were trying too hard to protect and never really seemed to let him air it out. No biggie, we'll get Buffalo on the return trip.

The preseason is now over, This will not be the team you see next week, and I can't wait.

That is my feeling too. Perhaps many here were expecting another shut out or something but it was 13 points until late in the 4th. Our offense did NOTHING. And the STs crapped the bed. We all know the offense will be much better with #12 but I am starting to worry about Ghost and Jones clearly needs more coaching when returning kicks and more practice too.

Our star QB and our seasoned backup both possess the pre snap read. The lightning quick release. The pocket maneuverability. And the quick decision making.

Jacoby has none of that. And shouldn't yet. That's what the pump the brakes on Jacoby talk was about.

He throws a good ball. Can scramble well. But you play legit 1s on D and he's in the deep end of the pool now and the floaties are still in the pool box. Rex played cat n mouse with him.

Manageable start to the season.

Tom is back.

Our star QB and our seasoned backup both possess the pre snap read. The lightning quick release. The pocket maneuverability. And the quick decision making.

Jacoby has none of that. And shouldn't yet. That's what the pump the brakes on Jacoby talk was about.

He throws a good ball. Can scramble well. But you play legit 1s on D and he's in the deep end of the pool now and the floaties are still in the pool box. Rex played cat n mouse with him.

Manageable start to the season.

Tom is back.

Any one of us would have gladly taken 3-1 to start the season under the circumstances the team faced. Now the REAL season begins.

Quite honestly, I thought Blount would have carried the ball 35 times yesterday. Pats have a decent O-line. I suppose everyone knew that's what BB was planning and we just stacked the box. The game in Buffalo will be a much better indicator of both teams...Pats will have Brady back and the Bills will have Dareus back (still missing Sammy, 1st round pick Shaq Lawson and 2nd round pick Ragland).

I'm thinking yesterday was probably just a case of surviving the game without anybody getting injured. Not happy with the result, but not overly concerned in the grand scheme of things over the course of the season.

Besides...seeing as we're all a little superstitious here...who remembers what happened the last time the Bills shut the Pats out in a regular season game?

I'm thinking yesterday was probably just a case of surviving the game without anybody getting injured. Not happy with the result, but not overly concerned in the grand scheme of things over the course of the season.

Besides...seeing as we're all a little superstitious here...who remembers what happened the last time the Bills shut the Pats out in a regular season game?
I don't remember...Pats won Superbowl?

Back