Teh Official Week 7 Pats at Buffalo Game Thread

Even the media are calling out Fouts. From Boston.com. I like it, He's Simms with a beard.

Dan Fouts was an excellent quarterback. And I swear he was an excellent analyst, even recently. But my self-scouting of my own media perspectives is telling me that my appreciation for him might be based more on his past career than his current one. Lately, he’s come across as Phil Simms with a beard.

Example: When Bills punter Colton Schmidt bobbled the snap, then somehow scrambled for the first down (who knew he had breakaway speed for a punter?), Fouts said: “This could be a turning point in the game.” The score was 31-10 at the time. I don’t think he was being sarcastic.

Even the media are calling out Fouts. From Boston.com. I like it, He's Fouts with a beard.

I call bullshit on the BSM guy.

Simms is a fine analyst, nothing great. We talked about this, Jim. The first 3 or 4 years of his career, everyone was some combination of big, tall, fast, and athletic, and he's expanded beyond that.

Dan Fouts has always been terrible. Pro games, College Games, doesn't matter, just brutal. Beasley Reese bad.

And he was a good QB who got inflated to HoF status. Check his numbers. Joe Namath said 'Eh, that's pretty average.'.

Love the avatar Tommy ROFL

Here's a question. Who was worse, Fouts.....or Dierdork.

Dierdorf.

He was a special kind of terrible.

---------- Post added at 07:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:12 PM ----------

Either he or Eagle (i was ROFL so hard I'm not sure) called it a "fake punt". lolno, it was an obvious fubar.

It was Eagle. He wanted it to be a planned thing so bad.

Post from bills board rofl rofl

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/189621-2nd-and-dildo/page-3#entry4108209

Conversation 10 years from now:

Bills Fan 1: "Hey remember that game when all our offensive skill guys were hurt and Brady killed us? Rex was the coach and the game was at home. Which game was that? Was that 2014?"

Bills fan 2: "Yeah, it was a gray, rainy, miserable day, right?"

Bills fan 1: "Right! That was 2014, wasn't it?"

Bills fan 3: "No, you guys are thinking of the dildo game. That was 2016."

Bils fans 1 and 2: "Oh yeah, right! The dildo game!"

Post from bills board rofl rofl

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/189621-2nd-and-dildo/page-3#entry4108209

Conversation 10 years from now:

Bills Fan 1: "Hey remember that game when all our offensive skill guys were hurt and Brady killed us? Rex was the coach and the game was at home. Which game was that? Was that 2014?"

Bills fan 2: "Yeah, it was a gray, rainy, miserable day, right?"

Bills fan 1: "Right! That was 2014, wasn't it?"

Bills fan 3: "No, you guys are thinking of the dildo game. That was 2016."

Bils fans 1 and 2: "Oh yeah, right! The dildo game!"

Best answer I've read so far
Twelve dicks on the field for the Buffalo defense. 5 yard penalty.

Even the media are calling out Fouts. From Boston.com. I like it, He's Simms with a beard.

Just when I thought Fouts couldn't get any worse after he said that Vontaze Burfict was a misunderstood lad who slipped and fell into the back of Martellus' knees we had to be exposed to 3 1/2 hours of his incredible ignorance yesterday.

I loved how he broke down the two out of bounds hits and couldn't see the difference between what Hightower did and the Buffalo defender did a while later. There was no comparison. Dont'a hit the guy when he was still in bounds and then let up. The Buffalo guy also hit our guy in bounds and then continued to drive Amendola (I think) almost into the stadium wall. Any idiot could see that they were not the same thing, but Fouts is not just any idiot.

Much like Phil Simms, who I can't stand, it is hard to believe that both of these guys were successful NFL QBs.

BTW, those refs were especially awful yesterday. It was a classic NFL 2016 flag fest with ticky-tack calls on both sides late in the second half of a non-competitive game. It almost appeared like they must get paid a bonus for every flag thrown. Shit like that is a big reason why the NFL is turning many people off these days and the league office seems completely oblivious to that fact and allows it to get worse than ever.

If there was a person in the world that wanted to see those flags in the 4th quarter of a 3 score blowout then it had to have been somebody from Dean Blandino's office. Nobody else.

Bills Mafia.

14906852_10210614890627218_2022480398283162277_n.jpg

Never.

Change.

Just when I thought Fouts couldn't get any worse after he said that Vontaze Burfict was a misunderstood lad who slipped and fell into the back of Martellus' knees we had to be exposed to 3 1/2 hours of his incredible ignorance yesterday.

I loved how he broke down the two out of bounds hits and couldn't see the difference between what Hightower did and the Buffalo defender did a while later. There was no comparison. Dont'a hit the guy when he was still in bounds and then let up. The Buffalo guy also hit our guy in bounds and then continued to drive Amendola (I think) almost into the stadium wall. Any idiot could see that they were not the same thing, but Fouts is not just any idiot.

Much like Phil Simms, who I can't stand, it is hard to believe that both of these guys were successful NFL QBs.

BTW, those refs were especially awful yesterday. It was a classic NFL 2016 flag fest with ticky-tack calls on both sides late in the second half of a non-competitive game. It almost appeared like they must get paid a bonus for every flag thrown. Shit like that is a big reason why the NFL is turning many people off these days and the league office seems completely oblivious to that fact and allows it to get worse than ever.

If there was a person in the world that wanted to see those flags in the 4th quarter of a 3 score blowout then it had to have been somebody from Dean Blandino's office. Nobody else.

He actually said the words "roughing the passer." Couldn't even believe that's what he was thinking. Tierod was clearly a runner in that situation and not able to hide behind that rule.

I couldn't help but think that Tierod kind of got the Cam Newton treatment yesterday. Wonder if Dak will get the same in Big D.

You should check out the Buffalo News today for stories on the game. Good reading for Pats fans! The Buffalo writers have thrown in the towel. ROFL

http://buffalonews.com/

"Fourth Quarter Analysis: Nothing happened,"

http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/30/fourth-quarter-analysis-nothing-happened-patriots-41-bills-25/

"Inst-Graham: Patriots Toy With Bills"

http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/30/insta-graham-patriots-toy-bills/

Vic Carucci's Points After: Patriots 41, Bills 25

http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/30/vic-caruccis-points-patriots-41-bills-25/

Back