The 2021 Draft- We Need This One

I could live with this one too. How is it possible to have so many Cs and average an A-?
The top of the draft has far more influence on the final grade than the bottom of the draft.

I like that PFF sim. One thing that is missing are ST players. I wanted to draft a kicker in the 6th but there were none listed.

View: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2931376-nfl-rumors-trevor-lawrence-to-have-surgery-tuesday-likely-out-5-6-months

I had not heard that Lawrence has been dealing with a labrum issue and I figured I'd add the link to this thread because it
could get interesting and affect the top of the draft.

This is most likely much ado about nothing and Urban Meyer was the guy giving Lawrence advice on what to do, but a medical
problem presents an interesting wrinkle.

Left shoulder.

As much as I like Mac, I'm starting to get a crush on Trey Lance. Assuming he does not get picked in the to 9, should the Patriots trade up to get him?

As much as I like Mac, I'm starting to get a crush on Trey Lance. Assuming he does not get picked in the to 9, should the Patriots trade up to get him?

I doubt that, but it'd sure be interesting if we made a move like that for a change.

Maybe if we had a lot more draft capital and fewer holes to fill, but he's likely to need a couple of years of development even if we thought he could be the guy. Probably not.

Also, I noticed you selected Joseph Ossai in your last mock and that is a guy who seemed to jump out every time I watched Texas. He's not the biggest guy, but plays like a
maniac with great speed and a relentless style. He's one of those guys who I can feel pretty sure will be a good NFL player before long, but I'm not sure if we'd invest another
top pick on an ED with Winovich and Uche as comparable players already on the roster.

I'd prefer to see some premium beef added to the front, but I wouldn't be upset if we landed that guy.

I doubt that, but it'd sure be interesting if we made a move like that for a change.

Maybe if we had a lot more draft capital and fewer holes to fill, but he's likely to need a couple of years of development even if we thought he could be the guy. Probably not.

Also, I noticed you selected Joseph Ossai in your last mock and that is a guy who seemed to jump out every time I watched Texas. He's not the biggest guy, but plays like a
maniac with great speed and a relentless style. He's one of those guys who I can feel pretty sure will be a good NFL player before long, but I'm not sure if we'd invest another
top pick on an ED with Winovich and Uche as comparable players already on the roster.

I'd prefer to see some premium beef added to the front, but I wouldn't be upset if we landed that guy.

Most pundits give Trey Lance a higher grade/ranking than Mac Jones.
Keeping it close to us here, Evan Lazar gives Lance a 6.75 which = High Quality NFL Starter
whereas he give Mac Jones a 5.9 which = somewhat below avg. NFL starter.
How much his mind would be changed with a personal interview for football IQ, I have no idea, and that's the thing we have no way of knowing.
Lazar gives JFields a 7.0 which = All Pro
and Zach Wilson a 6.9 which = High Quality

Lazar's highest non-QB grade goes to Jaylen Waddle the Bama WR = 7.1

LINK:
View: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Wb9h8niHg4lgrLVYV8w-O9wRn5ppjloUX8GPMHQTAzk/edit?usp=sharing

The knock about Lance is the level of competition that he has faced. The knock on Jones is that he played on a very talented team. However he faced the highest level of competition that college football has to offer.
I'm thinking that the Patriots need to get one of those guys no matter what, even if it means adding a 2022 high pick to move up.

Lazar is way better than I am at football, so he's probably right about Jones, but......I'm sticking with the fat kid who smokes stogies. It ain't my money to blow. The experts are wrong every single year about something, so I'll go with my gut feeling and we'll see how that pans out.

If I wanted to critique Lazar's evaluation grid above, I could question how he can predict Fields could be all-pro and then note "Will get caught on first read and doesn't process beyond that, tends to play on first read and then get into scramble mode, some inconsistencies with short accuracy, can take some risks trusting his arm, going to be tested early in his career mentally".

Sure the kid can improve and learn, but he was in one of the best programs in the country and had talent all over the field and isn't good at going through progressions? Why not? You'd
think that'd be something somebody might've noticed and worked on. Kind of a big deal. Washington just cut a former OSU 1st round QB who couldn't do it either. I just plain don't trust
Ohio State QBs.

I admit Lance really looks the part, but don't want to get into the dicey business of projecting an FCS guy that dominates the Youngstown State Penguins and then you have to figure
out how he'll look against NFL guys.

Fields sounds like the biggest boom or bust QB as far as prospects go. He has all the tools, but if he has a JaMarcus Russell type brain then no amount of talent will get him over the hill. I also side with Mac Jones being the better option, and I think he's more intriguing for BB unless he has other plans.

Fields sounds like the biggest boom or bust QB as far as prospects go. He has all the tools, but if he has a JaMarcus Russell type brain then no amount of talent will get him over the hill. I also side with Mac Jones being the better option, and I think he's more intriguing for BB unless he has other plans.
Haskins has a Ryan Leaf, JaMarcus Russell brain but Fields isn't a dumb dude. Now I don't know if he will make it in the NFL or not & honestly it doesn't matter to me but he is a good guy outside of football.

Wouldn't it be so cool to have a time machine to go fast forward...and also back into the past? Life would be so much cooler...in so many different ways.

Back