LB Ronnie Perkins
CB Rodney Randle
OT Riley Reiff
OL Kody Russey
DT Justus Tavai*
WR Tyquan Thornton
OT Micah Vanterpool
TE Scotty Washington

Well, today is the big day! Rosters down to 53 by 4 pm.

Any predictions for unexpected cuts?

How many WRs will we carry?

How many OL, with the two recent trades ?

If I had to predict something unexpected I've been wondering if Slater might rethink his decision to come back
and retire. I believe he might see guys like Speed, who made a very Slater-like play covering a punt last Friday
(earning Cam Achord's approval) and change his mind. We have a number of guys who can perform his role or
develop into solid pros and as the ultimate Patriot this could be his final "team first" act. Slater is going to have a
job for life here, I believe, and is the exception to the rule that players should take a few years off before coaching their
former teammates.

The one shocker I could see on the OL is to cut Trent Brown. Based on last season and this preseason he might be
washed up, rather than our top T. Beyond him, there are so many draft picks that are close than I have no idea how
you decide between, say, Mafi and Hines or where the two new OTs might fit. We might be forced to keep more OLs
than is typical.

The numbers at STs, OL and WR have to be resolved, but I expect IR to take care of much of that glut.

They'll trade folk today, and the initial 53 will looked weird for a Patriots 53 because he'll initially set it based on who can slide to the practice squad, so there will only be a few STers initially. 6 WR, 9 OL, 2 QB.

If I had to predict something unexpected I've been wondering if Slater might rethink his decision to come back
and retire. I believe he might see guys like Speed, who made a very Slater-like play covering a punt last Friday
(earning Cam Achord's approval) and change his mind. We have a number of guys who can perform his role or
develop into solid pros and as the ultimate Patriot this could be his final "team first" act. Slater is going to have a
job for life here, I believe, and is the exception to the rule that players should take a few years off before coaching their
former teammates.

The one shocker I could see on the OL is to cut Trent Brown. Based on last season and this preseason he might be
washed up, rather than our top T. Beyond him, there are so many draft picks that are close than I have no idea how
you decide between, say, Mafi and Hines or where the two new OTs might fit. We might be forced to keep more OLs
than is typical.

The numbers at STs, OL and WR have to be resolved, but I expect IR to take care of much of that glut.
I could not agree more about Slater. I had mentioned him in the cut down thread last week that he is taking up a valuable spot that we need to sign our young WRs. He has lost a step too. I know Bill wanted him back for his leadership but priority number one should be to keep these young WRs IMO.

They'll trade folk today, and the initial 53 will looked weird for a Patriots 53 because he'll initially set it based on who can slide to the practice squad, so there will only be a few STers initially. 6 WR, 9 OL, 2 QB.

Nick Folk performed beautifully for the Patriots during his time here so thanks are in order. BB is giving his thanks in his way by attempting to trade him to a team of his choice prior to 4PM.

Nick Folk performed beautifully for the Patriots during his time here so thanks are in order. BB is giving his thanks in his way by attempting to trade him to a team of his choice prior to 4PM.
Yup. My guess would be Dallas for obvious reasons, but there are several candidates.

This is true, but it's time to throw Ryland off the back of the boat and see if he can swim. It'd be nice to be able to opt for a FG from
the vicinity of the 40 again, because that inability cost us some points and maybe a few wins over the last few seasons. It's not an irrelevant thing and I
was pleased we opted for a big leg guy in the draft.

I was very skeptical of Folk when we brought him in and will never forget the incredible Tim Wakefield knuckleball he snuck through the posts at Gillette in
one particular game. I'd never seen a football move like that, but it counted for 3 and he got his stroke back before long. His effective range was among the shortest in
the league, but it was a solid move bringing him in and I hope he enjoyed his time in New England.

Folk to the Titans for a 7th in 2025.

Belichick showing his class again. Nick folk performed admirably during his time as a Patriot.

This is true, but it's time to throw Ryland off the back of the boat and see if he can swim. It'd be nice to be able to opt for a FG from
the vicinity of the 40 again, because that inability cost us some points and maybe a few wins over the last few seasons. It's not an irrelevant thing and I

I was very skeptical of Folk when we brought him in and will never forget the incredible Tim Wakefield knuckleball he snuck through the posts at Gillette in
one particular game. I'd never seen a football move like that, but it counted for 3 and he got his stroke back before long. His effective range was among the shortest in
the league, but it was a solid move bringing him in and I hope he enjoyed his time in New England.
You've probably noticed that Folk has been traded to the Titans for a lottery pick from next year's draft. I think he did a fine job as kicker. The Patriots have certainly had fine kickers, since 1996! (Vinatieri, Gostkowski, and Folk). I hope the new kicker is as effective as they were. Yes, he has a good leg....

I feel the same. Time to move on and have kicker that we can trust from 40+. Given the amount of scoring in the league now, we need to be able to convert 3 every time we get to the opponents 35.

I was also surprised by Folk too. I never saw him lasting multiple seasons. Credit to him and his training program.

TE Sokol and S Bledsoe, cut.

With Firkser, Sokol, and Bledsoe on a variety of bubble lists, the likelihood of keeping 6WRs, 9 or even 10 OL, and guys like Roberts and Munson are increasing with each hatchet fall.

17 to go.

Back