The 2024 Draft

and i think the bb-mcafee stuff is youtube

I just checked ESPN+ and confirmed they are streaming McAfee with Bill, but it says it starts at 8PM. They are doing
a draft preview at 7:30 and I can't find that listed there yet, but assume it'll be on.

What I'm unclear on is if you need to subscribe to YouTube TV to watch it live. I know his show is always posted to
regular YT like a day later, so folks can always find it then, but don't believe it will be shown on ESPN2 or any of the
other cable channels.

Hopefully, anybody that wants to watch it can see it easily, but folks might want to double check depending on what
setup they have.

I just checked ESPN+ and confirmed they are streaming McAfee with Bill, but it says it starts at 8PM. They are doing
a draft preview at 7:30 and I can't find that listed there yet, but assume it'll be on.

What I'm unclear on is if you need to subscribe to YouTube TV to watch it live. I know his show is always posted to
regular YT like a day later, so folks can always find it then, but don't believe it will be shown on ESPN2 or any of the
other cable channels.

Hopefully, anybody that wants to watch it can see it easily, but folks might want to double check depending on what
setup they have.

I hate all things GOOGLE except YTTV. Hypocritical, I know. The service is reasonable in cost and just works. I get every channel I want and get to configure exactly how the channel options are presented to me along with an unlimited ability to record not only live stuff but other TV series (my car shows for instance). I am able to tell it to record ALL PGA events and it does. Record all Bruins/Patriots games and it does even if not available to me locally due to regional rules. The recording becomes available usually the next day. Shit just works. Combined with 1Gig internet from Wide Open West I pay less than $190/month for unlimited everything.

It is flat, the weather can suck and the seafood DOES suck but the prices for stuff are better than home...

Now back to your non-hijacked regularly scheduled draft posts...

other cable channels.

setup they have.
Pretty sure that you do not need to subscribe to YouTube tv. I watch McAfee’s show quite a bit & don’t have a subscription.

Today feels like Christmas!!

It does. I always love watching the first round and, in particular, the unexpected stuff, but for this draft I
have a very specific idea in mind for us. No socks and underwear. This year we get the Red Ryder BB gun and
there'll be no worries about shooting our eye out with it.

If Washington turns in their card for Daniels I'm going to pour a couple of fingers of a smoky single-malt over
a single ice cube to celebrate. I'm fully invested with landing Drake Maye as the best possible use of that pick for
the future of this team. No panic, no bag. Have the balls to take the kid, Wolf, and our tomorrows get a lot brighter.

Sure, I could be wrong, but I don't think so. It's Christmas in April.

giphy-792365673.gif

Pretty sure that you do not need to subscribe to YouTube tv. I watch McAfee’s show quite a bit & don’t have a subscription.
You certainly do have to subscribe to Youtube TV, I pay a monthly subscription for it. From what I understand, he has a channel on Youtube which is why you can watch his shows for free.

It does. I always love watching the first round and, in particular, the unexpected stuff, but for this draft I
have a very specific idea in mind for us. No socks and underwear. This year we get the Red Ryder BB gun and
there'll be no worries about shooting our eye out with it.

If Washington turns in their card for Daniels I'm going to pour a couple of fingers of a smoky single-malt over
a single ice cube to celebrate. I'm fully invested with landing Drake Maye as the best possible use of that pick for
the future of this team. No panic, no bag. Have the balls to take the kid, Wolf, and our tomorrows get a lot brighter.

Sure, I could be wrong, but I don't think so. It's Christmas in April.

View attachment 26738
Of the QB's we could likely get at 3, for some reason I think Maye is the choice as well (over Daniels or God-help-us JJ McCarthy).... now we can bookmark this thread/these-posts and look back in a year or two (or three) and see if we were on the money or as dumb as any other person posting on a football MB :)

For all its worth, at least the Pats are picking 3rd. Would people here be happy if they were picking say, 15th again? Or are you happier and more hopeful that you get the 3rd? I know I am happy the pain of last year gets rewarded with this pick.

My almost midday pick is Maye.

I watched his draft show last year :shrug-n:
You said one doesn't have to subscribe to Youtube TV and all I said was that yes you do.

One other cool aspect of YTTV is wherever we go travel wise I bring a $18 Roku dongle and YTTV just works. Hotels, VRBO etc. Need to have a reasonably smart (7 years old or less?) TV to plug into. It then shows me MY MARKET shows and games and everything I have recorded.

Shutting up now. Headed for walk with the better 2/3's.

This is the very first time 30 years that I have no knowledge of any of the future NFL players that will be picked in the next three days. I used to watch a lot of college football, and it gave me an excellent familiarity to all the different players entering the draft. I used to do months of research trying to make my own draft board. Before the draft was moved to Thursday, I used to make, Saturday and Sunday an annual draft a drink, and feast Weekend.

So tonight I still won’t be watching the draft because I don’t have cable TV and the only thing I’ll do is follow the tracker and see who we pick. I’m kind of going into this with zero expectations which makes it a very stress-free situation for me.

The only position I truly care about tonight is the quarterback position. What are your thoughts going in tonight and who do you want to see the patriots draft for that position and explain to me why?

I have not seen any footage college or draft of any of the players. So I might spend a few minutes looking at some film if I have time of course. Enjoy the draft everybody.
Watch BB and Pat McAfee on YouTube! I am…

This is the very first time 30 years that I have no knowledge of any of the future NFL players that will be picked in the next three days. I used to watch a lot of college football, and it gave me an excellent familiarity to all the different players entering the draft. I used to do months of research trying to make my own draft board. Before the draft was moved to Thursday, I used to make, Saturday and Sunday an annual draft a drink, and feast Weekend.

So tonight I still won’t be watching the draft because I don’t have cable TV and the only thing I’ll do is follow the tracker and see who we pick. I’m kind of going into this with zero expectations which makes it a very stress-free situation for me.

The only position I truly care about tonight is the quarterback position. What are your thoughts going in tonight and who do you want to see the patriots draft for that position and explain to me why?

I have not seen any footage college or draft of any of the players. So I might spend a few minutes looking at some film if I have time of course. Enjoy the draft everybody.
Piggy PM I can help you watch it. Just need to download ESPN or NFL app.

Today feels like Christmas!!
CHRISTMAS?!?!?! CHRISTMAS?!?!?! I'm nervous, anxious, shaky, sweaty, irritable,...

My palms are sweaty. Knees weak, and arms are heavy.
There's vomit on my sweater already, wife's spaghetti.

Losing My Mind GIF

The boomers in this thread trying to figure out How The Youtubes Works is hysterical.

You point your world wide web browser to the YouTube site and type 'Pat McAfee' into the search bar. Hit enter, and it will likely be the top result.

You don't need to pay.
You don't need to subscribe to anything.
McAfee's show is livestreamed from his Youtube site, it has nothing to do with Youtube TV or Youtube Premium. There is a chance you'll get ads at some point during the broadcast.

Back