The 2024 Draft

Most of the reports that I read agree with Lazar. But a WR2, can be very valuable.
I don't know if there was a good WR1 left on Day 2.

I had some X WRs still available. Jermaine Burton, Troy Franklin, Johnny Wilson, Brendan Rice, Javon Baker and Luke McCaffrey (all Xs) ahead of Polk but we'll see how he turns out.

Last edited:
CBs are there if they want 1.
WRs I'm looking at not necessarily with 34 but with a trade back to mid 2nd round: Jermaine Burton, Ladd McConkey, Troy Franklin, Ainias Smith, Brendan Rice and Javon Baker.

To me, Legette taken by the Panthers at 32 fits between Smith and Rice on that list above. Burton, McC, Franklin and Smith are all better than Legette to me.

Btw, I'm still fuming that the Chiefs and Andy Reid took Xavier Worthy. He's the guy I wanted for the Pats at 34.

I could have sworn that Bill and Yates' big board from last night listed our top 3 needs as QB, OT and CB as opposed to WR as everybody
thought. Bill later said QB, OT and WR, but I thought it was interesting because they supposedly collarborated on it. . I could also point
out a large gap in the OT class after the 1st rounders went, so they weren't too impressed with Sumataia, but there were several higher-regarded
corners still remaining, so......we'll see how it goes. I hope it's LT, because the need seems extreme enough to demand a need pick, but
I won't be shocked if we go best defensive back left.

I think I probably saw two dozen mocks that had Worthy going to the Chiefs and another dozen for McConkey. One of the big surprises of
last night, for me, was Buffalo trading out of their slot and leaving Worthy there ripe for the taking. It's no mystery what the Chiefs like to
do for their QB. Xavier might have been a ready-made replacement for Diggs, but they really wanted a 3rd rounder, apparently.

Well, yeah, I'd rather have A. Mitchell than Polk but RAS isn't why.
Same, but it makes my point. He's a game changer, or at least has the ability to be that. Polk doesn't. He's going to be solid, dependable, that's his ceiling.

If I didn't know that Belichick wasn't in the draft room, I'd swear he was.

watching NHL playoffs and following this thread. was hoping to see NE on the crawl sooner then we're going to, so lets just see what happens

Last edited:
Mitchell is severely diabetic and he doesn't maintain his glucose the way he should. It causes mood swings, anger management issues and lapses in judgement.
If only...

Mitchell is severely diabetic and he doesn't maintain his glucose the way he should. It causes mood swings, anger management issues and lapses in judgement.
If only...
Super. Know what you do? Hire a guy to give him his shots. Solved. He wouldn't be the first.

Mitchell goes to the Colts, the one place I'd be terrified for him to go, considering their medical staff's history.

Adonai Mitchell's RAS Score, in case anyone thinks I'm being too ridiculous that they drafted Kendrick Bourne again.

View: https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1768970476582240414

I know Bill isn't here, but Mitchell is supposed to be a bit of a problem child, which might be why he is still on the board
at (presently) 49. Certainly he has all the tools, size, speed, hands and highlight reel catches, so there has to be a reason.

I'm more pissed off that we passed on McConkey at 34. He was described as a 100 catch per year guy by DJ last night and
ran a 4.39. He also turned every corner in the SEC inside out, was considered a likely first rounder and almost nobody didn't like
him as a major player. But, man, we turned that 5th rounder into a 4th rounder.

I made a comment that getting Maye was like Christmas and taking Polk where we did is also kind of like a holiday.

Groundhog Day.

I know Bill isn't here, but Mitchell is supposed to be a bit of a problem child, which might be why he is still on the board
at (presently) 49. Certainly he has all the tools, size, speed, hands and highlight reel catches, so there has to be a reason.

I'm more pissed off that we passed on McConkey at 34. He was described as a 100 catch per year guy by DJ last night and
ran a 4.39. He also turned every corner in the SEC inside out, was considered a likely first rounder and almost nobody didn't like

I made a comment that getting Maye was like Christmas and taking Polk where we did is also kind of like a holiday.

Groundhog Day.
That's really interesting, considering he didn't have 100 catches in his college career.

Groundhog Day.

I was sure McConkey was the pick until we traded back.

Back