The 2024 Draft

Not sure yet but I'm seriously considering trading pick 3 + a pick to the Vikings for their picks 11 and 23 and Justin Jefferson and go from there.
No looking back. WR, OT, QB, another trade...all still in play.
Would you take Jefferson, #11 this year and their 2025 1st? That pick will almost certainly be a top 10 and gives the Pats some swing-and-miss insurance if they whiff at QB (again) this year.

woudl jefferson want to come here? if he's traded he has too but doesn't mean he'll sign an extension

woudl jefferson want to come here? if he's traded he has too but doesn't mean he'll sign an extension
Dude, I don't even want to go watch a game in Foxboro, let alone play in one, soooo.... :coffee:

It doesn't, but you have a year to try, and more cap space than anyone else.

In theory, I'd take the shot. In practice, well...you see how FA is going.

Not sure yet but I'm seriously considering trading pick 3 + a pick to the Vikings for their picks 11 and 23 and Justin Jefferson and go from there.
No looking back. WR, OT, QB, another trade...all still in play.
We have 42 days until the draft, I believe, and we have to keep ourselves entertained, so, sure, I'm interested in thinking about a deal like that which
seems one hell of a lot better than simply drafting MHJ with 3. But, if they'd be willing to part with that much draft capital I'd
immediately be concerned that Jefferson has got major off-field issues, say. he's running a sex trafficking ring or something equally grotesque and the Vikes are
looking for a sucker to take him off their hands.

If it is on the level then we could add Jefferson, Bowers, Fautanu/Fuaga and Penix Jr, and still have 5 more rounds to add good prospects.

BTW, I believe all of those names would be plausibly available. A deal and draft like that would probably change the way that the Pats are viewed nationally, but,
as tempting as all that is, I'm going to view this as just a theoretical exercise and nothing realistic. It is a really good one, though. Best, so far.
It all depends on how you view Daniels/Maye vs. Penix, but did we get better? Absolutely.

It's a clever trade projection, because it plays into people's tendency to not roll the dice on one person, even a QB, and to instead hedge all bets to avoid the horrible
pain of turning down such a sweet deal and ending up wishing you had taken it when it turns out, whatever, Drake Maye can't complete a pass to the right of midfield or Daniels ends up
in a full body cast before he finishes his first month as a pro.

Last edited:
we should dig up the "draft threads" from years past to see how way way (way) off we were on these projected All Pro's to be drafted :coffee:

We have 42 days until the draft, I believe, and we have to keep ourselves entertained, so, sure, I'm interested in thinking about a deal like that which
seems one hell of a lot better than simply drafting MHJ with 3. But, if they'd be willing to part with that much draft capital I'd
immediately be concerned that Jefferson has got major off-field issues, say. he's running a sex trafficking ring or something equally grotesque and the Vikes are
looking for a sucker to take him off their hands.

If it is on the level then we could add Jefferson, Bowers, Fautanu/Fuaga and Penix Jr, and still have 5 more rounds to add good prospects.

BTW, I believe all of those names would be plausibly available. A deal and draft like that would probably change the way that the Pats are viewed nationally, but,
as tempting as all that is, I'm going to view this as just a theoretical exercise and nothing realistic. It is a really good one, though. Best, so far.
It all depends on how you view Daniels/Maye vs. Penix, but did we get better? Absolutely.

It's a clever trade projection, because it plays into people's tendency to not roll the dice on one person, even a QB, and to instead hedge all bets to avoid the horrible
pain of turning down such a sweet deal and ending up wishing you had taken it when it turns out, whatever, Drake Maye can't complete a pass to the right of midfield or Daniels ends up
in a full body cast before he finishes his first month as a pro.
Kraft, rightly, will not touch any player who has any kind of allegation like that against him. After APerp, he will never take any risk on a player again. And I agree with him on this.

Kraft, rightly, will not touch any player who has any kind of allegation like that against him. After APerp, he will never take any risk on a player again. And I agree with him on this.
We signed Talib almost immediately after the Hernandez stuff. They'll always gamble on talent.

View: https://twitter.com/thorku/status/1769888203824136534?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1769888203824136534%7Ctwgr%5Ef88cf878a53680246e04fd973a73b1a9e7c23fac%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmusketfire.com%2Fposts%2Fpatriots-staffer-inadvertently-reveals-plans-for-first-round-pick-01hsabpnb2a3

The post connects UNC quarterback Drake Maye to the Vikings through their quarterbacks coach, Josh McCown, who worked with Maye in high school. Some believe he is the best fit for the Vikings' system under Kevin O'Connell and is most likely the player they're targeting in a potential trade-up.

That's why they added another first-rounder to their batch of picks. Some fans are taking it a step further by suggesting the Patriots have already made a deal with Minnesota, which explains their signing of K.J. Osborn.

With all this coming from just one simple tweet, many people have questioned why Williams chose to like the tweet if it wasn't an accidental reveal of the Patriots' plans.

This could be explained by the accidental liking of tweets, which happens to many people daily. Or it could mean exactly what is being speculated about now, and the Patriots are entertaining the idea of trading down for more draft capital.

We won't know the answer until the first round of the draft on April 25, so unfortunately, these types of theories will continue.

View: https://twitter.com/thorku/status/1769888203824136534?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1769888203824136534%7Ctwgr%5Ef88cf878a53680246e04fd973a73b1a9e7c23fac%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fmusketfire.com%2Fposts%2Fpatriots-staffer-inadvertently-reveals-plans-for-first-round-pick-01hsabpnb2a3

The post connects UNC quarterback Drake Maye to the Vikings through their quarterbacks coach, Josh McCown, who worked with Maye in high school. Some believe he is the best fit for the Vikings' system under Kevin O'Connell and is most likely the player they're targeting in a potential trade-up.

That's why they added another first-rounder to their batch of picks. Some fans are taking it a step further by suggesting the Patriots have already made a deal with Minnesota, which explains their signing of K.J. Osborn.

With all this coming from just one simple tweet, many people have questioned why Williams chose to like the tweet if it wasn't an accidental reveal of the Patriots' plans.

This could be explained by the accidental liking of tweets, which happens to many people daily. Or it could mean exactly what is being speculated about now, and the Patriots are entertaining the idea of trading down for more draft capital.

We won't know the answer until the first round of the draft on April 25, so unfortunately, these types of theories will continue.

as they say, "it's lying season" so it could or could not mean anything.

Back