The battle for 1st seed - 2018

It's hysterical. Andy Reid has had the Queefs in the playoffs 5 times in the last 6 years (I'm projecting them forward for this season). The last 2 years they've started 5-0. In 2013 they started 9-0. In 2015 they started 1-5 and proceeded to win 10 games in a row AND a first round playoff game. If you listen to these idiots (and yeah, Queef fans are idiots across the board), you would think they've been the Browns over that course time and have all of a sudden been magically reborn with the emergence of a 2nd year QB who had the benefit of sitting behind a Pro-Bowl QB his first season. Mahomes is nothing more than Donovan McNabb with a better receiving corps playing in an era where rules are designed to make defending the pass virtually impossible. I'm not saying the kid can't play, I'm saying we've seen this before and will see it again.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/U3RXf0E_Vuw" frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; encrypted-media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What was that? Did you say something? Can't hear you.

Good we got a win last night and outlasted the Bills. Divisional games can be tough at times, even though some folks outside of NE think our divisional games are easy.

We have essentially the same winning percentage against our divisional opponents as we have with the rest of the league, and when we play the latter we are playing 2-4 playoff teams out of the 10 games.

Good to keep pace with KC, I gotta think at some point they are going to drop a game or two and we can be in the driver seat for the #1 seed. As we beat Houston (and play Pitt) we are in good shape to secure a bye, but time will tell.

Even if KC gets a higher seed, I am not afraid to travel to Arrowhead. It is not as bad as Mile High for the Pats.

Good we got a win last night and outlasted the Bills. Divisional games can be tough at times, even though some folks outside of NE think our divisional games are easy.

We have essentially the same winning percentage against our divisional opponents as we have with the rest of the league, and when we play the latter we are playing 2-4 playoff teams out of the 10 games.

Good to keep pace with KC, I gotta think at some point they are going to drop a game or two and we can be in the driver seat for the #1 seed. As we beat Houston (and play Pitt) we are in good shape to secure a bye, but time will tell.

Even if KC gets a higher seed, I am not afraid to travel to Arrowhead. It is not as bad as Mile High for the Pats.

the Andy Reid Effect™ will prevent that from happening

The Bills have a good defense. Last night was a division game. On the road. In prime time. On a night the opponent was retiring a number for one of their all time greats. A week before a huge showdown. The Pats came out completely vanilla and still not only won but covered the spread. Buffalo was never in this game at any point.

the Andy Reid Effect™ will prevent that from happening

The Bills have a good defense. Last night was a division game. On the road. In prime time. On a night the opponent was retiring a number for one of their all time greats. A week before a huge showdown. The Pats came out completely vanilla and still not only won but covered the spread. Buffalo was never in this game at any point.

I agree. As you mentioned the Chiefs have started hot for a few times in recent yes only to fade as the year goes on, so there should be a few losses in the cards.

As the same time though, if for some reason the Chiefs are able to keep it going, it would be great to go into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs in late Jan. and be 2004 2.0 when we went into Heinz field to beat a hot team with a rookie QB. For me that would be sweeter than beating the Chiefs in Foxboro.

Yes Bills have a good D, and like many divisional games, it was a tough game for most of the way.

I agree. As you mentioned the Chiefs have started hot for a few times in recent yes only to fade as the year goes on, so there should be a few losses in the cards.

As the same time though, if for some reason the Chiefs are able to keep it going, it would be great to go into Arrowhead and beat the Chiefs in late Jan. and be 2004 2.0 when we went into Heinz field to beat a hot team with a rookie QB. For me that would be sweeter than beating the Chiefs in Foxboro.

Yes Bills have a good D, and like many divisional games, it was a tough game for most of the way.

The only difference would be that Mahomes is not a rookie. He's in his second year in the Queefs offense.

The only difference would be that Mahomes is not a rookie. He's in his second year in the Queefs offense.

True, but this is kind of his rookie year.

The larger point for me would be to see a lot of hype for Mahomes and the Chiefs and his first full season, national media saying the Chiefs are the best, Pats gonna loose, then we win. . . . :dbanana:

True, but this is kind of his rookie year.

The larger point for me would be to see a lot of hype for Mahomes and the Chiefs and his first full season, national media saying the Chiefs are the best, Pats gonna loose, then we win. . . . :dbanana:

No, it's not. He had an entire season to learn the offense sitting behind a pro-bowl QB last year. He was the named starter as far back as March when the Queefs traded Smith. He went in to minicamps and OTAs as the starter. It's not even REMOTELY like a rookie season.

Referring to this as his rookie season does nothing more than drive the narrative.

No, it's not. He had an entire season to learn the offense sitting behind a pro-bowl QB last year. He was the named starter as far back as March when the Queefs traded Smith. He went in to minicamps and OTAs as the starter. It's not even REMOTELY like a rookie season.

Referring to this as his rookie season does nothing more than drive the narrative.

Yes he had time to learn the play book and watch 15 games last year and play in one. And was the named starter as you mentioned. so an offseason as the starter. And yes it can take time to learn the ropes of the NFL. So i agree 100% on your points, he has a head start over a cold and true rookie.

But in the end practice can not always simulate a real game. So to that extent these are his first starts as a player. So it is not a true rookie season, but it is a season with his first set of NFL starts and he trying to adjust to the same.

In the end, i think we both love the times, (and there have been many), where the Pats over years have beaten the media's darling. I find that very sweet.

I like Mahomes, and he may be a keeper, but he is getting a lot of love from the media.

Time will tell if that continues, or he falls back to the pack (and maybe below) as many of the new flavor of the month have fallen.

Yes he had time to learn the play book and watch 15 games last year and play in one. And was the named starter as you mentioned. so an offseason as the starter. And yes it can take time to learn the ropes of the NFL. So i agree 100% on your points, he has a head start over a cold and true rookie.

But in the end practice can not always simulate a real game. So to that extent these are his first starts as a player. So it is not a true rookie season, but it is a season with his first set of NFL starts and he trying to adjust to the same.

In the end, i think we both love the times, (and there have been many), where the Pats over years have beaten the media's darling. I find that very sweet.

I like Mahomes, and he may be a keeper, but he is getting a lot of love from the media.

Time will tell if that continues, or he falls back to the pack (and maybe below) as many of the new flavor of the month have fallen.

Why I'm so adamant about emphasizing that point is I'm sick to death of the fluff job the media is giving him. A lot of those ass clowns refer to him as a rookie. It's like this past NBA season when Ben Simmons was named ROY. He wasn't a rookie, he missed his entire ROY season with an injury. Mahomes may end up being a great player long term, he may fizzle out once the league gets enough film on him. I really hate how our society is so driven by the whole Flavor of the Month mindset. Something that has always pissed me off, social media just makes it worse.

Why I'm so adamant about emphasizing that point is I'm sick to death of the fluff job the media is giving him. A lot of those ass clowns refer to him as a rookie. It's like this past NBA season when Ben Simmons was named ROY. He wasn't a rookie, he missed his entire ROY season with an injury. Mahomes may end up being a great player long term, he may fizzle out once the league gets enough film on him. I really hate how our society is so driven by the whole Flavor of the Month mindset. Something that has always pissed me off, social media just makes it worse.

I hear yah 100%. And I kind of use the word rookie not in its truest form.

I kind of look at Mahomes like Brady, who had a season to learn, altho Brady did not have the off season as a starter. I look at 2001 as Brady's first starts and do not hold 2000 against him for those "start of career" stats.

I have somewhat stopped watching the national media the last few years and it can get real annoying. Even like the Aaron Rodgers love, when Manning was around it was Brady and Manning, now that Manning has retired folks have leap frogged Rodgers over Brady, it can get annoying.

And yes the love it thick for Mahomes, be interesting if he can keep it up. My guess is that folks might ignore the fact that he had a year to learn.

I hear yah 100%. And I kind of use the word rookie not in its truest form.

I kind of look at Mahomes like Brady, who had a season to learn, altho Brady did not have the off season as a starter. I look at 2001 as Brady's first starts and do not hold 2000 against him for those "start of career" stats.

I have somewhat stopped watching the national media the last few years and it can get real annoying. Even like the Aaron Rodgers love, when Manning was around it was Brady and Manning, now that Manning has retired folks have leap frogged Rodgers over Brady, it can get annoying.

And yes the love it thick for Mahomes, be interesting if he can keep it up. My guess is that folks might ignore the fact that he had a year to learn.

Brady went out and beat the Greatest Show on Turf in the Super Bowl that year. He was never referred to as a rookie at any point.

And yeah, I despise the sports media and have for a long time. Brees/Manning/Rodgers have as many rings combined as Brady does. Brady has the numbers. Brady has the wins. Brady has EVERYTHING, yet these miserable little shit bags are always looking for somebody to promote ahead of him as the GOAT. You could be somewhat in the same zip code with Brees. Maybe on the same planet with Rodgers. But MAHOMES? Not in this or any alternate universe at this point in his career.

Brady went out and beat the Greatest Show on Turf in the Super Bowl that year. He was never referred to as a rookie at any point.

And yeah, I despise the sports media and have for a long time. Brees/Manning/Rodgers have as many rings combined as Brady does. Brady has the numbers. Brady has the wins. Brady has EVERYTHING, yet these miserable little shit bags are always looking for somebody to promote ahead of him as the GOAT. You could be somewhat in the same zip code with Brees. Maybe on the same planet with Rodgers. But MAHOMES? Not in this or any alternate universe at this point in his career.

Yes Brady did help to win SB 36, and made the last drive that counted to set up the FG to win. He also brought the Pats back in the Snow Bowl game from 10 points down, many folks outside of NE failed to give Brady credit for this game where he threw for 312 yards in a snow storm.

Also, many folks talk about the Pats D and AV, but Brady had to be called on during that run to be both clean and pick up the offense in at least one game per SB run. I highly doubt other QBs would of won 3 of 4 SBs.

Yah it is funny to see folks wanting to place someone ahead of Brady. Many folks do not realize how much effort it takes to keep things going year to year. We can just look at Jacksonville "Duval" Jaguars and the Philadelphia "having fun" Eagles as evidence of how tough it is.

Whether Mahomes keeps it up or not, judgement day is coming either KC will fall off or that Pats and KC meet in Jan. It is going to be a fun 2nd half of the season.

Mahomes may be having a better year (while driving a Cadillac), but lets see him string together a few years.

The media just loves to try to down play Brady and the Pats

Yehoodi gets it

BOZO is in denial

If I had 2:00 to go 90 yards to win I'd want

1)Mahomes
2)Rodgers
3)Brady

If I had 3rd down and 25 I'd want
1)Mahomes
2)Rodgers
3) nobody

Y
If I had 2:00 to go 90 yards to win I'd want

How about with 1:15 left and having to drive for 77 yards for a TD to win while playing away? :coffee:

Sorry I am going to interject my crap here, too.
I see a high probability after this weekend Steelers will be no.2 seed.

Pats lose to GB (short week for Pats, GB desperate)
Chargers lose to Seattle in Seattle
Thinking even the Chiefs get surprised in Cleveland. Stout D. New coach.

Steelers are out for revenge against a nemesis.

Relax, It's only week 9.

Do they have the same weapons?

You all are missing the facts in front of you.

Patrick Mahomes - Career:

# of 2-minute, game-winning drives = 0
# of 3rd and 25s converted = 0
# of ANY down and 25 converted = 0

The guy's a dumbass flyover Chiefs fan, who wouldn't know a good QB if Joe Montana spit in his face.

You're all wasting your time. :coffee:

Do they have the same weapons?

You cant deny Brady makes EVERY receiver good. And Edelman is always open. Mahomes and Rodgers make the receivers also but Brady doesn't have the arm strength to match either.

You all are missing the facts in front of you.

Patrick Mahomes - Career:

# of 2-minute, game-winning drives = 0
# of 3rd and 25s converted = 0
# of ANY down and 25 converted = 0

The guy's a dumbass flyover Chiefs fan, who wouldn't know a good QB if Joe Montana spit in his face.

You're all wasting your time. :coffee:

I keep telling them this.

Back