The Chargers Are Coming - Wk 8, 2017

My brother talks like that every week. He's a Skins fan......

One guy not mentioned so far is Melvin Gordon.

His stats don't wow you, but he's got 7 TDs and has several games where he had over 150 yards combined.

I think the dude is sneaky good and he could give us problems.

One more thing that Atlanta, somewhat inexplicably, did not do was throw at their TE. I think he had one target. The Chargers have a combined 43 catches from Hunter Henry and Antonio Gates and I don't have to mention that our LBs aren't noted for coverage.

Keenan Allen has 36 receptions (although only 52 pct of his targets) and is leading the league in 3rd down conversions by a wide margin, so look for him when they need a 1st.

Without Hightower it is going to be interesting to see how our D performs against an offense that is 21st in the league in points scored.

I'm not expecting a repeat of the Atlanta game and would settle for an ugly win in the rain.

We are doomed, doomed I tell you!!

Hot take from this thread.

Quote:
<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=5 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=alt2 style="BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset; BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset">New England is a mental thing. They are not elite anymore. They truly aren't. This season is still wide-open.

I think winning the last three games, including two road wins, and two of them being close, should help our team's confidence.

The NE defense is NOT Denver's defense. Please don't lie to yourselves. Please don't create stories.

Teams are scoring in them. Atlanta didn't but they are down from 2016 across the board. It's not a "NE defense" anomaly".

Look at the scores and who they've played. We will have opportunities.

The biggest takeaway from this last game against Denver is the fact that we didn't make dumb mistakes besides some clock management. But we protected the football, didn't make any awful throws and didn't try any stupid chicanery.

I'm psyched for this game. To get to the playoffs, you need games like this. If we win, it'll be a fantastic turnaround and put us in true position to make a SERIOUS run... not just fantasy talk. But a serious run at the playoffs and becoming the talk of the league heading into our bye week.
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Other than the "not elite" comment, which I would dispute, I can't fault any of that.

The Chargers are a garbage red headed stepchild in their own "home" of Los Angeles. Pats should cruise in this game.

Hunter Henry is a name that we could be hearing a lot of on Sunday...

Chung's got a big task with him. Henry's a really good player. Not the best blocker, but he's not Tony Gonzalez either.

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

OK but did you read any of that thread?

I did. Like most rah rah, yahoo fanbases (as the Chargers have always been), they operate on 5-10 year old scouting reports they first got from a 'hot take' source, which usually consists of an in-depth sentence.

Heavy rain & wind tomorrow PM in the Northeast from potent Nor'Easter. Expecting impacts on <s>#</s>NFL games hosted along I-95 <s>#</s>Was <s>#</s>PHL <s>#</s>NYJ <s>#</s>NE

DNONIHVU8AAxFJE.jpg

Looks like most of the rain won't happen until later tonight.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Stephon Gilmore seems leaving facility today. Not even staying to watch the game.

Could we trade him?

doubtful, looking at Patscap.com, it looks like if the Pats trade or cut him this year, he hits the cap for an additional $8m this year and hits the cap for $14m next year

Back